Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Corp Points: 0

Current Racer: Techs. Health: 10/14. Mobility: 0. Armor: 2. Attack: 2. Weapons: [Ramming Speed | No Status | Only Attack Forward/Fire After Moving], [Hit the Brakes | No Status | Only Attack Behind]. Parts: Cruise.Control.
Current Points: 0. Skills: Unstoppable Force, Explorer. Special: Acceptable Losses

Techs needs to pull ahead, and the best way to do that is to lose all the extra weight in the massive tanker container...
[1. Acceptable Losses (Special): 1]
... but the latch catches, and the tanker doesn't unhook! Whoops!

[2. Shill!: 11]
Loudspeakers on Techs' tanker power up, sending out a friendly commercial for all the viewers to hear "Arcturus Celestial Development! The affordable alternative for all your terraforming needs! Our friends at RAMA just demonstrated their ability to change the landscape of a planet to their whims! Now you can too, and without spending a fortune! New in the Arcturus catalogue, straight from Astrilia's Glitterblack desert: The Obsidian Shard! A perfect addition to spice up any desert world!

Arcturus. Building the worlds of your dreams!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Tom the Intern
HP: 11
Mobility: 2
Armor: 0
Attack: 2
Special Recharge: 0/4
Racer points: 9

Tom had a the holes plugged and armor plates replaced at the garage, setting the whole edifice to explode in a flash shaped like the Academy logo when viewed from outer space, riding the explosion all the way to second place.

Garage healing: 2d4: 7

Mobility: 1d20+2: 18

Tom speeded through the plain, but the frankly terrifying centipede behind him was still somehow gaining on him. The difference in their velocities was not that high however. The kinetic leech was basically purpose built for situations exactly like this.

Tom fired the leech at the monster truck ahead of him, actually making sure to open the latches this time around.

Kinetic leech: 1d20+5: 19

[Garage Healing: 7]
[1. Mobility: 18]
[2. Attack: Kinetic Leech VS Mason: 19] This weapon incurs a mobility penalty on my racer if it misses
[Priming: The Precision Revectorizer (Not.It) is primed as thus: It will activate against any attack with a roll greater than 15, or if several shots are made at me, it will activate against the highest roll. It will never activate against a roll of 10 or below. It will target the racer in front of me unless I am in second to last place, in which case it will target the racer in last place, or in the case the shooter is next to me, in which case the shooter will be targeted instead.]

Theantero fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 29, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

character sheet

Live graphs from inside his cockpit showed a 12% increase in sales since the race had begun, but a staggering 20% drop in shareholder opinion. Gruff Mann knew that this competition had more on the line than mere pride, and whilst he knew the General Manager was a cool cat (literally) he also knew it was beholden to the whims of the coolcil. The winds of fashion change fickle'y, he needed to pull off something impressive soon if he was to stay in the game.

They had wanted a chase sequence, right? It wouldn't do to stay in last place. He rerouted some power to engines and stepped on the gas.

Mobility: 1d20 = 2

But compared to the other vehicles, Destructo Mechano just wasn't very fast. At all.

Grumbling from his drivers seat, Gruff Mann released the safeties on a few more missiles, hoping to pull off a cool trick by bounching them off of Tom the Intern and his kinetic drive. He didn't much care what he'd hit, as long as he could drive through the remnants of the explosion and perhaps not come in dead-last at the checkpoint.

LRM - Fire zé missiles!: 1d20+2 = 17

[Mobility: 2]
[Attacking Tom the Intern with Long Range Missiles, triggering his Precision Revectorizer to make the attack instead hit Knight Crawler! = 17]

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

[Attacking Tom the Intern with Long Range Missiles, triggering his Precision Revectorizer to make the attack instead hit Knight Crawler! = 17]

Yo mate, you don't get to decide who the Revectorizer targets :colbert:

According to my triggers it's bound to hit Mason instead.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Theantero posted:

Yo mate, you don't get to decide who the Revectorizer targets :colbert:

According to my triggers it's bound to hit Mason instead.

"Meow apologies, Professor Giovanni! Mr. Manns targeting computer must be malfunctioning."

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

BLAMMO!! Incorporated

Points - 5
Parts - Red.Paint

[Health - 0] 7/10 HP
[Mobility - 2] (+1 from Red.Paint)
[Armor - 1]
[Attack - 3]

Of course we'll be happy to share our extraneous points with the Academy; after all, it is science that builds the better weapons of the future!

---

Our racer is under attack, Jim. GEN's missiles only just missed our racer. Permission to return fire?

No, you idiot. Look at the footage again. That missile was intended to hit the Academy racers, but they redirected it to us. Vaporize those ivory tower nerds instead!

---

http://orokos.com/roll/348332 (Attack AoT with T-type disintegration ray, 2#1d20+6=15,24)

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
Oh yes sign me up. Lord of the Tower was great.

