Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
i love terrible games!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/logghibarogghi/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Joe Man posted:

No you didn't

Yes I did:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I feel like I look forward more to the various gifs/videos/music that gets generated at sale time than the actual sale itself :allears:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

I got you, fam.

I realize with disabling the early access products it's 99% redundant but you should have also included the "survival" tag.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Cowman posted:

Yes I did:

Thanks for confirming. Good to know someone got something out of it. The other crap games in your lists are the ones I got.

VVV Good Plan! VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 23, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Kragger99 posted:

Thanks for confirming. Good to know someone got something out of it. The other crap games in your lists are the ones I got.

Yea I got obscenely lucky and usually I get the terrible games. First time I've gotten something good from one of those mystery boxes and I got it twice :v:

I'm holding onto the second key to trade for something during the sale. Dunno what but I figure it's worth something.

I also just wanted to brag about my luck

jesus christ I think GMG loves me because I just got a GOG key for Witcher 3 from the 5 pack mystery bundle. Another one for the trade pile.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 23, 2016

BritneysThong
Feb 15, 2012
Anybody know anything about City of Chains? I got it from the GMG one pack, and it seems like it might not be terrible.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
corn likes city of chains. an a+ review

quote:

If you ever wanted to play Deus Ex in th form of a four-hour-long rpg maker game then buddy do I have good news for you

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Goon Too Lazy To Stop made this masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiMYH9bHcY

Whatever the gently caress this is, is good too so I'm including it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IX8aMiCJQ0

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thanks, Jordan7hm!

Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars is terrible, but in a fun, shlocky kind of way. I traded some fish for a new shield device with some alien birdfolk, then splatted myself on some weird aliens who spammed smaller ships at me. :rip: It's a roguelike, alright, and I'm going to go see how my next ship dies.

I'm really curious about this game because I dearly loved Weird Worlds in Infinite Space which was the second game in the series. Weird Worlds was kinda like Star Control 2 mixed with FTL and the story line from StarFlight so why is Infinite Space III terrible?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

RVWinkle posted:

I'm really curious about this game because I dearly loved Weird Worlds in Infinite Space which was the second game in the series. Weird Worlds was kinda like Star Control 2 mixed with FTL and the story line from StarFlight so why is Infinite Space III terrible?

Okay! Keeping in mind that I adore Star Control 2 and love/hate FTL, but haven't tried Weird Worlds yet...here's a more detailed review of Infinite Space III, going off of my two games in it so far. (Combined, they took roughly half an hour.)

First of all, the interface and styling all scream jank, and possible tablet/mobile game - you have big buttons, you click on them to open up their menus, and you have to click on them again to make them close. It works, but it's lacking in, oh - hovering over the items to see if they're better than what I've got, or simply right-clicking to close them.

For example:

I've just obtained that Conograph. I'll have to left click on it to close its description. My inventory to the right shows me colorful icons but no information. The trader's inventory at the bottom is the same. So, it's functional, but it lacks polish.

For most of the game you're either trading or clicking on other planets to travel to them in order to find new events or aliens or trade hubs. It's simple, but fun. I like some of the alien designs, and the art's neat.....but it feels shallow? I don't know, I don't want to be unfair - there are a decent plethora of events and weird planets to look at, but it's entirely menu-based. Here's an event for example:

So that's all functional....but combat. Hooboy, combat. Combat doesn't look great. It doesn't feel great. It needs work. You run into a ship, you drag your ship's icon onto the board, and then drag them around while they automatically fire at the enemy. Death comes VERY quickly if you're outmatched, and there's no way to tell if you're outmatched until you're dead. There's the potential for something good here - you can have multiple ships brought in, there are items you can activate in combat, it shows you the firing arc of your weapons so you can drag your ship around to keep the enemy in range - but it's again very simple.

Here are two screenshots, the only ones I took of combat: the first is a victory screen, but you can see the green arrows of where I'd told my ships to go. The second is my second death, and the red cones indicate the enemy's range.

