Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

xthnru posted:

I think I need to see my therapist.
:smith:

Have a small selection of "It's A Wonderful Life" with an apparent carol called "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"

So, yeah, My Track Is Under the Tree.

Heavy... Pull the happiness from my insides ... :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Artsy goons, don't forget that we're going to need some album art

I like Ocho Ho Ho well enough as an album name, but if anyone has any ideas, let's hear them!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

simplefish posted:

Artsy goons, don't forget that we're going to need some album art

I like Ocho Ho Ho well enough as an album name, but if anyone has any ideas, let's hear them!

That was a 5-second-thought-out pun from my remaining dad joke powers that day when I suggested it to Jen.

Definitely wasn't intended to be carried forth to the album or anything, so we welcome any and all suggestions for a new one. Also, yes, gonna need some awesome album art. If you're reading this and want to contribute but don't have any musical ideas/means/talent, please feel free to whip something up and post it. Even the artwork that doesn't make it is still usually excellent.

I like Bandcamp and all, but I really wish that there was a better, more versatile option. AH well, until that happens, Bandcamp it is! This is not to say that I don't appreciate the efforts of Mr Rossi and anyone else who helped out to put all of those songs up there on the SAXmas profile, because I definitely, definitely do.

Also:

xthnru posted:

I think I need to see my therapist.
:smith:

Have a small selection of "It's A Wonderful Life" with an apparent carol called "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"

So, yeah, My Track Is Under the Tree.

Gloria in excelsis deo :eyepop: (we need an 'earpop' smilie)

EDIT 2: (because I have a fair bit of free time during the day :colbert:)

:siren: Need audio guidance? Software? Tools? Check out these five links for free stuff/advice:

Audacity: For quick, detailed audio editing (not really ideal for multitracking or making a full song, but hey, if you do it, more power to you!)

Reaper: a free-for-evaluation multitrack DAW (digital audio workstation). Developed by industry professionals who got tired of bloated, expensive software like Pro Tools and the like. I'm not saying it's necessarily better than other, paid options, but it is ABSOLUTELY comparable. This is what you want if you'd like to put something even remotely complex together.

Need plugins? Here's a list of legitimately free instrument/synth plugins from KVR Here's a list of free effects (reverb, delay, filter, chorus, etc...)

Don't know what the hell you're doing, but want to learn? Come to this thread and ask away!

I hope this helps people out, and I'll bug Jen to add it to the OP sometime. Also, if you'd like to, send me a PM with any sort of audio question. I have a diploma in this stuff, so I should probably put it to good use somehow.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 22, 2016

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Any recommendations for someone who's only heard part of the first year's album?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Windfall posted:

Any recommendations for someone who's only heard part of the first year's album?

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/ :colbert:

And then just hit 'record' and go, man.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Windfall posted:

yea heres a few

first and foremost, gently caress retail. working retail & hospitality has mostly ruined christmas music for me (all, you know, nine of the songs), which is part of why I love this tradition so much
adeste emptores

one of my favorite subversive titles: a dramatic reading of the last words of several people Texas executed
christmas

:robot:
robot jesus

:pwn:
we wish you an adequate festive period

:byobdood:
ho ho ho its christmas time

egg nog pew pew boom egg nog
egg nog (tryna get a hand beezy)

kicker in the knee!
alcoholic christmas

subversive. christmas tree is murder
far from home

an actual, genuinely moving song that is still legit one of my favorite christmas songs ever
befallen this christmas

this one's maybe a little long for its joke, but the joke is really good lol
o tannenbaum (o christmas tree)
http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/o-tannenbaum-o-christmas-tree

more :robot:
christmas man

bouncy fun!
bhbewbj

reddit elves are mad
hipster xmas

(basically everything by haschel cedricson; he's really good)
he'll bring you coal

the polar express

:dogge:
dog sings white christmas!!!.mp3

edit:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/ :colbert:

And then just hit 'record' and go, man.

mostly this tho yea

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 22, 2016

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Kingnothing posted:

I can't explain why, but I literally lose my poo poo every time I hear this one from the 2012 album

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/carol-of-the-bombs

ahahahahafuck

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Windfall posted:

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/a-taco-bell-christmas

YOU LISTEN TO THIS. YOU LISTEN AND LIKE IT. :colbert:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And then the voice kicks in.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I have to say that, while obviously I'm a big fan of my wife's contributions over the years, what really surprised me was how well this Wub Machine remix of '(Can't Ring My) Jingle Bells' (from the 2012 album, but her original was from a year or two before that) works.