Red Line is great inspiration for this if anyone wants something great to watch

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

goodness posted:

Oh yes sign me up. Lord of the Tower was great.

Red Line is great inspiration for this if anyone wants something great to watch

(Welcome aboard! Feel free to make a Corp and a Racer even if the slots are currently filled because it looks like one or two will be empty pretty soon!

Also, strangely I haven't SEEN Red Line yet - I've seen a few gifs and that was enough to form part of the inspiration for this, haha!)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

You pass through the sandstorm’s wall, revealing a clear, cloudless sky up ahead. Astrilia’s mismatched moons shine down upon you, one full and one gibbous, like shining marbles on a black table. The route takes you through some pretty rugged terrain, but your Route Plotter is just flashing [One Moment - Resurfacing]. You shrug and keep driving, and then it happens.

You don’t see a flash or hear a peal of godly thunder, but suddenly the desert extending out in front of you drops away, the dunes flattened in an instant by some irresistable force. The surface boils red hot under the pressure, then cools instantaneously, leaving a tabletop-flat surface. The merest glimmer of RAMA’s power. Your Route Plotter flickers back to life, flashing [GO GO GO]. The First Checkpoint is up ahead - and a huge load of Points for the first one through! Haul rear end!

No time to think or talk. No obstacles in your way except your opponents, and the lurid holographic glow of the Checkpoint hanging in the air. You can taste the glory. Gun your engines and WIN.

quote:

Smartees, Ink. (Mason)
Skill: Redneck Engineuity - 20
Mobility: 21
No Environmental Effect
Clogged with sand, eh? Nothing a few whacks won’t fix! Mason managed to clear out the worst of it and his engine roared back to full power! Maybe even a little better! Mason slammed his palm repeatedly into his horn, the shockwaves from the massively loud sound echoing across the glassy landscape. Victory - and a buttload of Points - was his!

Then an impact from behind jostled him up but good.

quote:

Crispy Creek Biotechnology Services (Knight Crawler)
Mobility: 19
Shill: 18
No Environmental Effect
Knight Crawler kept up his steady pace, his many legs dancing across the black and steaming glass. He kept his eyes on the road ahead, but his mind was elsewhere, spinning out an ad for his benefactors and creators. The Rotunder looked almost - but not quite - exactly like the Rounders seen earlier. A little fatter, a little more cuddly, maybe. Appealing to a certain demographic of people who wanted a souvenir of this Sundown Run. Not to the collectors, though. Not authentic enough - and they were the ones who paid the big bucks. Doesn’t matter, even these imperfect replicas were enough for now; just look at the points roll in!
(+5 Points from Shilling - Racers behind Knight Crawler gain +2 to their first Attack on him next turn)

quote:

Arcturus Celestial Development (Techs)
SPECIAL FAILURE [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
Shill: 11
Cruise.Control prevents loss of Position due to no Mobility
No Environmental Effect
Techs made sure that Cruise.Control was active, then tried to disengage its trailer. No dice. it chittered in irritation, then grew calm. It wasted only time, and it wasn’t as though it needed to be first through this Checkpoint anyhow - it just needed to pass through at all. The Tanker gouged out a sample of the Glitterblack on the move, analyzed it. The perfect target for their advertisement. Techs beamed out a quick promo on its unique and collectible qualities, and soon enough had several orders pinging through the queue. It held onto the Shards for now - the Checkpoint would allow it to send them up above to its pit team. From there, they could figure it out.
(+3 Points from Shilling - Racers behind Techs gain +2 to their first Attack on him next turn)

quote:

Academy of Titan (Tom the Intern)
Mobility: 18
Attack: Mason [Kinetic Leech +3, Fire Forward, While Moving, Mobility Penalty (1d4) on Miss, DT6 Mobility Steal] - 19
Precision.Revectorizer redirects first >15 Attack towards Racer ahead of him
No Environmental Effect
Tom was riding high on his survival through the last few hours. He had thought for sure he was a goner, and now look at him! The sight of the Points he had accrued for the Academy filled him with determination. He pushed the Kappa even faster, trying to keep ahead of Crispy Creek’s Racer. Not fast enough! He launched an attack at Mason, far ahead - maybe he could kill two birds with one stone!
([[Tom the Intern 1d20+5=19] vs [Mason 1d20+2=5]]/d4 = 3d4+1d2 = 6 Damage and 2 Mobility Steal)
Holy poo poo, it worked! Mason’s car slowed with a jerk as though it had hit a stone, and the Kappa jerked forward by the same speed! Not too bad!
(Mason takes a -2 Mobility Penalty / Tom the Intern gains +2 Mobility Bonus!)
Speeding ahead, Tom felt pretty loving good - especially when his Revectorizer send a shot winging Mason’s way!

