Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

We've reached a convergence in life, where memes and reality are indistinguishable

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Zoran posted:

Any competent left party should win poor people by a shitload

Dems weren't really a left party this cycle. I suspect that will change soon.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

The leaked emails where Clinton's team wanted Trump to have a good chance at winning the Republican nomination look really bad now, seeing how he actually WON. They didn't give a poo poo that someone that terrible could be a step away from the White House, they only cared about making DREAD ABUELA the 1st woman president.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zoran posted:

Any competent left party should win poor people by a shitload

Agreed. But liberals think they are better than rural white trash and don't listen to them. Can you blame how angry white Poor's are who've lost their jobs to globalism and offhshoring? Democrat policies help them more than Republicians though.

Anyway I liked Trump's victory speech, he makes it seem things won't be so bad. I know better but I gotta find hope where I can.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I've been saying "President Donald J. Trump" aloud every 20 minutes or so to get used to it. I've found that I've gone through the 5 stages of grief very quickly and I hope you all win join me in acceptance. It's not so bad, it's like that warm feeling you get when your about to drown.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Confounding Factor posted:

Agreed. But liberals think they are better than rural white trash and don't listen to them. Can you blame how angry white Poor's are who've lost their jobs to globalism and offhshoring? Democrat policies help them more than Republicians.

Anyway I liked Trump's victory speech, he makes it seem things won't be so bad. I know better but I gotta find hope where I can.

What did he say that made you feel better. I can't watch it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Can't wait to get back to putting those robots out of business and working in a factory.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Trying to come up with a list of all the ways Trump's campaign was a poo poo show, but in the end none of it mattered. Nothing matters.

E: Somebody kind of said it on the previous page but lol if you got a poli sci degree in the last few years. That whole field is going to be taking a good, long look inwards for a while.

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 14:57 on Nov 9, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Our best hope seems to be a fascist agenda that downplays the minority oppression part.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Philthy posted:

Can't wait to get back to putting those robots out of business and working in a factory.
I hope I can get health insurance from a robot-smashing job.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/who-is-in-president-trump-cabinet-231071

check out the cabinet!

its gonna own having a climate denier run the epa

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

*RBG sighs as she lowers herself into the Lazarus Pit once again*

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
Secretary of State Newt Gingrich. Attorney-General Giuliani. I can't even imagine.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

euphronius posted:

Just your typical platitudes about unity and working for ALL of us. He was gracious in giving credit to Hillary for how hard she worked on her campaign. He said some things I agree with like rebuilding our infrastructure. But as the man himself says, these are just words. I just hope my worst fears don't get realized, plunging in a war, further income disparity, wider gap between rich and poor which would lead to another recession worse than the last.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I've been saying "President Donald J. Trump" aloud every 20 minutes or so to get used to it. I've found that I've gone through the 5 stages of grief very quickly and I hope you all win join me in acceptance. It's not so bad, it's like that warm feeling you get when your about to drown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbE_CR8SXqY&t=33s

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Fiend posted:

Does this mean we get a new Secretary of State?

ivanka

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I don't like that it feels like my biggest hope is for a DJT heel turn against the GOP, but so many bent the knee that it just won't happen.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Someone in c-spam went to bed monday night wishing "boy I wish we didn't have to stop posting about the Trump campaign tomorrow" and the monkey paw loving curled

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/09/cuba-military-exercises-enemy-actions-trump?CMP=twt_gu

quote:

Cuba to launch military exercises to prepare for ‘range of enemy actions’
Announcement of five days of nationwide maneuvers and tactical exercises across the country came nearly simultaneously with Trump’s surprise win

gently caress this is the end of normalizing relations with cuba

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Someone in c-spam went to bed monday night wishing "boy I wish we didn't have to stop posting about the Trump campaign tomorrow" and the monkey paw loving curled
And promptly fisted the country's rear end in a top hat

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hosed up but true

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Grey Fox posted:

*RBG sighs as she lowers herself into the Lazarus Pit once again*

I know, the poor old girl is working in her coffin now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also GOP could just pack the court

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Also GOP could just pack the court
You don't say?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

COCKSURE posted:

check out the cabinet!

millions. possibly billions of people are going to die because of this idiot

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Trump landing sick burns at the G8 style summits, UN

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
In a weird twist I think I hate the Clintons almost as much as all my conservative relatives now

Bill took a sledgehammer to welfare in the 90s and continued the War On Drugs and Hillary just loving handed the country over to the GOP and lost to loving TRUMP

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

You don't say?

What you mean

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

What you mean
Sorry, I'm just being a dick. I'm just saying that's one of the more obvious and (relatively) benign things that will happen in this administration.

I'm going back to throwing up after reading that cabinet list.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

COCKSURE posted:

check out the cabinet!

lol at Lucas Oil exec as sec of interior. rest in piss america

holy poo poo sid miller as ag secretary, what a goddamn disaster

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

euphronius posted:

He made positive remarks about Clinton, said politics is a nasty, nasty business, spoke about rebuilding our infrastructure and creating jobs out of that, then made comments stressing that he will be a President for all Americans regardless of race, religion, or political party and then thanked his family and close supporters. It was a carefully written speech and just words but they weren't bad words.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Monkey Fracas posted:

In a weird twist I think I hate the Clintons almost as much as all my conservative relatives now

Bill took a sledgehammer to welfare in the 90s and continued the War On Drugs and Hillary just loving handed the country over to the GOP and lost to loving TRUMP

hillary clinton destroyed her legacy and reputation quicker than loving anthony weiner

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol at Lucas Oil exec as sec of interior. rest in piss america

holy poo poo sid miller as ag secretary, what a goddamn disaster

:suicide:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Wait how are we not talking about THE WALL yet?

It's forgetting the basics that lost this race. Or poor education, I dunno.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

COCKSURE posted:

check out the cabinet!

He wants to do away with the Departments of Education and Energy :psyduck:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

since turnout was high I don't think blaming clinton works that well, people actively wanted trump

i'm sure there'll be plenty of data to sift but the 'white reaction' argument feels better to me as a first approximation

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvLeQbwuKys

Looking forward to the wall, at least it's a make work project. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Also given how I was voraciously devouring every bit of news and analysis from every idiot across the globe through social media and news sites, I'm kind of taken aback that I don't want to look at a goddam thing today.

:salt:

• Locked thread