Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
My mom heard about John Wick 2 and sent me a text asking if I wanted to go see it because she thinks I'm good company, but I am not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPxWUs8nXs

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
I'd like to see a count of how many times he does that move where he chokes a guy and takes the guy's gun then shoots some other guys while choking the guy then shoots that guy last

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

My mom heard about John Wick 2 and sent me a text asking if I wanted to go see it because she thinks I'm good company, but I am not

funny I got the same text.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

Attempted to see it today. I got there early, found an ideal seat. About 5 minutes before the previews started a couple of real spastic nerds came in and sat right in my row, only one seat away from me. Mind you, the theater was about 85% empty, so they could've sat anywhere, but chose instead to be microaggressive and seat right on top of me. So, I'm already annoyed.

Preview starts, and the spastic nerd sitting closest to me is eating his popcorn in a very annoying way. Munching and slurping loudly, wiping his face and greasy hands in an exaggerated jerking, frantic manner. Now I'm really starting to get annoyed. The movie starts and the same guy starts grunting in a very affected way at any bit of dialogue with even the slightest bit of humor. Every 10 seconds or so, it's these loud grunts. I start sighing loudly every time he grunts, looking up at the ceiling and rubbing my face with my hands. I'm fuming.

About 25 minutes into the movie, and I can't take it anymore. He's ruining the movie for me. Then, out of nowhere, he reaches over and starts touching my jacket, which I placed on the single seat between us, with his greasy disgusting fingers. I look over at him and say "what are you doing?" He replies, in your typical spastic nerd high-pitch nasally nu-male voice, "Oh, is that your jacket." I reply "You gotta be loving kidding me," stand up, take my jacket, and walk out.

Whelp, those are my John Wick 2 impressions.

Did you go to the liquor store and buy a fifth of Jack Daniels? If not, you should do that, you should rekindle your relationship with alcohol.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
oh gently caress. chad stahelski, the director, is working on a highlander reboot next

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel John is an inefficient hand to hand fighter and I know that seems weird. But I feel there's lots of flips that are almost too showy.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

I feel John is an inefficient hand to hand fighter and I know that seems weird. But I feel there's lots of flips that are almost too showy.

They want to be flashy (like the gunplay) but don't want the hero jumping ten feet in the air etc. So they do all the flashy judo moves.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

just saw this and I just wanna comment that at multiple times does john wick eject his magazines so hard they fly across the room and bounce off the wall.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

just saw this and I just wanna comment that at multiple times does john wick eject his magazines so hard they fly across the room and bounce off the wall.

They told Keanu they would not let him throw the bullets with a whipping motion out of the gun so he said "Woah" and then he said "Can I throw the clips out when I reload" and they said well ok and Keanu opened up Wechat on his phone and Wechatted to the director "Write lots more reloads into the script"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The guy who plays The Tailor is actually both films' costume designer which is loving cool as poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Every time he kills somebody to get out of the game for good, it creates several more people who he's going to have to kill to get out of the game for good.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

General Dog posted:

Every time he kills somebody to get out of the game for good, it creates several more people who he's going to have to kill to get out of the game for good.

it's almost as if every time he tries to get out, he gets pulled back in. or something like that, anways

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Friend never heard of it. I explained the premise and he thought it sounded dumb. My friend is dumb and I now realize I have dumb friends. The sequel rocks though.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So, uh, for some reason all I heard about john wick before this thread was that it's a sorta campy ridiculous, ultimately not very good movie.

Am I... am I wrong? Is it actually good?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

So, uh, for some reason all I heard about john wick before this thread was that it's a sorta campy ridiculous, ultimately not very good movie.

maybe watch it and reach your own conclusions?

Your mileage will vary how much you loved classic 80s action films.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Son of Rodney posted:

heh hey guys look at this idiot

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

As a guy who does not like trash poo poo movies imo JW is a decent, mindless action movie. It's not up to like Predator The Raid standards or anything but this is 2017, the last great movie we had was The Act of Killing, before that probably There Will Be Blood. Lots of really really bad movies these days.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I just saw the movie John Wick 2 and enjoyed it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The sequel isn't quite as good as the first movie, but it's still really awesome and everyone should go see it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Yeah, the second was good but not quite as good as the first. Still worth seeing though.

Son of Rodney posted:

Go rent it online and check it out. At minimum, you get to see old-rear end Keanu Reeves kill sixty-plus dudes in cool ways.

As it turns out Keanu Reeves is a very good actor when he's doing cool things and not speaking. Every time he opens his mouth it starts to slip, and there's one scene in the first movie where he has, like, a paragraph and a half in a row, and he can't really do that. Get through it and it's good again.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

General Dog posted:

that's how you build a franchise, yo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Keanu is an awesome dude who appreciates the luxury of work because he is renowned for being super easy to work with. When you think of "whoa" Keanu, you are getting an actor delivering a line exactly the way they are TOLD to, perhaps not the way they want to.