The next part was not as fun.

quote:

GEN (Gruff Mann)
Mobility: 2
Attack: Tom the Intern [LRM +1, Non-Adjacent Only, DT14 AOE] - 17
No Environmental Effect
Already in last place, Gruff tried to decrease the distance between him and second-last. Destructo Mechano’s many tires crunched through the glass, but couldn’t find purchase - an embarassing showing! Grumbling in frustration, he primed some missiles. He wouldn’t be in last place if one of the other Racers was dead, now would he!?
([[Gruff Mann 1d20+2=5] vs [Tom 1d20+0=???] Redirected at Mason
([[Gruff Mann 1d20+2=17] vs [Mason 1d20+2=13]]/d4 = 1d4 = 2 Damage)
Damnit all! Whatever - Mason was limping now. It would be a simple matter to take him out next round. Slow and steady. Slow and steady. Gruff trundled along.

quote:

Blammo!! (Blammy)
Attack: Tom the Intern [Disintegration Ray +3, Precision Weapon, Prototype, Loot Piñata] - 15
Attack: Tom the Intern [Disintegration Ray +3, Precision Weapon, Prototype, Loot Piñata] - 24
No Environmental Effect
Blammy shrieked while slamming buttons. The ɣ-Class T-Type disintegration ray roared with contained power, waiting for precisely the right moment. There - just as the missile was redirected, an opening!
([[Blammy 1d20+3=15] vs [Tom the Intern 1d20+0=16]]=MISS! Redirected due to Precision Weapon!)
The Kappa swerved just in time, sending the shot wild! The attack strikes at Knight Crawler!
([[Blammy 1d20+3=15] vs [Knight Crawler 1d20+1=20]]=MISS!)
Blammy gave his head a shake, took closer aim. Targeting algorithms tightened in, future projections reached consesus. He fired.
([[Blammy 1d20+3=15] vs [Tom the Intern 1d20+0=2]]/d4 = 5d4+1d2 = 13 Damage!
Tom the Intern is Taken Down! Any Points he has gained transfer to the Corp!)

Blammy shrieks in triumph, even as the Points flow in! Tom’s look of surprised terror is immortalized in a collectible hologram. The Betting Hall erupts in cheers and groans. Giovanni drums his fingers on the table.
Kill a Racer - Hilarious! To die so close to a goal? How ruthless! Well deserving of Points! Gain 2 Points
(Blammy ALSO gains 1 Point for the kill for regular reasons!)

Tearing their way through the wreckage of the Academy of Titan’s hopes and dreams, the Racers burst through the Checkpoint! But WHO IS IN THE LEAD!?

Last Round Positions_____________________New Positions
1st - Mason_______________________________1st - Mason (+2 Points + 10 Points!)
2nd - Tom the Intern_____________________2nd - Knight Crawler (+8 Points!)
3rd - Knight Crawler______________________3rd - Blammy (+6 Points!)
4th - Blammy_____________________________4th - Techs (+4 Points!)
5th - Techs________________________________5th - Gruff Mann (+2 Points!)
6th - Gruff Mann__________________________6th - VACANT

The Points flow down to the Racers like water, but the race is far from done. They race in the dark, now, but in the days ahead they would face far worse!

(There’s an empty spot! I’ll probably go through the list of applications in order unless someone REALLY wants in right now - next up in that case would be Don’t Worry, I know What I’m Doing… err, LTD. or Ahistorical Preenactment Society, depending on who wants to go first/has more time!)

You pass through the Checkpoint - fanfares blare all over your HUD, indicating how many points you’ve recieved. As if to celebrate, three more blips appear on your map. Garages - gifts from RAMA! They land with fierce eruptions of force in the foothills ahead of you. It’ll take some skillful driving to get to them, but you’re sure you can manage! On the other hand, maybe you’re better off just blazing towards the mountains up ahead - they look pretty drat steep, and your route takes you straight up the tallest!

Also the blast sends a variety of strange critters scampering through the bush. You could probably take a couple samples, if you have the right gear or skills to do so. You could probably also take some slick potshots for some Points!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Antedecents : Brilliant Precursors or Negligent Old Fools?

The Ten Spokes would have you think that the Antecedents are benevolent geniuses who guided us through our evolution. Indeed, as we all know, the discovery of the Flicker Ruin on Europa is what prompted Humanity’s diaspora into the stars. The mental imprinting technology reverse-engineered from the Flicker Ruin allowed us to send ourselves as light, as pure information, to be reconstituted elsewhere. Until first contact was made with the Antecedents, all of Humanity assumed them to be brilliant, compassionate… and extinct. How else to explain the wealth of technology scattered broken across countless planets? The defunct communication devices? The weapons, laying perfectly preserved in sealed, unlocked armories?

