Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Young Freud posted:

Jack In The Box tacos is what you think street tacos should be. Not that they are, I've had street tacos and they're a bit better because of the ingredients, but holy poo poo 2 for a dollar is something cheap and that's really what should make you think "street taco".

$2 dollars gets you four, and that's just enough to satisfy a craving (and it should, because it's 700 kcal)

It use to be a run for Taco Bell versus Jack In The Box for the cheap tacos, but since they raised the prices on their menu, Jack's tacos win out.

Taco Bell's prices are BULLSHIT

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

it gets worse if you're a lazy shameful glutton who's hungover on Monday (Happy New Year!). Got the Taco Bell delivery, from literally across the street. Maybe the length of a football field. 45 minutes later, got 16 bucks worth of food, but total price closer to 30 bucks with "extra menu fees" which I'm sure is totally made-up BS and delivery fee of $6 for less than a mile. First time experiment, last time experiment. I could have gotten a few pizzas delivered for cheaper. Still, great hangover food.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

lmfao if you're getting anything delivered across the street you don't get to complain about the price you cheapskate gently caress

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lmfao if you're getting anything delivered across the street you don't get to complain about the price you cheapskate gently caress

some of the best days are no-pants days, and yes I'll still complain because it's still an excessively high fee. But no biggie, I wouldn't use their service again, and you can go back to yelling at strangers. We both win!

Sex Cop
Mar 22, 2015

You have the right to remain horny.

Tom Gorman posted:

poo poo they even have egg rolls

they're actually pretty drat good

I rarely eat fast food. But.... JB tacos are great. Even cold. I don't understand it, it just is. And their egg rolls are better than what you get in most Chinese restaurants. It is inexplicable. (I am not fat and I like good food)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kaincypher posted:

some of the best days are no-pants days, and yes I'll still complain because it's still an excessively high fee. But no biggie, I wouldn't use their service again, and you can go back to yelling at strangers. We both win!

So did you answer the door while wearing no pants? Like nothing at all from the waist down, except like socks?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

No kidding, I don't know when the prices got jacked up, probably when I when I went back to school around 2009, but I remember when a Crunchy Taco and a Bean Burrito was $0.79. They magically went up to $1.09 like five years ago.

Kaincypher posted:

it gets worse if you're a lazy shameful glutton who's hungover on Monday (Happy New Year!). Got the Taco Bell delivery, from literally across the street. Maybe the length of a football field. 45 minutes later, got 16 bucks worth of food, but total price closer to 30 bucks with "extra menu fees" which I'm sure is totally made-up BS and delivery fee of $6 for less than a mile. First time experiment, last time experiment. I could have gotten a few pizzas delivered for cheaper. Still, great hangover food.

I ran into the same issue a few months back. I was having car trouble and couldn't leave the house unless I took public transit, but was craving some tacos, the closest mom-and-pop street taco shop closed down and moved, so I'm stuck with a Taco Bell which is like a mile or two from my home. I make an order for $8 dollars worth of food, but delivery made it $16-$20. I said gently caress that and ended up ordering Chinese instead.

If that poo poo was $2 or something, it would be worthwhile, but not a delivery upcharge of almost double what I'm paying for.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Gaunab posted:

what did people in the past do when they were drunk and hungry grandpa?

They went to jack in the bix and then got e coli and died

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
They dont have Jack in the Box on the east coast and its a goddamn travesty.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
jack in the box tacos, even sober, is a great reason in and of itself to be an american

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Gaunab posted:

what did people in the past do when they were drunk and hungry grandpa?

Well kid, on the east coast we had these things called "diners" that were open 24/7. It was that, or Jack in the Box tacos.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Jack in the box tacs are really good and anybody that don't think so is a lily white suburb dwelling dick head who uses words like "authentic" when deciding if a food is good or not

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

So did you answer the door while wearing no pants? Like nothing at all from the waist down, except like socks?

PJ bottoms and a house robe. Super classy, I know, but terrorizing a poor driver with my nude body would be uncalled for. If that were the case, the up-charging amount would be more understandable.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Jack in the Box is the best because their food is consistent as gently caress and tastes the exact same way every time. That and the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger. I miss the sesame seed buns though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CubanMissile posted:

Jack in the Box is the best because their food is consistent as gently caress and tastes the exact same way every time. That and the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger. I miss the sesame seed buns though.

i like the new buns! :D

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kaincypher posted:

PJ bottoms and a house robe. Super classy, I know, but terrorizing a poor driver with my nude body would be uncalled for. If that were the case, the up-charging amount would be more understandable.

