Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oranges don't taste like peppers, dumb idiot.

Wow rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It's another example of how stupid and hopeless we are. Also people need to specifically stop drinking ginger ale. Viva la revolution if we just pull together we can stop people from drinking ginger ale.

Eating grapes, drinking a can of gingerale while playing starcraft, then burping and exhaling my burp like in that song was a good memory for me.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Op is right. Same with any steak that's not well cooked. Let me eat raw meat because it makes me seem sophisticated lmbo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I actually like Canada Dry/Seagrams/whatever ginger ales, but sometimes I like to treat myself to a fancy bottle of hipster vegan ginger ale, the kind that's actually a bit spicy and super gingery instead of being mostly sugar. Deal with it plebs :smug:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

AugmentedVision posted:

Op is right. Same with any steak that's not well cooked. Let me eat raw meat because it makes me seem sophisticated lmbo

beef tartar with tartar sauce - the way it was meant to be enjoyed!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

for some reason i like food that is essentially painful to get accustomed to. bitter/herbal/phenolic beer, dark black coffee, very spicy food. i read one time that it has to do with endorphins or whatever kind of like I'm a culinary masochist.

fwiw i have a prud'homme certification and our instructors basically told us we have a gene in us that broke when we were born that tells our brain these things hurt us and not to eat them lol

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Kelp Me! posted:

I actually like Canada Dry/Seagrams/whatever ginger ales, but sometimes I like to treat myself to a fancy bottle of hipster vegan ginger ale, the kind that's actually a bit spicy and super gingery instead of being mostly sugar. Deal with it plebs :smug:

get you some blenheims my dude!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Kelp Me! posted:

Also found it was a good way to sorta neutralize spice in your mouth if you don't wanna deal with it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

there's already another thread for people to make fun of people who like their steaks to look like a Hungry Man salisbury steak dinner, coincidentally also started by the OP

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

aw gently caress i fell for this motherfuckers gimmick again

do wine or cheese or something next op

"like what's the deal with cheese? you children are eating spoiled milk!!! women won't have sex with you cause it stinks!"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

for some reason i like food that is essentially painful to get accustomed to. bitter/herbal/phenolic beer, dark black coffee, very spicy food. i read one time that it has to do with endorphins or whatever kind of like I'm a culinary masochist.

fwiw i have a prud'homme certification and our instructors basically told us we have a gene in us that broke when we were born that tells our brain these things hurt us and not to eat them lol

I eat limes like they're oranges so :hifive: on the broken genes and weird food tastes buddy

Black coffee is good, I like lighter blends since there's more caffeine. Also cold brew is more than just a dumb millenial gimmick - it's a lot less acidic, which you can both easily taste and notice when it doesn't upset your stomach

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wicker Man posted:

Eating grapes, drinking a can of gingerale while playing starcraft, then burping and exhaling my burp like in that song was a good memory for me.

You are a terrible deviant that would not fear the fire. :stare:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

"like what's the deal with cheese? you children are eating spoiled milk!!! women won't have sex with you cause it stinks!"

tbf cheese is basically unheard of in most of Asia so that wouldn't be that edgy of an opinion

I predict OP's next thread will be something that's wrong, but also an annoyingly popular opinion, like hating on people who drink craft beers* or not eating Americanized Chinese food because "it's so different from the real thing!!"

*I'll admit that craft beers do tend to attract people who act super snobby and superior about it though

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Kelp Me! posted:

tbf cheese is basically unheard of in most of Asia so that wouldn't be that edgy of an opinion

I predict OP's next thread will be something that's wrong, but also an annoyingly popular opinion, like hating on people who drink craft beers or not eating Americanized Chinese food because "it's so different from the real thing!!"

Which would be hilarious since actual first generation Asians would eat at places like Panda Express and be like, "This is pretty good, just like back home."

You are a terrible deviant that would not fear the fire. :stare:

One day I didn't put sugar in my tea because I was that loving lazy. I drank it, found it bitter, but I was thirsty so down it went. Eventually got used to it. I think a similar thing with drinking lots of water from waking up with bad cotton mouth.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wicker Man posted:

Which would be hilarious since actual first generation Asians would eat at places like Panda Express and be like, "This is pretty good, just like back home."

Hey there's not enough raw celery in this poo poo! :catbert:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Kelp Me! posted:

I predict OP's next thread will be something that's wrong, but also an annoyingly popular opinion, like hating on people who drink craft beers* or not eating Americanized Chinese food because "it's so different from the real thing!!"

