Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
You know, I finally realised why this game affected me so much. Mostly of course it is because of good writing and storytelling but I've realised that the fact that it is in Danish, close to my language Swedish, it just feels so much more real.

Anyway, thank you for this LP of this interesting odd game. It's been a great ride and you've done an amazing job translating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm not super hot on the endings but it was still a neat game that deserved far more recognition than it got, thanks for the LP. I just hope they'll re-release it on PC. They should really contact Night Dive, they'd probably be interested in helping.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
That was an interesting game. Thanks for putting in the work and showing it off.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seeing this all, start to end, makes me wonder why more games haven't been done in Claymation. I mean, there was this and the Neverhood...

Actually, maybe more games have been done in Claymation. If you'd asked me before I started watching this game I'd have said just the Neverhood.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Glazius posted:

Seeing this all, start to end, makes me wonder why more games haven't been done in Claymation. I mean, there was this and the Neverhood...

Actually, maybe more games have been done in Claymation. If you'd asked me before I started watching this game I'd have said just the Neverhood.
Check out The Dream Machine.

Bon Yack
Aug 19, 2010

Glazius posted:

The Dark Eye is similar to this.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Bon Yack posted:

The Dark Eye is similar to this.

The Dark Eye was a really great game. I think it's in the LP archive, too.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
http://lparchive.org/Blackout/

The LP is now available at the LP archive, with everything collected in a convenient location.

Also, some googling has shown that there is exactly one other completed LP of this game in existence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zA-peIUSfo.

This is an unedited Google Hangouts playthrough, with translations and commentary provided by two guys talking over the game. I haven't watched the whole thing from start to finish, but I skipped around a bit, and they do provide some interesting commentary on occasion.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Congrats on the archived LP! I'll check out the other one, too.

• Locked thread