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/jingle-bells-wub-machine-remix

EDIT: Also, this was an incredible collaboration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sHWCzM6W3Q

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 22, 2016

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Windfall posted:

http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/auld-lang-syne-otamatone-chorale-version

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the polar express

Holy mother of a loving and just God, that is even better than He'll Bring You Coal! I thought he was going to go in a "Wreck of the Old 97" direction (with a much more jolly ending) but no, he went in an even better direction!

If nobody else is going to replace "What did I miss" with "Merry Christmas" in the Hamilton soundtrack I might have to.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

this isn't necessarily a submission yet, unless it's a surprise hit for some reason. i'm playing around with the idea of freestyling a bunch of christmas-y words. the guitar doesn't really have to be part of it (especially since i am so bad at it anymore) i just needed something to accompany my "singing" freestyle

my request for feedback/collaboration is under the tree??

e: lol i just checked and no, hannukuh has not happened yet. it starts on christmas day this year. at least i was right about eid al-adha being a while ago

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 22, 2016

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wow, I rediscovered Dilby the Toymaker
https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/dilby-the-toymaker

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

I do.... I do!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

My track is under the tree!

You know what, lots of people are going to be writing ironic songs. But this is a song about real joys about Christmas. This is a song that wouldn't sound out of place on the store radio.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Cemetry Gator posted:

You know what, lots of people are going to be writing ironic songs. But this is a song about real joys about Christmas. This is a song that wouldn't sound out of place on the store radio.

I remember that being the original concept behind the first album and that's probably why it's held up as my favorite. Great job :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cemetry Gator posted:

I always love your entries, and can't wait to hear this one when I get to work tomorrow. Good on you for going this route :toot:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Cemetry Gator posted:

I love this. :laffo:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

My Track is under the tree

I'm sorry.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

BSam posted:

I'm sorry.

I threw up from this, so mission accomplished i guess

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Doctor Dogballs posted:

:whitewater:

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i don't know how i'm going to top jennyinstereo proclaiming my submission from last year the worst submission she's ever heard, but i'll try

Consider it a compliment. I also expect you to do better this year. As in worse. Make my ears bleed!

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

BSam posted:

I'm sorry.

Wow this never seemed to end! Good job! I highly enjoyed it!

Doctor Dogballs posted:

You did a bad thing. A bad bad thing. Congrats.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Doctor Dogballs posted:

senior :wtc:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All submissions on this page are golden! The album is already shaping up to be great.

On that note, is there a goon who would be willing to help me with the music for my rap track? This year I feel like my lovely button mashing just won't do. PM me, if you're interested and I'll share the lyrics. Thanks in advance.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Doctor Dogballs posted:

not sure how to feel about pausing my music to listen to this

BSam posted:

I'm sorry.

got me in that xmas spirit mhmm

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Is it possible to feel sleezed? I feel sleezed.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

My boyfriend hates me because the only music I play in the car for the entirety of December is Goon Christmas music. I think it's hilarious. But for some weird reason I can't see any submissions in this thread. I can see plaintext links, but I guess it's icons or whatever that I can't see. I'm browsing in Firefox. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm going to be very sad if I can't annoy the boyfriend this year.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Soysaucebeast posted:

My boyfriend hates me because the only music I play in the car for the entirety of December is Goon Christmas music. I think it's hilarious. But for some weird reason I can't see any submissions in this thread. I can see plaintext links, but I guess it's icons or whatever that I can't see. I'm browsing in Firefox. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm going to be very sad if I can't annoy the boyfriend this year.