Hmmm. Fair enough.

CubanMissile posted:

I used to eat the gently caress out of Ultimate Cheeseburgers. I could feel my arteries hardening with every bite. It made me feel powerful.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the mayo is what makes the ultimate cheeseburger imho

GET BEEFY

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i remember when carls jr was still cash-only

gently caress

the early 00's? Wow, you are so ancient

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Try putting taco in one of their burgers it's amazin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

Try putting taco in one of their burgers it's amazin

thats called unlcoking flavor levels

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

If you want to make these tacos better, dip them in sweet and sour sauce Jack has.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Where are JIB tacos still two for 99c? I haven't seen that price point in years.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

MageMage posted:

Where are JIB tacos still two for 99c? I haven't seen that price point in years.

Better edit your post, can't talk prices in gbs, is forbidden

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The sign says 99 tacos for 2 cents

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

There was a JitB within walking distance of me, then it closed after the anchor supermarket in its plaza thing closed. Yeah.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
At the drive-thru:

"Can I help you?"

"Yes I'd like a CHICK N TATER MUNCHIE MELT."

>clerk silently laughing< "I'm sorry what was that sir?"

"A CHICK N TATER MUNCHIE MELT."

>all clerks have gathered, all stifling laughter< "One more time, please, having some trouble here."

"CHICK N TATER MUNCHIE MELT."

"Jesus Christ man, you sound like a loving 5-year old, so undignified."

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I used to love JitB. As a broke teenager, spending like 3-4 bucks on some tacos and a chicken sandwich was awesome. Can't say I've enjoyed them lately. The last couple of times I've gone, the service was loving terrible. Once got home to open my bag to a half eaten burger and another time, got back to work to discover that they didn't put any cheese on my bacon cheddar potato wedges. Literally just a box of dry potato wedges.

Those tacos though. Should not be that good for what is essentially a cheap fried tortilla wrapped around a kraft single and some low grade meat paste.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm eating jack in the box RIGHT THE gently caress NOW

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
jack in the box is good because they don't pretend to be something they aren't, cheap and dirty fast food

last time i was in a mcdonalds there were big printed signs about 100% real quality meat and high quality ingrendients and amazing flavors its like bitch please its the cheapest ground beef they can reliably source, american cheese, and dehydrated onions. theres like two things that even have real vegetables on it and that vegetable is shredded lettuce

you could go to wendys but they're racist apparently? thats what the new york times told me.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

nigga crab pollock posted:

you could go to wendys but they're racist apparently? thats what the new york times told me.

some sort of ginger thing?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Closest jack in the box is 178 miles away. In Pocatello idaho..

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

OMGVBFLOL posted:

fun fact: if the "beef mixture" was more than 50% beef, it would be legal to just call it "ground beef"

but its not, so it isnt

When I was really broke I used to eat this stuff called "skillet mix" that was mostly soy & beef hearts hth

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
justin timberlake should have written the song 'jack in the box taco' instead

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe

I Might Be Adam posted:

another time, got back to work to discover that they didn't put any cheese on my bacon cheddar potato wedges. Literally just a box of dry potato wedges.

People would literally loving die if this happened to me

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mozi posted:

justin timberlake should have written the song 'jack in the box taco' instead

he already sold out for mcdonalds, he can't sell out for another fast food franchise

well sell out and still be taken somewhat seriously

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Edgar posted:

Closest jack in the box is 178 miles away. In Pocatello idaho..

yikes what a bleak existance

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ever since i was little, my mother has referred to jitb as "jack in the crack"

shes a special lady

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

similar lovely junk food i cant resist: 7-Eleven taquitos

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
hold up look at this poo poo from that article

quote:

About a year ago, Mr. Koral started working on a version he could serve at The Nice Guy, a West Hollywood restaurant he co-owns as managing partner at the h.wood Group. Mr. Koral huddled with company co-founder John Terzian and the restaurant’s chef and they came up with a Jack in the Box-inspired taco that uses Nice Guy’s hamburger beef blend and its own mix of seasonings. Price: three for $18.

quote:

taco that uses Nice Guy’s hamburger beef blend and its own mix of seasonings. Price: three for $18.

quote:

three for $18.

anyone who serves three tacos and wants 18 bucks for them deserves to be tried for war crimes. gently caress. that. poo poo. yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

similar lovely junk food i cant resist: 7-Eleven taquitos

when i lived right by a cumbys i literally lived off their taquitos, 1 dollar pizza slices and eggrolls. the shits were tremendous

seriously they must put like crack (or shitloads of msg) in those eggsrolls they're so good

• Locked thread