Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah they're pretty awful. Honestly as an east coaster who moved to california for awhile, I was very excited to have in-n-out, and it's kind of a wet fart. The burgers are good for the price but like, five guys is better tasting easily. The fries are just plain not good. I was disappointed enough that I returned to the east coast, where, like Muhammed returning to Mecca, I found myself the burger eating champion at this amazing place called shake shack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Can't go wrong with Five Guys Cajun Fries. So good, they the main meal, the burger is just the side dish.

Cajun fries are lame and bad but still 5x better than in n out.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I thought about going to in N Out for lunch but I'm going to go to QT instead. Get a gas station flatbread and taquito.

Seriously though QT makes really good food

PS Five Guys beats In N Out hands down. Hell I like a Wendy's burg and fries more than in n out. Animal fries own tho

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
In-N-Or fries are fresh cut and they are cut pretty thin and are lightly fried so they retain a lot of moisture, meaning they are good for all of 5 min after serving which is part of the chains "no frozen" set up. Makes the burger meat pretty good, but you have to get a 2x2 to really enjoy the flavor.

Five Guys does a big fresh made patty so it's a big hunk of meat but their fries are larger, frozen and pre-cut so when they go in the frier they cook the water out quick and get good. Also 5G actually salts their fries unlike Commiefornia where anything good gets regulated to poo poo.

Both InO and 5G are petty good but if you're in socal then why are you getting burgers and not eating real mexican food?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Arkanomen posted:

Both InO and 5G are petty good but if you're in socal then why are you getting burgers and not eating real mexican food?

This guy knows whats up

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Five Guys is overrated. Rally's is way better.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Haverchuck posted:

This guy knows whats up

Sometimes you're burgin hard but often it's like "Okay, we have Jack, Carl's, In-n-Out, Mcdonalds orrr one of the three family run Mexican joints on that block that cost half as much for twice the amount of food that is restaurant quality?"

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

WampaLord posted:

Fatburger > In N Out. Both burgers and fries.

Ice Cube knew what he was talking about.

Fatburger is indeed awesome. This man knows what's up.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Fatburger is good and I go there pretty often but let's be frank folks it's slow and expensive as gently caress.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
If it wasn't for their bullshit "secret" menu that patrons cream their panties over, In n Out would be a scrub tier fast food joint. Their fries are poo poo, Thousand Island dressing has never made anything better, and, unless you're serving up 22 oz of the Blood of Christ, keep your religious poo poo off my goddamn beverage.

That would be a real secret menu. Get your burger patties between some of those giant Body of Christ crackers and wash it down with whatever Pope's blood chianti they serve at Communion.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Arkanomen posted:

In-N-Or fries are fresh cut and they are cut pretty thin and are lightly fried so they retain a lot of moisture, meaning they are good for all of 5 min after serving which is part of the chains "no frozen" set up. Makes the burger meat pretty good, but you have to get a 2x2 to really enjoy the flavor.

Five Guys does a big fresh made patty so it's a big hunk of meat but their fries are larger, frozen and pre-cut so when they go in the frier they cook the water out quick and get good. Also 5G actually salts their fries unlike Commiefornia where anything good gets regulated to poo poo.

Some places with ino and 5g are not socal.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Smythe posted:

Fatburger is good and I go there pretty often but let's be frank folks it's slow and expensive as gently caress.

Point taken. In-N-Out's the best burger value as far as taste vs price.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Arkanomen posted:

Also 5G actually salts their fries unlike Commiefornia where anything good gets regulated to poo poo.

The gently caress are you talking about? It's not like salt on fries is banned or some weird poo poo like that.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Smythe posted:

Order online, no wait.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
Get the dang fries well done, geez. Anyway skyline chili cheese fries are clearly the superior choice

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

Get the dang fries well done, geez. Anyway skyline chili cheese fries are clearly the superior choice

I like skyline chili, had it for the first time recently, but drat was that a lot of cheese. No man needs that much cheese.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I think I'm gonna go to in n out today. I've only been there a couple times before. What should I get???