First Contact made it plain. The Antecedents are fools. They have existed for tens of millenia longer than Humanity, spreading across the galaxy, leaving behind half-finished projects and a trail of clues that lead to nothing. There was never a grand plan, there was never any mystery - just the discarded toys of a race of bored demigods. The discovery that the Flicker Ruin was an abandoned waste disposal facility proved an embarassment to all parties involved, the great shame against humanity’s brilliant rise to the stars.

The Spokes say they have changed, that interaction with other races has stripped them of their wanderlust and their carelessness - as of course they would. The AESC are a creation of the Antecedent, and cannot be trusted. This is how they will bring about our end - not with solar fire, but with the slow degradation of Humanity’s great destiny.

Do not go complacent into their fold! Fight against their tyrann-

[[PIRATE SIGNAL LOCATED AND NEUTRALIZED]]
[[...]]
[[FEAR NOT THE ANTECDENT - THEY ARE PARTNERS, ONLY, OF NO GREATER IMPORTANCE THAN HUMANITY OR KAR’TUN. LET US ALL WORK TOGETHER, TO THE BENEFIT OF ALL]]
[[...]]
[[THE WORD OF RAMA]]

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

dog kisser posted:

(There’s an empty spot! I’ll probably go through the list of applications in order unless someone REALLY wants in right now - next up in that case would be Don’t Worry, I know What I’m Doing… err, LTD. or Ahistorical Preenactment Society, depending on who wants to go first/has more time!)

I would be totally fine with the Ahistorical Preenactment Society going up first! I've been swamped with work, and unfortunately, I don't know when that's going to change!

It's pretty darn awesome so far!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Also I just want to say that I only died here because DK screwed up my defensive part's algorithm. I do not mind, but will record this here for posterity:

quote:

22:45: DogKisser: FINE I SUCK AND AM GARBAGE

:v:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grognan posted:

Name - Diamond Joe™ v11.38thx
Species - Human, cloned and age enhanced to Ahistorical ™perfection

Stats -
14 Health
2+1 Mobility
2 Armor
0 Attack
Description - This is the Authentic Diamond Joe Transam™, with no detail left embelished. Diamond Joe™ was a huge historical figure from what we can verify from earth.
Weapons - Diamond Joe™'s haul of copper wire [Behind Only][Cannot Be Targeted] Diamond Joe™'s stash of grenades that a buddy asked him to hold on to. [One position forward][Can fall behind and hit behind or Joe] [roll 1d5, 1-3 grenade lands on target, 4 fumbles and drops the grenade behind him, 5 drops on the transam]
Skills - Driving, Mugging for the Audience
Special - Diamond Joe™'s Smile (Five point penalty to Mobility or Attack, Victim chooses. Bonus Corp Point if used in lead)
Parts - Its.A.Hemi[Red.Paint] (+1 mobility)
AI Action - Diamond Joe actions, or in more explicit terms. Mug for the Cameras and get to be first.

YEEEEEEEHAWWWW! Here we go!

http://orokos.com/roll/348414 Mobility 1d20+3=4 Crit Fail!

http://orokos.com/roll/348416 Shilling 1d20=1 Crit Fail!

Annnnnnd there he went! The Authentic Biden Gaffe™!

*frantically cues up canned laugh track*

Grognan fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 30, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Theantero posted:

Also I just want to say that I only died here because DK screwed up my defensive part's algorithm. I do not mind, but will record this here for posterity:

:v:

(You scoundrel!

Anyhow, here's a question! In IRC (which is #madgod on synirc, btw), they were debating whether each Zone we could change stuff up a bit, and I think it's kind of a neat idea. Stuff like Point Multipliers for each round where a Racer hasn't been killed, or something equally interesting. I think Corp Representatives - whether in the Run or not - should have a debate about it, if you're interested. Propose some suggestions, and vote on one that seems interesting. If you're NOT interested, say that too! Either way, it's a way to get the Representatives in on some action, even if it doesn't affect the Run directly.)

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Corp Points: 0

Current Racer: Techs. Health: 10/14. Mobility: 0. Armor: 2. Attack: 2. Weapons: [Ramming Speed | No Status | Only Attack Forward/Fire After Moving], [Hit the Brakes | No Status | Only Attack Behind]. Parts: NONE.
Current Points: 7. Skills: Unstoppable Force, Explorer. Special: Acceptable Losses. Special Recharge: 4 rounds

Speed was clearly not Techs' strong suit, so it tried another approach.
[1. Shill!: 20] Crit Shill!
*catchy commercial jingle* "Arcturus Celestial Development! Here in the second section of the race, we'd like to remind you that Arcturus is here for the long haul! Both in the race, and in customer service! Erosion got you down? Your beautiful rolling hills need a touch-up? Too many bees? Just call Arcturus, and for a small fee, we'll come in and fix up any changes you need to your previous purchases! No questions asked!"