He also usually plays Shut-Ins (Neo, John Wick) so I never expect social skills in these roles

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

Keanu is an awesome dude who appreciates the luxury of work because he is renowned for being super easy to work with. When you think of "whoa" Keanu, you are getting an actor delivering a line exactly the way they are TOLD to, perhaps not the way they want to.

He also usually plays Shut-Ins (Neo, John Wick) so I never expect social skills in these roles

I too think about Keanu Reeves

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

He's also super generous and actually does stuff like give huge chunks of his paychecks to the crew of a movie.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Sheep-Goats posted:

I too think about Keanu Reeves

yeah i think he doesn't get ENOUGH CREDIT

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I cannot wait to see Keanu Reeves shoot men in the head again

That isn't sarcasm, the first movie is awesome

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

There are lots of poo poo movies that get defended because "it's just mindless action, what do you expect, just watch and shove some popcorn into your face you dumbass" but what if there can be a movie that's mindless action but also good

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

UnfurledSails posted:

but what if there can be a movie that's mindless action but also good

they made this. it's called John Wick 1 and 2.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

they made this. it's called John Wick 1 and 2.

Aka The Running Man starring Austrian retard

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why is every movie that is not John Wick so afraid of showing people in shootouts reloading?

It's one of the coolest loving things in John Wick. I've always complained it'd be awesome to see people actually realistically handling their guns on TV and movies, because everyone who plays an FPS knows reloading is one of the most tense thing you can do. John Wick gets it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

everyone who plays an FPS knows reloading is one of the most tense thing you can do

:chloe:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Obviously I meant IN the FPS.

You always get hosed on a reload. You've got to run and dodge or hide and avoid when you're reloading. AKA good things for an action movie, esp. since they usually show people either firing unlimited ammo or reloading in 0.01 seconds (usually cutting to them JUST as they put the clip in).

Probably because they don't want to do serious training like Keanu though. He had to do a lot of practice to pull those on-camera reloads off.

Seriously though, most actors do NOT want to deal with that poo poo. 99% sure that's why every movie ever does that "already slapping the clip in."

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 13, 2017

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Probably because they don't want to do serious training like Keanu though.

:chloe:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

He's also super generous and actually does stuff like give huge chunks of his paychecks to the crew of a movie.

i hear he'll do stuff like celebrate his birthday with random studio janitors and stuff like walk up and ask them if they want some of his birthday cake and then sit there and eat it with them. strikes me as a lonely guy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I went to see this with a friend having never known the first one or what this was about.

I call it FPS, the movie. Also, take a shot every time the scene is just him walking with background music.

edit: apparently I'm not the only one. That's what I get for not reading the thread.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 13, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

10 years ago if you would have told me the two best action movie stars we would have are keanu reeves and tom cruise, i wouldn't believe you. but here we are.

also i think both of them work harder than arnie and stallone ever did

Keanu is a legit athletic and very skilled. Tom is committed to having fun by doing his own stunts and also keeps in great shape. Arnold and Sly in their eras were about firearms but I think after the influx of Hong Kong and Asian action movie influence like Jackie Chan it became more interesting to see skill on display than walking meatbag turrents. That's not to say beefcake doesn't matter, look at the superhero movies, but it's more impressive to see athletic feats than ginormous dudes. Same thing in pro wrestling these days. Unless you're Brock, peeps would rather see a great match than big immobile dudes, hence Daniel Bryan.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

UltraRed posted:

I went to see this with a friend having never known the first one or what this was about.

I call it FPS, the movie. Also, take a shot every time the scene is just him walking with background music.

uhh, have you heard of hardcore henry? i think that is literally FPS

i think J.Wick as early resident evil stuck camera, with some movement

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Gatts posted:

Keanu is a legit athletic and very skilled. Tom is committed to having fun by doing his own stunts and also keeps in great shape. Arnold and Sly in their eras were about firearms but I think after the influx of Hong Kong and Asian action movie influence like Jackie Chan it became more interesting to see skill on display than walking meatbag turrents. That's not to say beefcake doesn't matter, look at the superhero movies, but it's more impressive to see athletic feats than ginormous dudes. Same thing in pro wrestling these days. Unless you're Brock, peeps would rather see a great match than big immobile dudes, hence Daniel Bryan.

could you imagine cruise and reeves teaming up for a movie? that would be so sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
John Wick 2 loving sucked so hard. What the heck are you all talking about?

• Locked thread