Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

haha, very nice! my wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Recently watched the best episode of Fawlty Towers again recently, The one about the germans. A concussed John Cleese trying to politely avoid mentioning the war to his German guests and completely failing to do so, still cracks me the hell up.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I'm that guy AMA

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
One of my relatives was the monty python/rocky horror guy.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

genesplicer posted:

I graduated from high school 35 years ago, so I guess I get a pass on quoting Python. Of course, we saw "Life of Brian" in the theater, so "He's a very naughty boy!" was the funniest thing you could say in class after that.

oh man you have a new av

and

it

is

perfect dude

that is a character befitting a moderator who may or may not be mister wizard in the (electronic) flesh

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
for every 100minutes of monty python there was like 1 parsec of funny stuff

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WBCsiCqIAs

yup, Cleese is still funny.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

for every 100minutes of monty python there was like 1 parsec of funny stuff

parsec is a unit of length there champ

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
watching space ghost now thanks to this thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Gillman posted:

it's also multiple light years in length so that's a lot of funny stuff in 100 minutes

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Gillman posted:

er its a 'part second'.hence parsec.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Did any of you have one that turned into a Lebowski Guy later on, like maybe in college? I met a few Lebowski guys and it was awful, because they took this thing that I rather liked and made it insufferable

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

watching space ghost now thanks to this thread

good man

Space Ghost Coast to Coast posted:

(Moltar is asleep on control room floor as pod gets closer to him; rest of group is falling asleep as pods close in. Zorak catches himself and suddenly wakes up, followed by Moltar, Space Ghost and then Wright)

Zorak: (coughing) We should take turns sleeping. You go first.

Space Ghost: You'll wake me up if the pod starts to replicate me, right?

Zorak: Probably not.

Space Ghost: Listen to me. We're not gonna live through this unless we all put aside our differences and band together as Friends.

(Moltar flips switch as Zorak starts playing lullaby)

Space Ghost: You see, that's exactly what I'm talking about. (blasts Zorak)

Steven Wright: I might need another coffee.

Space Ghost: Good idea! We'll go get some coffee. You stay here, try to live. If anything bad happens...to you...well, we'll be getting coffee!

Steven Wright: (laughs) Father! You are my hero!

Space Ghost: Yeah. Thanks!

(Space Ghost, Moltar and Zorak leave for commissary, followed closely by pods)

Steven Wright: (staring at pod) Are, you're not human are you? (pod starts to open) Y..you should get that checked. Or I admire it. I don't know the reaction you want! I, I fear you! (pod moves closer) You're gonna kill me! (laughs)

(Space Ghost, Zorak and Moltar sit in commissary, surrounded by pods. Screaming from the studio can be heard. No one says a word as the screaming goes on and on.)

Moltar: So, uh... (screaming from studio) Um, see I wor- (screaming from studio). This may... (short scream). This... (short scream). Nothin' (longer scream)

(Screaming subsides)

Space Ghost: I have an idea.

Saturday
2:04 a.M.

(A mop bucket with a hand-drawn Space Ghost mask and cape rolls onto the empty set)

Space Ghost: (as if talking to a dog) There goes Space Ghost! Go get him! Go get Space Ghost! He's gettin' away! Ooh, Space Ghost's gettin' away! Bad Space Ghost! Go get Space Ghost now! He's gettin' away! Ooh da, bad Space Ghost! Look at him! Look at him, he's gettin' away with his cape flyin' and everything! Go get Space Ghost!

Moltar: (Sigh.) They're not buyin' it.

Space Ghost: They're not buying it because you messed it up!

Moltar: What? I was just trying to-

Space Ghost: I've got it! We'll get the Blob to kill the pods!

Moltar: How we gonna do that?

Space Ghost: (at exit door) Hey, uh, Blob. You, uh, heard all the stuff the pods have been saying about your mother? (laughs) People are laughin', man. (pause) So, uh, you wanna come in here? And kill the pods? 'Cause of what they said? About your Mother?