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

The Cubelodyte posted:

The gently caress are you talking about? It's not like salt on fries is banned or some weird poo poo like that.

They just loving banned plastic bags, watch salt be next. Most places now ask if you want more than a sprinkle of salt on your fries.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

3x3, extra-toasted bun, fries well done. I don't do that animal style poo poo but you can go ahead if you want.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

3x3, extra-toasted bun, fries well done. I don't do that animal style poo poo but you can go ahead if you want.

A good post.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I've never had these, my local fry guy keeps me supplied, till I die

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

In other words default InO is garbage and you have to make custom requests and order off the "secret" menu to make it decent.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Cincinnati-style "chili", lol. Meat soup more like.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

it's meant to go in your mouth then out your dumb rear end lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Axolotl posted:

Cincinnati-style "chili", lol. Meat soup more like.
Yes that is what chili is, meat in a thick seasoned broth, what the hell are you after?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Wizchine posted:

Point taken. In-N-Out's the best burger value as far as taste vs price.

No it isn't gently caress you

Its cook out

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Yes that is what chili is, meat in a thick seasoned broth, what the hell are you after?
Something heartier and more stew-like than the spaghetti sauce that is Cincinnati chili?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

what about the beans? :grin:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Welp, I drove all the way across town to go to in n out and there were like 5 trillion people there. The line for the drive through was blocking traffic in the parking lot. So I thought I'd just go inside and it was a loving nightmare. You couldn't even get up to the counter to order because of all the people standing around. So I just went to the chic fil a next door because I had never been there and I paid 8 dollars for a chicken sandwich that I could have gotten off the dollar menu anywhere else.

TL:DR gently caress in n out gently caress chic fil a.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lol at you idiots that soak your french fries in soup or chili or "animal style" or whatever you want to call it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Welp, I drove all the way across town to go to in n out and there were like 5 trillion people there. The line for the drive through was blocking traffic in the parking lot. So I thought I'd just go inside and it was a loving nightmare. You couldn't even get up to the counter to order because of all the people standing around. So I just went to the chic fil a next door because I had never been there and I paid 8 dollars for a chicken sandwich that I could have gotten off the dollar menu anywhere else.

eat poo poo you rear end in a top hat chic fil a loving owns and I hate that there is only one anywhere even close to me and it is still like a 40 minute drive cause its about as far as you can get from any freeway. mix the chick fil a sauce withthe buffalo sauce and then eat the best chicken sanmmy ever

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you ask for your fries Trump style they come with Russian dressing and drenched in piss.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ROFLburger posted:

lol at you idiots that soak your french fries in soup or chili or "animal style" or whatever you want to call it

It's called animal style because it looks like an animal pooped on your food.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

scrubs season six posted:

Cajun fries are lame and bad but still 5x better than in n out.

You know what else is lame and bad?

Unfair international trade embargoes.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You know what else is lame and bad?

Unfair international trade embargoes.

100% fact. I demand durian at every grocery store throughout the land.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I've seen the line for the in n out next to Hollywood high be so long and untended that it blocked the whole intersection and clog up sunset for like a mile in both directions. That's a hard fail.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
anybody who says in-n-out burgs are not good is an idiot. in-n-out double double is basically the platonic form of a fast food hamburger. the only real competition is wendy's. (and shake shack, but apparently that's not fast food)

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
They look like All American fries, can anyone whose had both weight in?

Because their fries are pretty loving sick and you don't have to dump more grease on them first.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah they're pretty awful. Honestly as an east coaster who moved to california for awhile, I was very excited to have in-n-out, and it's kind of a wet fart. The burgers are good for the price but like, five guys is better tasting easily. The fries are just plain not good. I was disappointed enough that I returned to the east coast, where, like Muhammed returning to Mecca, I found myself the burger eating champion at this amazing place called shake shack.

Shake Shack and INO very comparable flavor imo but not $$$ hobag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

anybody who says in-n-out burgs are not good is an idiot. in-n-out double double is basically the platonic form of a fast food hamburger. the only real competition is wendy's. (and shake shack, but apparently that's not fast food)

SS is fast food but a burg is like 8 bucks there

• Locked thread