*I'll admit that craft beers do tend to attract people who act super snobby and superior about it though

Americanized Chinese food is a better cuisine overall than actual Chinese food. They are different.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wicker Man posted:

One day I didn't put sugar in my tea because I was that loving lazy. I drank it, found it bitter, but I was thirsty so down it went. Eventually got used to it. I think a similar thing with drinking lots of water from waking up with bad cotton mouth.

I think tea is sweet enough without sugar. :smug:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Wicker Man posted:

Having visited rural China, I can tell you that I would shovel truckloads of Panda Express' horrible poo poo food rather than endure mountains of root vegetables doused in sesame oil for every meal.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

1st AD posted:

Having visited rural China, I can tell you that I would shovel truckloads of Panda Express' horrible poo poo food rather than endure mountains of root vegetables doused in sesame oil for every meal.

Sesame oil is good. :yum:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Kelp Me! posted:

yeah my wife is half lao and was lactose intolerant before we had kids and never knew the joys of cheese until then

TheLightPurges posted:

Americanized Chinese food is a better cuisine overall than actual Chinese food. They are different.

lol

okay I figured it out, op is actually a shill for cargill and is pimping corn syrup

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Stir fried bok choy with ginger, garlic and sesame oil is extremely my poo poo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

okay I figured it out, op is actually a shill for cargill and is pimping corn syrup

this also handily pre-empts op trashing non-macro beer since iirc all molson coors products brew with corn syrup now, as do probably most macros

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

1st AD posted:

I've been to a really fancy Chinese restaurant in Singapore.

It was Okay but give me a Panda plate of lo mein and orange chicken anyday for 7 bucks goddamn.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

1st AD posted:

Was it really that bad outside of urban areas :stare: ?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Wicker Man posted:

Actual Chinese food that Chinese people eat loving sucks dude.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

American Sushi > Japanese Sushi

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
freedom fries > frenched fries

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
So, if I get some empty gelcaps from the local pharmacy, fill them with Carolina Reaper seeds and have a few caps with a glass of milk.

What kind of damage are we talking about the next day? Will my rear end turn into a lethal weapon? Could I aim it at my enemies and decimate their numbers?

I got the Reapers already and I know the pharmacy got the gelcaps. It feels like it might be stupid enough for me to try.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
TexMex > Mex

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

spice up my sauce hole grease daddy

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

autoaim.cfg posted:

So, if I get some empty gelcaps from the local pharmacy, fill them with Carolina Reaper seeds and have a few caps with a glass of milk.

What kind of damage are we talking about the next day? Will my rear end turn into a lethal weapon? Could I aim it at my enemies and decimate their numbers?

I got the Reapers already and I know the pharmacy got the gelcaps. It feels like it might be stupid enough for me to try.

I really don't want this to turn into a self harm thread. It goes against the spirit of nugbs.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
White people be all "I LOOOVE hot food I eat it all the time!!!!"

*Goes to an Indian household, asks for "hot" food, sweats, nearly vomits, has to go home early, lays away all night with cramps.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

TheLightPurges posted:

"They made me sign a liability waiver for my lunch but I gave 0 fucks. poo poo was just sweet to me and they were looking in awe. They gave me a tshirt out of sheer respect. It didn't phase me at all"

It's more an insult to Midwesterners thinking chipotle mayo is spicy than a brag about my eating habits, because spicy is just another taste

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah we're retards, plants make that poo poo so animals don't eat the fruit and here people love that poo poo. It's like spicy poo poo was holding out for a cultivator.

So other animals eat poo poo poisonous to us why does that make us retarded or was ingeniousfood preservation and madking, like pickling and burying rotten shark for months

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Who are these 'Midwesterners' that people keep alluding too. Do they have a chat thread here or something.

deviler
Feb 20, 2007

Let's take this star craft out of dry dock, shall we?
You're supposed to put the spicy food in your mouth, not your vagina. That might be your problem, OP.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

deviler posted:

You're supposed to put the spicy food in your mouth, not your vagina. That might be your problem, OP.

lol

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So other animals eat poo poo poisonous to us why does that make us retarded or was ingeniousfood preservation and madking, like pickling and burying rotten shark for months

See we're so retarded we don't even know it dude. :downs:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Wicker Man posted:

Steamed vegetables are actually cool with me, but most of what I was served was bland as gently caress AND topped with sesame oil which made it very unpalatable. Not much in the way of protein out there other than eggs and really bony fish. Milk was almost impossible to find, even soy milk was hard to come by.

One place served rice milk, and by rice milk I mean really diluted and lukewarm water which I assume came from recently washed rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Heavy metals give real Chinese food that authentic tang you just can't find in America.

• Locked thread