Good! Great! Now time to find a garage to spend it! in
[2. Explorer: 25] (jesus christ another crit)

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 30, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
((I'll throw one more on the backup list list. Here's a corp, here's a backstory, now I will try and work on the vehicle.))

Company Name - Ultrasafe Incarceration Services.
    Motto - 'Incarceration for your nation.'
    Logo -

Aesthetic - Minimalistic, some might say totalitarian, Ultrasafe doesn't muck around, it gets to the point.
    Colors - Purples, and some monocrome

And now, a word from CEO Chuck Gameway, about why you should give us money

"Citizens, did you know that in your average life time, 9/10 of you will become a victim of a crime? it's true! And that leaves one in ten of you will have committed a crime, shame on you."

"But thankfully for all you unrepentant soon to be criminals, all is not lost for we have the solution"

"Here at our correctional facilities we can turn even the most unrepentant litterer and rabble rouser into a functional member of the society of your choice, with out patented rehabilitation chambers, and friendly staff members. We have, on average turned out 80% of our inmates from our correctional facilities, changed men (or women) and the other 20% is kept far away from you and your family. But perhaps you are unconvinced of our accreditation, do not worry, we have shown ourselves capable of containing even the more special kind of criminals we have helped apprehend and kept apprehended over the past few years.

"You may be interested in some of our 'greatest hits' such as The Butcher of Vildon V and his unhelpful habit of collecting kidneys and other such organs from over 30 slaughterhouse workers over a period of 4 months, or Screaming Doctor Howler and his flesh to jelly machine, a very strange man and responsible for at least one unnatural disaster. And he was also evading tax whilst he we doing his illegal and inhumane experiments, all these people and more could be at large right now across the galaxy, where it not for the timely intervention and prudent containing of our well trained staff and merciless shock troopers on the ground."

"But if you are still not convinced, then we will be happy to show you, a live demonstration!"

This is a man called Karaz Volkov Kalashinovovich, and just a few hours ago, whilst we were transporting him to one our or many available holding blocks across the galaxy near you; broke out of his restraining garment with his bare hands, ate the nose off of one of the guards, and hijacked a ground transport to make his get away. And worst of all he has somehow acquired some illicit unlicensed alcohol and is driving drunk very far past the galactic speed limit, and alcohol limit, I would say I am shocked at such depravity but I am really not.

He is as we speak making landfall on a planet in an attempt to get away from the proper justice he is rightfully deserving, it's just to his rather unfortunate luck that this place happens to be the staging ground for the Sundown Run. Well I'm not one to pass up on an opportunity such as this, I have entered this man into the competition, you will be able to witness first hand both the sturdy and robust nature of all our prison vehicles, and the deranged psychopaths who through the toil of our staff we help keep off of the streets and out of your home for a mere pittance from your local government. You can watch as this creature this deranged and unpleasant man who probably has never worked an honest day's work in his life rampages over these innocent corporate sponsored racers, oh the humanity! Oh the soaring costs! OH THE FANTASTIC OPPORTUNTIES AVAILABLE FOR YOU FOR ONLY A LUMP SUM EVERY MONTH!!

Stay safe, and remember, we supply Incarceration, for your nation."

Ultrasafe is not in any way responsible for any rampaging prison riots, loss of property, limbs and life that may occur from an unforseen failure in the system, be oblidged that once you are incarcerated your citizenship to your planet is temporarily revoked. Have a nice day

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 30, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Giovanni sighed almost unnoticeably. The kid had almost redeemed himself at the end there. If only he had not failed to properly utilize his revectorizer. Alas.

"Colleagues."

"Many of us here at the Run endeavor to show our stuff, show what we are capable of, gain visibility for our goods. Now, I personally feel that this Run has not been quite bloody enough for that to happen. I mean, this is the first checkpoint already and only two racers have perished. In order to give the audience a proper image of our full product lines, the average life cycle of your common racer has to be cut down.

"I suggest we encourage this by forming a collective fund to give extra rewards for takedowns after a certain time has passed without one."

"I suspect the audience would love the extra blood as well."

My rule suggestion is simple. Takedowns earn extra points for each round without one happening. Simple. Good. Hopefully murder encouraging.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

character sheet
HP: 11

The cockpit of Destructo Mechano was a litany of curses and grumbling. Sure, his neat trick had worked, but the missiles hardly scratche his true target and he wasn't even responsible from the takedown that did happen.

Everyone was racing ahead of him, he knew he would never catch up. His targeting antenna was broken, his armour was riddled with holes. He tried not to gaze at the dial representing his favour with company shareholders. Only the sudden windfall of check-points had kept it from pummelling into the reds.