If what I think is happening is happening, a) you should still be able to click on the broken image picture, but more importantly, b) make sure you're not browsing the forums with https

That extra "s" prevents your browser from showing the tindeck images.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Windfall posted:

My year-round playlist includes (in addition to some of the great ones posted already):

Das Sexy Reindeer Danse
http://tindeck.com/listen/bvjh

O Holy Ni8
http://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/o-holy-ni8

Feliz NaviTAKYOOOOOOOOOOOON
http://tindeck.com/listen/dyxg

I've got something special planned this year, hope I can get time away from toddlers and other commitments to record it! If it comes down to it I'll try to collaborate to bring it into the world.

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 24, 2016

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

EDIT: It turns out my entry here WAS included on the Bandcamp page in 2010 and I just missed it. Nothing to see here!

Haschel Cedricson fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 26, 2016

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Alright, I know this is asking for trouble, but...

I'm curating the definitive best-of Goon Christmas album

Every year, people ask for a 'best-of' album, and we all agree there should be one. With 20 of CD's worth of music, there is plenty of material to work with. I'm going to do the daunting task of sorting through replies and determining which songs are the ABSOLUTE classics. There will be no set number of songs - it all depends on how much can fit on a CD-R (~80 minutes). For the love of baby Jesus, know the name of the song you're voting for. At least make is so I don't have to cross-reference 'Snowflake Girl Theme' with 'Polar Polar'.

Give me your opinion!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

all-Rush mixtape posted:

we all agree there should be one.

I dunno about that

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I do not trust your username for this task, sir.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Alright, I know this is asking for trouble, but...

I'm curating the definitive best-of Goon Christmas album

Every year, people ask for a 'best-of' album, and we all agree there should be one. With 20 of CD's worth of music, there is plenty of material to work with. I'm going to do the daunting task of sorting through replies and determining which songs are the ABSOLUTE classics. There will be no set number of songs - it all depends on how much can fit on a CD-R (~80 minutes). For the love of baby Jesus, know the name of the song you're voting for. At least make is so I don't have to cross-reference 'Snowflake Girl Theme' with 'Polar Polar'.

Give me your opinion!

go curate yourself bitch

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

OMGVBFLOL posted:

go curate yourself bitch

whoops, that wasn't very christlike of me

sir, you're having people vote on a collection of favorites, not "curating a definitive best of". Thine hubris and corporate doublespeak has raised my ire. Alas, I should turn the other cheek and forgive.

not before i vote goku tho

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Oh god, I still remember writing this one. It almost was fated to be.

So, here's the story. I myself was trying to come up with ideas for songs, and all I had in my head was "sexy Santa, he's a sexy, sexy man." I couldn't figure out the rest of the song, but I knew I had gold with that line.

Then, Rascal Rockhog posted about how he wanted to collaborate. I think he had a song but couldn't come up with lyrics or something like that. Either way, he had an idea about what he wanted the lyrics to be about, I think maybe about all the difficulties Santa comes across while delivering presents. I'm not sure anymore.

All I know was that he was not expecting a song about Sexy Reindeer.

Anyway, I listen to it a few times, and in the pre-chorus, I found myself going "sexy Santa, he's a sexy, sexy man." So how do you finish that line off - "He needs a sexy reindeer, to fly across the land?" Then basically, it became a challenge to see how often I could use the word "sexy" in a song, and I just stuck with the idea of sexy reindeers. I envisioned the music video being similar to that Bob Dylan song where he's just flipping back the notecards with words on them. Except, all the notecards would just say "sexy" and flip everytime the word "sexy" was used.

My personal favorite collaboration with Rascal was "Empty Chimney." He had wrote such a lovely little tune. I don't know if it ended up funny or not, but I'm really proud of the melody, and the first verse is a little touching. And then I do what I do and write something really demented for the second verse, and top it all off with "Santa, I still believe, 'cuz we never found the corpse."

https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/empty-chimney

Honestly, Rascal is a loving treasure. "Christmas Lobotomy" is honestly one of my favorite all time tracks from these things. He really is a talented musician.
https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/track/christmas-lobotomy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Which song (and by whom) was that ballad about Home Alone?

The chorus was something like "You left Kevin Home Alone...."

EDIT:

I don't think this made it onto an album on Bandcamp :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 24, 2016

• Locked thread