So....yes. It feels a lot like a simple game, likely for mobile devices, and while it's charming enough, it's not polished. It's not quality. Hence the terrible adjective. I'm happy I got it for free, but I'm not sure I want Weird Worlds if it's anything like this?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Only thing I'm planning on getting this steam sale is witcher 3 and its expansion packs. honestly dont know what else to get

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
May buy some games, may not. May just watch twitch streamers spend thousand dollars on new visual novels tomorrow instead.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

I feel like I look forward more to the various gifs/videos/music that gets generated at sale time than the actual sale itself :allears:

I made those for the last sale (maybe 2 sales ago) - I should probably make one for tomorrow. I'm just not feeling the sale fever as much since dailies were removed so I haven't bothered yet.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Guy Mann posted:

I wish you could sort your library using tags the way that you can with the store.

Jordan7hm posted:

Holy poo poo yes this

steam depressurizer will do exactly this

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

StrixNebulosa posted:

So....yes. It feels a lot like a simple game, likely for mobile devices, and while it's charming enough, it's not polished. It's not quality. Hence the terrible adjective. I'm happy I got it for free, but I'm not sure I want Weird Worlds if it's anything like this?

Thanks for your review, it seems like a pretty accurate assessment. Digital Eel always had a low-rent aesthetic that was a bridge between modern indie and classic amateur indie. I guess it's more of a time capsule game where you can see a precursor to FTL and other pseudo rougelike games that are pretty popular now. There's specific design choices where items exist that may not have any functionality or a purpose that's obfuscated. I can appreciate the mystery but it doesn't fit well with modern game design.

I looked it up and while there's no mobile port at the moment, they designed it for future mobile support so that explains the strange interface and controls. Either way, I'll probably pass on it because some things don't need to be revisited.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

duckfarts posted:

steam depressurizer will do exactly this

It's annoying to use. I want the system to just let me sort that way without managing categories with a separate app.

Anyway Strix by all accounts infinite space 3 is not as good as weird worlds, which is an actually great game.

Too Lazy to Stop
Dec 27, 2012

ParTEA Hard!
Hahaha! Get it? It's a pun!
...oh I'm wasting my life.

PlushCow posted:

Goon Too Lazy To Stop made this masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiMYH9bHcY

Hey somebody remembered! I honestly love getting feedback from you guys.

I'd also like to thank Palpek (OP of last year's thread too) for adding the video to the OP last year, as that's how it got popular in the first place.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Joink posted:

May buy some games, may not. May just watch twitch streamers spend thousand dollars on new visual novels tomorrow instead.

Isn't Danganronpa considered a visual novel? That one's pretty high on my list this time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Only thing I'm planning on getting this steam sale is witcher 3 and its expansion packs. honestly dont know what else to get

Keep an eye on the Paradox games (EU 4, Cities:Skylines, Stellaris, HoI 4). 2 of them are pretty new so might not get much of a discount, but 10-20% off something like Stellaris is pretty awesome since the game is amazing.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Agent Escalus posted:

Isn't Danganronpa considered a visual novel? That one's pretty high on my list this time.

It's got a lot more gameplay than traditional visual novels, but pretty much, yeah.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

RVWinkle posted:

Thanks for your review, it seems like a pretty accurate assessment. Digital Eel always had a low-rent aesthetic that was a bridge between modern indie and classic amateur indie. I guess it's more of a time capsule game where you can see a precursor to FTL and other pseudo rougelike games that are pretty popular now. There's specific design choices where items exist that may not have any functionality or a purpose that's obfuscated. I can appreciate the mystery but it doesn't fit well with modern game design.

I looked it up and while there's no mobile port at the moment, they designed it for future mobile support so that explains the strange interface and controls. Either way, I'll probably pass on it because some things don't need to be revisited.

You're more than welcome! I'll probably revisit it a few more times, but it's exactly the kind of schlock that appeals to me.

Now, what I really need is a game like FTL but without the time limit or horrifying final boss. Or a Star Control 3!

Jordan7hm posted:

Anyway Strix by all accounts infinite space 3 is not as good as weird worlds, which is an actually great game.