His hand hovered over n array of locked out buttons for a moment, hesitating as to what to do. He was reasonably sure he could hit a stationary target, even with the algorithms on the fry, and there was at least one place in front of him he was sure someone would try to get to. Let's see how their fancy dodging, superior mobility and winning smiles take this unplanned for setback!

LRM - All out attack!: 1d20+2 = 8
LRM - All out attack!: 1d20+2 = 13

[All out attacking the Garages with Long Range Missile rolls of 8 and 13]

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Arcturus Celestial Development would like to propose a change, following this new checkpoint. Despite the advertised competitiveness of this Sundown Run, there have been a remarkably low number of conflicts between racers. As is, Shilling is a far more profitable action if a corporation wishes to gain the favor of the viewers.

As such, we propose:

The Shill Reduction Program.
1: A shill roll of 10 or less gains the racer No Points.
2: The maximum number of Points a racer can get by Shilling is 3. (Criticals may be an exception)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Kyyp posted:

The Shill Reduction Program.
1: A shill roll of 10 or less gains the racer No Points.
2: The maximum number of Points a racer can get by Shilling is 3. (Criticals may be an exception)

"A most excellent proposition from Arcturus! The Academy of Titan votes Yes on this initiative. It ought to play hand in hand with our own initiative as well..."

"...Hmm, Margaret. Think of a catchy name for our own plan."

"Sorry, Professor. I have nothing."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Theantero posted:

"I suggest we encourage this by forming a collective fund to give extra rewards for takedowns after a certain time has passed without one."

"I suspect the audience would love the extra blood as well."

"...Hmm, Margaret. Think of a catchy name for our own plan."

"Sorry, Professor. I have nothing."

"¡GEN! endorses this plan, lending it the use of it's trademarked product name "Deathklok" (certified GENuine brand Music Entertainment Group, buy tickets today!)"

Suddenly, the betting hall was fraught with rumour. Apparently one of the racers had sent out a secret broadcast, only now reaching the domain of RAMAs space station.
An open mercenary contract, from none other than Gruff Mann himself. Strapped for points, he pledges the considerable firepower of DESTRUCTO MECHANO to the whims of any corporation willing to donate to his cause. First come, first serve, the contract stipulates the destruction of a racer of your choice!*

*destruction not guaranteed, but he will give it a good go!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
EDIT 3: Special changed from 1d10 to 2d6, gained a new part.

Name - Karaz Volkov Kalashinovovich and the Taurus Transport Mk. 2
Species - Human
Stats -
2 Health - Ultrasafe builds it's transport vehicles with the upmost care in terms of durability
1 Mobility - Without much consideration for it's turn of speed.
2 Armor - It's a design philosophy that has caused many traffic jams, but allowed vehicles to resist most attempts to crack them
1 Attack - This would be higher, but the pilot is right now extremely drunk. All the aiming is as a result, being done by the on board computers, mostly.

Weapons -

Twin Mounted Crowd Dispersers +2 | No Status | Inaccurate1, Gets Hot!2 - Standard issue weapon mount attached to any transport vehicle, it is normally only loaded with rubber bullets. This one is not and was intended to be used later in a very uncooperative prison riot. After all they can't riot if they are taking cover.

Special Mix Moonshine +3 | DT 4 - Burning | Only Attack Adjacent, Every Other Round, Whoops!3 - Non-Standard Issue Moonshine, where does he even get this stuff? It strips the paint off of metal work and burns like rocket fuel and yet he just drinks it like it's water. And occasionally just flings out of the hatch at nearby racers, nothing slows you done quite like a out of control fire after all.

Skills -

Slapdash Engineering - Karaz subscribes to the 'Duct Tape and Ignore' school of engineering, good for short term solutions to current problems. Not much good for long term maintenance.

Bulldoze - You're driving an APC and you are so drunk you can barely see where you are going but your vehicle mostly drives itself. You're drat right you can just bulldoze through most things.

Special -

Military-Grade Duct Tape - Every Taurus comes with as standard a roller fitted with a composite fibresteel substance, one side of which is covered with an extra strength adhesive that can be easily and rapidly applied via the roller to holes in the transport. It's supposed to be temporary fix of last resort if the supplied toolbox cannot fix the problem, or in this case the first, last and only method resorted to outside of just ignoring it until it goes away.

>Add 2d6 temporary hit points to the vehicle, which will fade off the turn after next.

Parts -

Not.Now.Later | Passive | Attacks hit you one turn later then they should.
Protective.Scaffold | Passive | Heal 1d4 HP while using Defend.

Red.Paint | Passive | +1 Mobility

AI Action -

Attack! Attack! Attack anyone who actually meets the criteria of his weapons. Otherwise defend! Defend!

