Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

looking dreamy :swoon:

But I'm a Yank... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

But I'm a Yank... :negative:

p sure Maine is part of canada now :toot:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

p sure Maine is part of canada now :toot:

Nah, we fought a war about that. It was serious! A cow died!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aroostook_War

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Proper player list and votefinder image is now edited into the first post, along with standard Mafia rules which I hadn't bothered to mention yet. To recap:

Standard Mafia rules apply:

* No editing your posts, EVER! Just make a new post if you need to correct something.
* No discussing this game outside the thread, unless your role specifically allows it.
* No faking up mod communication, which includes direct quotes of your role PM. Paraphrasing is okay.
* No toxxes, truth or dare, encryption, or anything else which goes against the spirit of Mafia.
* This game is role madness, but there are no millers and no jesters cause gently caress that.
* This game is playing to hammer! Standard majority lynch rules.
* Please don't purposely post after hammer, or after deadline runs out. The thread may not close right away if modbabby is hungry! Use the honor system!

:pcgaming: PLUS: SPECIAL RULES WORTH NOTING FOR THIS GAME :pcgaming:

* You must have PMs to sign up for this game. Make sure you clear out some space if your inbox is getting full.
* Always check your PMs before making your first post of the day. Failure to do so could get you unwittingly modkilled! A Stand power may have afflicted you with a special condition or challenge during the night.
* A note on action results:
"Successful" means your action was performed without being blocked in any way. It does not guarantee that anything useful happened because of this. (example, if you are a doctor, "success" does not mean that anyone actually tried to kill your target.)
"Unsuccessful" means you have been blocked in some fashion. (example: if you are a vigilante or scum nightkiller, you may have been roleblocked, or your target may have been protected instead)
"Ineffective" is a new special result you may receive in this game. Some characters will be inherently (or temporarily) immune to certain special effects by their very nature. "Ineffective" means you didn't even have to get blocked for it to fail.

Plot stuff has been bumped to the second post.

DAY 1 SCHEDULE: 48-hour day and 24-hour night. Will switch to 36-hour days with 12-hour night once I get in the swing of things with night actions. May speed up even faster as endgame approaches.

Proposed thread opening time is: 11 AM Brisbane time (to be confirmed after having some downtime for Night Zero)
Votefinder is the word of DIO in this game, check it to make sure you have the right deadline regardless of timezone!

PM's will still take a while to get all sent out, but I'm gonna start drawing cards now to see who gets what. Please note that I'm not going to try and WIFOM myself on how to best relate people's alignments to the tarot readings I gave you guys just for fun. The cards I randomly draw now will be the final word on who is town and who is scum. If I think someone needs a role adjustment (like not giving a newbie player the most complicated-rear end roles), I will trade within the same alignment only.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yes. Haha yes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When am I allowed to vote for Anidav?

Is it now?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PM's are taking a while cause Minifauxnen wants to crawl and climb all over everything demanding lots of attention. :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Update: Only about halfway through PM's due to unhappy babby. :( Now that she's peacefully asleep, I'm gonna lock the thread and re-open it once I've powered through the rest and got everything sent out. Please post then to confirm that you've received your PM okay, and PM me back if you have any questions!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The year is 1987. Walk Like An Egyptian is topping the charts. And some years ago, the vampire DIO's coffin was salvaged from the depths of the sea. After a century of sleep, DIO was not quite ready to take on humanity again. He realized that he would need to eliminate the Joestar bloodline once and for all, if he was ever going to rule unchallenged.

The Joestars and their allies were supposed to have a long and arduous journey ahead of them to stop DIO. Their flight out of Japan was supposed to be sabotaged, forcing them to choose slower and more secret forms of transport. But the Tower of Grey Stand user...

...didn't have his alarm go off!

After a brief layover in Hong Kong, (where the crew recruited Polnareff), they have now done a sequence break to go straight to Cairo, Egypt! DIO is not pleased. He's been forced to call in all his servants who were scattered across the globe. Not only are they unprepared on short notice, they are all shady characters who do not work well together. To reveal the secret of your Stand is to make yourself vulnerable. Most of them don't even know who DIO's other servants are. Joseph Joestar and his good friend Avdol decided to take full advantage of this chaos with a cunning scheme.

Combining Joseph's Stand, Hermit Purple, and Avdol's wide knowledge of Stands and the Tarot, they have determined which servants of DIO have not made it to Egypt yet, or those in Egypt who are otherwise indisposed. They will attempt to pose as fellow followers of DIO, and claim those names if pressed.

Will the DIO-aligned town tear itself apart in their frenzy to kill the Joestars? Or will they succeed in pleasing their master?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo4tkuShNrw

Day 1 is now open! The day is long, please take some time to get to know your Stands.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Brick Dust Otis (0): Seagull, Seagull

Not Voting (23): Anidav, Asphyxious, Beetphyxious, Birdstrike, black_tangled, Brick Dust Otis, EXAKT Science, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, HiipFire, iajanus, imgay, Infinitum, Kashuno, Mithranderp, MysticalMachineGun, Seagull, SirSamVimes, Small Keating, The Lord of Hats, Those On My Left, tithin, Zetsubou-san

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 29th, 2015 at 11 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
TIME TO ROCK'N'ROLL

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
My stand is pretty useless but maybe useful later idk

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

TIME TO ROCK'N'ROLL

##vote birb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait so the Jojo guys are the mafia? How does that work?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

oooh I do like a nice long day one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

oooh I do like a nice long one

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
JoJo is extraordinarily gay

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Infinitum posted:

There's less of them.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EXAKT Science posted:

JoJo is extraordinarily gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vge-nnJleMk

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Oh hey Exakt, your cow war has nothing on the shame of our emu war.

Infinitum posted:

It's just like I said!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kashuno posted:

My stand is pretty useless but maybe useful later idk

Oh uh okay well uhh ##vote Kashuno

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That was a good game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Confirming! My stand is... interesting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am here too. Let us snake rattle and roll to victory, true believers.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My stands called star platinum, its a wierd one

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

That was a good game.

I think the lesson here is always listen to the beet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

So in other words I think you should all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

:parrot:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYn_PI_INc4

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Beetphyxious posted:

So in other words I think you should all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE

ugh don't listen to that unwashed neanderthal, instead you all should https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

jesus christ anime why

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

ugh don't listen to that unwashed neanderthal, instead you all should [video type="youtu"]4B2a6l6wM2k[/video]

lol scrub

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

oh wait mafia lol

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

edited my post call the fuckin cops I don't give a gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Beetphyxious posted:

Didn't even go for the "Just Beet it" pun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

edited my post call the fuckin cops I don't give a gently caress

Mod kill this newb

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol and you went back and put it back, what?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Beetphyxious posted:

Lol and you went back and put it back, what?

uh no I didn't

Asphyxious posted:

ugh don't listen to that unwashed neanderthal, instead you all should https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It's my first day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So how do I vote to ban Asphyxious forever?

• Locked thread