Excellent! I'll keep it on the wishlist, and hey, if it goes on a deep enough discount for the sale I might just pick it up. :D

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Keep an eye on the Paradox games (EU 4, Cities:Skylines, Stellaris, HoI 4). 2 of them are pretty new so might not get much of a discount, but 10-20% off something like Stellaris is pretty awesome since the game is amazing.

I know HOI4 is really new but it's what I have my fingers crossed for.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

HOI4 released barely two weeks ago. It's not going to get a discount. Paradox doesn't ever discount brand new DLC in a big sale, let alone major releases. Mare Nostrum and Conclave are old enough to get 25%-50% at this point, I think.

Stellaris might get 10% since it was released on May 9, but I doubt that too.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I am starting a youtube channel where I smoke weed and play games on my work computer.

There's a poo poo ton of terrible anime games on my wishlist. Judging by their lowest sale prices most of them will only be a couple of bucks. This will forever be the summer of walking simulators and waifu trash.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Antti posted:

HOI4 released barely two weeks ago. It's not going to get a discount. Paradox doesn't ever discount brand new DLC in a big sale, let alone major releases. Mare Nostrum and Conclave are old enough to get 25%-50% at this point, I think.

Stellaris might get 10% since it was released on May 9, but I doubt that too.

That's a shame :(. This is the first summer sale I've really paid any attention to so I wasn't sure how old a game has to be to get a discount.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

To be fair the meltdown in the Paradox fanbase would be a sight to behold if they discounted HOI4 so soon and with a significant percentage. Kinda want to see it just for that.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Do you get summer sale cards from crafting badges yet?

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Gentlegoons, it is good to see you all again.
Let us do this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lock posted:

Gentlegoons, it is good to see you all again.
Let us do this.

For it is the eve of the Summer Sale, my dudes.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Too Lazy to Stop posted:

I'd also like to thank Palpek (OP of last year's thread too) for adding the video to the OP last year, as that's how it got popular in the first place.
I took it down for the winter sale because it's a strictly summer sale-themed video and forgot to put it back into the OP this time which I just corrected. Great work!

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Demicol posted:

Do you get summer sale cards from crafting badges yet?
Yes, you have been getting these cards for over a week now, meaning you are now also able to sell them.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Fart of Presto posted:

Yes, you have been getting these cards for over a week now, meaning you are now also able to sell them.

Slight correction: Crafting rewards aren't inherently unmarketable for a week. The market ban of the cards you use in crafting transfers to the crafting rewards.

So, if you have accumulated a bunch of cards in the course of spring and traded and bought them so that you have full sets of them now, you can use those in crafting and the summer cards and emotes and backgrounds are instantly marketable.

But if you bought cards let's say two days ago and craft them now, you still have to wait 5 days out of the full 7 day market ban before you can sell the summer cards and emotes and backgrounds.

The same market ban also extends to gems if you turn the cards or crafting rewards into gems.

Edit: And of course, using unmarketable gems when creating booster packs makes those packs and the cards inside them unmarketable for the defined period.

I have spent too much time with this poo poo. Send help (and more cards).

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 23, 2016

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Palpek posted:

I took it down for the winter sale because it's a strictly summer sale-themed video and forgot to put it back into the OP this time which I just corrected. Great work!

The videos are the best part of Steam sales.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Cowman posted:

Yes I did:

drat, I'm surprised as poo poo and sincere apologies for doubting ya. I thought all of GMG's terrible bundle key poo poo was the same stuff they had left over from last year.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Summer sale is great cause my birthday is on the 27th :smug:

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I got Black Ops from the GMG bundle. I've been blessed by the summer sale even on the eve. Praise Gaben.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

E: Best part. Also I missed the first link because I'm legit blind in the mornings.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I spend some time searching for "autogaben sale" every steam sale, and have to resort to checking my post history to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

EGSunBro posted:

I got Black Ops from the GMG bundle. I've been blessed by the summer sale even on the eve. Praise Gaben.
That's a fun one, cheesy as gently caress satire on Cold War conspiracy theories, maybe the one COD that isnt up its own rear end

• Locked thread