---

Points -
Racer: 6
Corp: 0

Reserved Parts -

SMOOTHBORE Weapon.Hardpoint | Utility | Passive | Additional weapon, with pre-loaded restriction (-5 to Shilling this round)

1. Attacks cumulatively deal half damage for every position beyond adjacent the target is away from you rounded down.
2. The chance of a critical fail increases every-time this weapon is fired, starting at 3 and increasing by 3 for each use. When this weapon fails, it is disabled for a full turn and the penalty is reset.
3. If you critically fail with this weapon, re-roll the damage and hit yourself with it.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 28, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"¡GEN! endorses this plan, lending it the use of it's trademarked product name "Deathklok" (certified GENuine brand Music Entertainment Group, buy tickets today!)"

Corp Points: 9

Giovanni cracked a smile.

"Very well then. Deathklok Initiative it shall be!"

Giovanni raises his champagne glass slightly, and takes a sip.

"Just to reiterate: The Academy of Titan wishes for both the Deathklok Initiative and the Shill Reduction Program to be instituted."

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

EDIT: Nevermind!

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 1, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"It is good we have managed to reach a bit of solidarity on this issue."

"However, there is still one thing I wish to announce, and I do apologize for taking so much of you good people's time."

"As an institute of higher learning, the Academy of Titan is willing to grant considerable rewards for raw research data directed to any of its notable departments."

Listen up, racers! Want free points? This is how the Academy dispenses its. You will have to fluff one of your actions as some sort of experiment, preferably with accompanied technobabble, and direct it to some Academy department. It can be one of the two departments I've already named, but you can invent one of your own if you'd like. After all, the Academy is a moon sized institution so there is bound to be room even for fringe areas of study. Now, I do not care what you're actually doing mechanically so you don't have to change your actions or anything. Only the fluff matters here. I'll pick the one I like best, or maybe roll a die if I'm lazy (I will most likely be lazy).

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Crispy Creek Biotechnology Services

Knight Crawler
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3751594&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post452761248
  • HP: 18/18
  • Health:2
  • Mobility: 2
  • Armor: 1
  • Attack: 0
  • Parts: Photo.Synthesis
  • Cooldown: 2

Knight Crawler searches for some creatures to analyze in his bioprocessor organ, while also keeping one antenna out for a garage in case he stumbles across one. But most of the critters hear him plowing through the bushes from a mile away and burrow out of sight.

[1. Mobility: 20]
[2. Scurrying(skill): 10]

Meanwhile, Mr. DNA stars in Crispy Creek's first major advertisement during the race – an informative segment on paleo-genetics to be run in key time slots during every broadcast of the Sundown Run in this quadrant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUaFYzFFbBU
(-15 points, +1 to points gained)

Hey, you learned something today! By the way, I've just been informed that the Crispy Creek directors voted in favor of the Deathklok Initiative – something about dramatic tension bringing in more viewers.

HBar fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 2, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We here at the Ahistorical society are foremost at bringing the ancient debates to your satisfaction. Would Joe Biden want to enter this race? Hell yeah he would. Would do well though? Let's find out!

Fwd: Anachronistic Debate Team, Academy of Titan

Looks like we'd need to spruce up the old Transam and bring Diamond Joe up to speed on the future before launching him out the door.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Theantero posted:

Shill Reduction Program

[[...]]
[[CHOOSE A SINGLE ONE, FOR NOW]]
[[...]]
[[WE SHALL IMPLEMENT THE WINNER]]

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

HBar posted:

Meanwhile, Mr. DNA stars in Crispy Creek's first major advertisement during the race – an informative segment on paleo-genetics to be run in key time slots during every broadcast of the Sundown Run in this quadrant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUaFYzFFbBU
(-15 points, +1 to points gained)

Just a heads-up, but you cannot use the points your racer got to advertise. You have to unload those points first, either at a Garage (but if you do, you cannot Explode it) or wait until your racer dies.

Refer to this post for details.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 1, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Smartees, Ink
HP: 14 - 8 = 6
Mobility: 1
Armor: 2
Attack: 1

"Mason hurt bed! Mason.. onlee prawn in game of life." Mason immediately pulls out the emergency first aid kit from under the drivers seat as he zooms along!

Well, if you consider a bottle of Heaven Hill emergency first aid. Certainly not the other drivers, but Mason is only (sub) human! Mason chugs the cheap whiskey and keeps driving along, hollering at some varmints to get outta his way!

The Masons at Smartees, Ink, while concerned for their driver, had other pressing obligations:

Actions:
Drunken Healing: 1d20+5 17
Megaphone: 1d20+1 17

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

dog kisser posted:

[[...]]
[[CHOOSE A SINGLE ONE, FOR NOW]]
[[...]]
[[WE SHALL IMPLEMENT THE WINNER]]

Giovanni bit his lip slightly.

"Well, if the Ten so do decree."

