Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling
cute ghost hat. the cute ghost hat is on a slightly different kind of hat that i don't like as much because amazon gobbed up the order, but the stitches are cleaner because of practice.

posting smiling
and 1 week reminder til the deadline

FluffieDuckie

omg i want a hat so bad

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Piso Mojado

can't wait to hear fluffie duckies song!

FluffieDuckie

there is zero chance i will figure out how to operate my computing machine in that manner

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckula posted:

there is zero chance i will figure out how to operate my computing machine in that manner

i felt the same way. then I realized it's basically just like typing on a computer, but with your voice

FluffieDuckie

here's the thing. don't laugh. i don't have speakers on my computer. i use a headset bc my computer's in the middle of the house. so i can't play any of these music tracks in the background while i sing. so like i might be able to find music i can sing along with and i have a headset with a mic, but the music wouldn't get picked up by vocaroo.

i guess i COULD play background music on my phone but the awfulness of that sound combined with the awfulness of my voice is just too terrible for even byob

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckula posted:

here's the thing. don't laugh. i don't have speakers on my computer. i use a headset bc my computer's in the middle of the house. so i can't play any of these music tracks in the background while i sing. so like i might be able to find music i can sing along with and i have a headset with a mic, but the music wouldn't get picked up by vocaroo.

i guess i COULD play background music on my phone but the awfulness of that sound combined with the awfulness of my voice is just too terrible for even byob

I used a youtube video and speech to text thingy on two open windows on my computer and then recorded those coming out of my computer speaker with my memo thingy on my phone and it came out pretty bad but at least i participated and that's all that counts, right?

Piso Mojado

yeah I didn't even have a headset. I was just yelling into my laptop like a crazy person

Manifisto

FluffieDuckula posted:

you can record your voice while the music is playing through your headphones. once you're done recording, the vocal track can be easily combined with the music you were listening to. that's actually what I did (although I wouldn't actually call what I did "singing"). on the pc, Audacity is free and can record well enough, and on the mac I'm pretty sure Garage Band can record and is probably already installed. if you don't feel up to mixing the voice and music tracks, I'm positive someone would do that for you (including me if nobody who knows what they're doing steps up).

FluffieDuckie

ARRGGGGG

FluffieDuckie

look i drew for you guys when i couldn't draw. it was embarrassing and funny and we all had a good time

if i'm going to sing for you when i can't sing it's going to be that awful kind of hide under the desk kind of embarrassing and i may have to quit the forum

FluffieDuckie

that said i just spent what seems like an hour changing lyrics in prep to sing them.

so if this is the thing that drives me out of the forum i want want to say i told you so and my blood is on all your hands

FluffieDuckie

ok that one's not going to work. back to the drawing board

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
if you just do a rap then you don't have to sing, or maybe some spoken word like scalding gray

City of Glompton

good luck duckie.

I brought home my guitar from work where I've been ignoring it, and I am trying to figure out a song now.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

if you just do a rap then you don't have to sing, or maybe some spoken word like scalding gray

i don't think you realize how old i am

FluffieDuckie

i'm going to go spend some time on the household item costume contest. that's way more in my wheelhouse

Fredflonston

these are so good! I imagine donning one transforms the wearer into a "good vibes monarch" or something of the sort.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
it won't be embarrassing, it will be good and cool well thats my two cents anyway

FluffieDuckie

Ahundredbux posted:

it won't be embarrassing, it will be good and cool well thats my two cents anyway

so um, where is your entry?

social vegan

Ahundredbux posted:

City of Glompton

status report: i've written the lyrics and I just need to make sure I can play it and then I have to record it so were like 1/3 there

FluffieDuckie

status report: i've continued to work on this. this time using karoake and i've discovered about myself that not only do i sing badly, i'm literally unable to carry a tune unless singing along with a recorded voice, even if it's a song i've heard 100 times before.

i honestly didn't know i was this vocally challenged so thank you all for this

City of Glompton

FluffieDuckula posted:

status report: i've continued to work on this. this time using karoake and i've discovered about myself that not only do i sing badly, i'm literally unable to carry a tune unless singing along with a recorded voice, even if it's a song i've heard 100 times before.

i honestly didn't know i was this vocally challenged so thank you all for this

I believe in you Duckie.

FluffieDuckie

i feel like you guys haven't been paying attention

Manifisto

fluffie you can overdub the spoken parts in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg

just sub in "dracula duck" for "disco duck" and you're golden

FluffieDuckie

idk i just recorded myself singing 5 little pumpkins like i used to sing to my kindergarteners so now i'm torn

FluffieDuckie

like literally my singing skills are stuck at a kindergarten level

kind of like my drawing used to be

FluffieDuckie

ok that's what you're getting so we can stop harrassing duckie and move on to people with skills

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1b0GBpUdjKZ

Manifisto

FluffieDuckula posted:

idk i just recorded myself singing 5 little pumpkins like i used to sing to my kindergarteners so now i'm torn

what are you kidding, that sounds amazing

e: :swoon:

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 15, 2016

City of Glompton

FluffieDuckula posted:

ok that's what you're getting so we can stop harrassing duckie and move on to people with skills

:love:

social vegan

ahaha duckie this owns

FluffieDuckie

y'all hush

someone post something real

City of Glompton

status update: my song is super simple and I can play an sing it. now I just need to record it...

FluffieDuckie

i'm so impressed you have guitar skills :love:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

social vegan posted:

ahaha duckie this owns

it really does

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckula posted:

:love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling

FluffieDuckula posted:

i love it :sax:

• Locked thread