(Noises from Blob)

Space Ghost: I'm sorry. I, I had no idea. What's that, pods? The Blob is very fat?!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Orkin Mang posted:

er its a 'part second'.hence parsec.

no its not

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
hahaha i sucked that guys dick lol

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

It's a pity that Clease has/is turning into a grumpy racist old poo poo as he ages

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Did any of you have one that turned into a Lebowski Guy later on, like maybe in college? I met a few Lebowski guys and it was awful, because they took this thing that I rather liked and made it insufferable

I am unironically like lebowski but I didn't do it on purpose. I was already that kind of guy before the movie came out and I didn't see it until 2010. I like to think I am not the insufferable kind but who knows.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Pound_Coin posted:

It's a pity that Clease has/is turning into a grumpy racist old poo poo as he ages

but he's still hilarious

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM BAKED BEANS AND SPAM

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

It was me. I'm the guy from the OP who quoted the Monty Python.

My tormentor was the guy who wouldn't stop quoting Adam Sandler standup. gently caress ME IN DA GOAT rear end!

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Pththya-lyi posted:

Sort of. IIRC it was the last day before Christmas break and we'd already finished our midterms, so why give us more work at that point?

why give you more work? loving millenials

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I used to know a guy in high school that used to always quote Beavis and Butt-Head. He was an obnoxious little poo poo.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Remember the guy who would sing Adam Sandler's lunch lady song over and over?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the bird is deceased, OP it is no more. may the fleas of 1000 camels fart in your general direction

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
he also drank a lot of dr. pepper and was really into kill bill and anime

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gibberish posted:

he also drank a lot of dr. pepper and was really into kill bill and anime

more like mr. bill and dungeons and dragons

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
Life of Brian = better than Holy Grail just because way fewer obnoxious thespian/spergy weeaboo assholes quoted it. I don't think anyone I went to high school with that I talked to about python tier crap even knew LoB.

Biggus Dickus and nose city man, come the gently caress on. It's beautiful.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

sgc2c was revolutionary television and the best seasons of that show hold up incredibly well. i particularly enjoy the late pre- adult swim seasons when they had to be sly to get past censors.

they had an episode where the first 5 minutes was a black screen that said "waiting," an episode where space ghost follows an ant for 10 full minutes, and an episode that repeated 3 times in a row. airing at 11pm on Cartoon Network, then best known for reruns of Tom and Jerry.

i came so hard to the ant episode

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

Life of Brian = better than Holy Grail just because way fewer obnoxious thespian/spergy weeaboo assholes quoted it. I don't think anyone I went to high school with that I talked to about python tier crap even knew LoB.

Biggus Dickus and nose city man, come the gently caress on. It's beautiful.

OH gently caress OFF

In hind sight, that scene is very much like modern day D&D.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Discuss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ni559bHXDg

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Only redeeming quality about Monty Python Guy is that he only ever saw the Holy Grail because it's magic fantasy medieval stuff and none of the other movies were ever appealing or made sense to him. So not all of Python's work was tainted and thankfully Holy Grail is probably their worst movie.

Lebowski guy in college gets a pass because he would just quote the gently caress out of John Goodman getting pissed at Donnie and you really cannot wear that out.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Cartouche posted:

OH gently caress OFF

In hind sight, that scene is very much like modern day D&D.

that's actually a really good clip to show/post all over sjw nonsense to get the rage flowing

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Pretty sure I was the Monty Python guy :(:(

We are the knights who say Ni!

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

John Yossarian posted:

I used to know a guy in high school that used to always quote Beavis and Butt-Head. He was an obnoxious little poo poo.

same, except I was in hs, the guy was around 30 and worked at best buy with me

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
There is a guy at my work who says Monty Python is the peak of comedy and no tv show or movie produced in the US could ever touch British Comedy. What makes this great is that he has only seen Holy Grail and fucks up every single quote.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Jukeboxblues posted:

There is a guy at my work who says Monty Python is the peak of comedy and no tv show or movie produced in the US could ever touch British Comedy. What makes this great is that he has only seen Holy Grail and fucks up every single quote.

introduce him to peep show. every time you go on break he'll tell you he's going to have a nice relaxing smoke of crack

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Horniest Manticore posted:

introduce him to peep show. every time you go on break he'll tell you he's going to have a nice relaxing smoke of crack

To be honest I try to avoid him as much as humanly possible but I will bring it up next time he talks at me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Avalanche posted:

Lebowski guy in college gets a pass because he would just quote the gently caress out of John Goodman getting pissed at Donnie and you really cannot wear that out.
i just realized i am Lebowski Guy :smith:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
"Thus quoth the Spaceball, nevermore"

*enters highschool cafeteria with an AR-15, sixteen clips, a glock, and five pipe bombs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

symbolic posted:

i just realized i am Lebowski Guy :smith:

congratulations on being a basic bitch

• Locked thread