"The Academy will actually go with the Shill Reduction Program for now in lieu of its own suggestion, for it is my belief it will better serve our intent."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Suddenly, the betting hall was fraught with rumour. Apparently one of the racers had sent out a secret broadcast, only now reaching the domain of RAMAs space station.
An open mercenary contract, from none other than Gruff Mann himself. Strapped for points, he pledges the considerable firepower of DESTRUCTO MECHANO to the whims of any corporation willing to donate to his cause. First come, first serve, the contract stipulates the destruction of a racer of your choice!*

Haglund picked up his datapad, authorizing the release of 1 point to GEN. He had also quite a big fan of Gruff Mann, having seen him in other things, and the chance to hire him was too good to pass up. Scottie sent him a message, "Target that damned monkey. Make it flashy."

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mason's random effect table for his special is updated!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVdV047jciaMV914QoiFCA3fM7VaCzpvI8qBuvB_G98/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1

And yes, option 4 means that this special can be very interesting in that a random driver may get Mason's special action instead of him! Which can be very good or bad for that racer.

Let's be honest these are bad for everyone :v:

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Character Creation - Corp
    Company Name - TEAM | sky
    Motto - The line between winning and losing
    Logo -

Aesthetic - Aerodynamic, Lightweight, High Tech
    Colors - Black, blue, white lettering and highlights.

Character Creation - Racer
    Name - Lance ALLstrong
    Species - Cyborg

Stats -
    ___ Health - 0
    ___ Mobility - 3
    ___ Armor - 1
    ___ Attack - 1
    Description - Still based on the timeless classic, this updated version has a few upgrades.

Weapons -
    [Needle Dump (+1) - Status: Damage Mobility - Restriction: Only Attack Behind - DT: 4]
    [Mini Rockets (+1) - Restriction: Only Attack Forward]

Skills - Superhuman Endurance, Evade
    Special - Steroid Injectors - ALLstrong's built in steroid injection system activates, granting a temporary +5 mobility and performing an automatic needle dump attack.
    Parts - After.Burn
    AI Action - Sufferfest - pure mobility rolls

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Theantero posted:

Just a heads-up, but you cannot use the points your racer got to advertise. You have to unload those points first, either at a Garage (but if you do, you cannot Explode it) or wait until your racer dies.
(Whoops, somehow I thought the checkpoint also banked them. Post updated.)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

A vote to change the rule?
Yes, sir. People is already complaining about points.
I can see their point about points being pointlessly plentiful.
And racer not dying fast enough!
This feel like a bad time to ask for these kind of vote.
Why's that?
It would benefit those who can't get in yet to vote for the Deathklok.
That's us!
And we built a shill racer that gonna fall behind in points because other get to shill first.
The world is unfair.
in fact, anyone that's currently on the race would want to pick the shill reduction so they are less likely to die and new racer will get less point total than them.
Th-this is a conspiracy!
Nothing we can do about it but vote Deathklok.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

For the time being, this is going to be an angel corp. I'll consider making a racer later.

Company Name - Oppenheimer Life Insurance
Motto - To protect your family for half-lives to come
Logo -
Aesthetic - Edgy and post-modern
Colors - Neon green and blue

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 5, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"My. It seems we have gotten word from our very own Anachronistic Debate Team back at Titan. The data provided by the Ahistorical Preenactment Society's racer's... unique... entrance has apparently cast doubt into the long accepted theoretical limits of Gaffe Maximums by Political Entities. The debate is fierce, and several theses will most likely be written on this very subject."

"For this deed in service of greater understanding, The Academy of Titan gifts its point to Ahistorical Preenactment Society.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

BLAMMO!! Incorporated

Points - 14
Parts - Red.Paint

[Health - 0] 7/10 HP
[Mobility - 2] (+1 from Red.Paint)
[Armor - 1]
[Attack - 3]

Again, screw those garages! Pull in the lead and start vaporizing faces! Heck, I'll even support plan deathclock to make things more interesting!

http://orokos.com/roll/348978 (2 mobility rolls, 2#1d20+2=20,14)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[[...]]
[[CONSENSUS HAS BEEN REACHED]]
[[...]]
[[HENCEFORTH, THE 'DEATHKLOK INITIATIVE' IS ACTIVE FOR THIS SUNDOWN RUN]]
[[...]]
[ENJOY THE FESTIVITIES, HONORED GUESTS - WHY NOT TRY THE ARCTURAN SPIKLOSH; YUMQUIK GIFTS IT TO US ALONG WITH THEIR REGARDS]]

(The Deathklok Initative is described as follows: Each round without a Takedown, the Point bounty for a kill increases by 1. Next Checkpoint, we'll select another Initiative and vote on whether or not to continue with Deathklok.

Update coming soon.)

• Locked thread