Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I'm taking a political science course this semester. The professor is really cool and his tests are really easy. Become a cool political science teacher OP.

this but be really smug and insufferable, and give hard tests that you grade unfairly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Applewhite posted:

So where are you gonna sleep now that your parents have converted your old room into a home office, OP?

My parents have no need of a home office, lol, they're dumb.

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I'm taking a political science course this semester. The professor is really cool and his tests are really easy. Become a cool political science teacher OP.

Technically I could go to a community college and do just this if there weren't so many goddamn homeless PhD's stealing the positions. Maybe I can get a certificate in secondary education...

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

lorn Wayne posted:

this but be really smug and insufferable, and give hard tests that you grade unfairly.

If I were a teacher I would be willing to accommodate people to a point, but also capricious. That's how life is and I don't see why I should be any different. Also if you haven't clearly read the text get the gently caress OUT OF HERE.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

NomChompsky posted:

i feel like you're lying to me to lure me into a trap!! But if not then that's cool dawg let's shoot the poo poo about international politics sometime :buddy:

lol i sent you a PM. i like to troll my "friends" at SA but sometimes i see folks with a similar experience and want to chat w/ them.

anyways, skullmund.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

la dee da look at my syllables.

(you're on the right track kid)

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Whenever people asked me, "What are you going to do now that you've graduated?" I'd say, "Stop going to school." So, come up with a better response because no one ever thought that was funny. Just a tip from me to you.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I.C. posted:

Whenever people asked me, "What are you going to do now that you've graduated?" I'd say, "Stop going to school." So, come up with a better response because no one ever thought that was funny. Just a tip from me to you.

So, offer oral sex is what you're saying?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

"So now that you've graduated, what did you ha--"

"SUCKIN' THIS DICK!"

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

NomChompsky posted:

So, offer oral sex is what you're saying?

that's pretty much a given, i'm leaving in about 20 minutes to suck some primo dick myself and try to get a better job.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I don't think you need a degree to suck anyone off, but it couldn't hurt to have one, I guess...is this what they taught you in grad school?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Congrats Nom!

But seriously, get some goverment/private work experience before considering a Ph.D.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I will never attain wizard status or probably anything near that. Congrats OP

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

Congrats Nom!

But seriously, get some goverment/private work experience before considering a Ph.D.

This is the plan. I appreciate your advice.

I.C. posted:

I don't think you need a degree to suck anyone off, but it couldn't hurt to have one, I guess...is this what they taught you in grad school?

They didn't really go into technique but the implication was ever present.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

cardboardRobot posted:

I will never attain wizard status or probably anything near that. Congrats OP

You're a wizard in my heart.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Maybe I could get a degree in Internal Relations.
Very inspiring, OP.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Just make sure you read the material and can write well, posting on SA a lot is a good way to hone your writing skills.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

NomChompsky posted:

Also the field I studied is international relations, which I was told an MA is p much necessary since BA's only ever get to the dirt work bullshit at the federal or any other level of employment. Still think I'm gonna die.
IR students are the "good ones" of political science imo

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

IR students are the "good ones" of political science imo

Americanists are weeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations, OP!

I am very close to finishing my masters as well. Hopefully next month, but maybe two. I did it Germany where it's free though.

Soon I will be a computer/robot master! :science:

(Also, to the confused people: a master's doesn't make you a doctor or give you a PhD. That's the next level. You can get paid to do them though, which is cool.)

(Also also, someone asked about graduation times: I don't know about other schools, but generally you graduate when you successfully defend your thesis, which can be any day of the year.)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Congrats, now don't fall into the trap of being institutionalize by school like me, constantly feeling like there's some assignment you've forgotten to do

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Nom do you think you will go to North Korea?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

NomChompsky posted:

Also the field I studied is international relations, which I was told an MA is p much necessary since BA's only ever get to the dirt work bullshit at the federal or any other level of employment. Still think I'm gonna die.

Nice timing. Giving a poo poo about international relations is actually illegal under the trump administration.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol lucky bloke OP, enjoy your new riches and middle class lifestyle! today is my last day of undergrad, i start grad school in 4 months :D

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rutibex posted:

i start grad school in 4 months :D
make sure to leave ur door open all the time

even when you arent home

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Xaris posted:

make sure to leave ur door open all the time

even when you arent home

it's an exciting time to reinvent yourself, unless you have any kind of social media presence whatsoever. so rasturbate everything and stick it on your wall, and wear your space invaders tshirt at all times.

people will think you're cool and not a complete and utter waste.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Three pages and no hood? I want to see some wizard poo poo.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Shadow0 posted:

Congratulations, OP!

I am very close to finishing my masters as well. Hopefully next month, but maybe two. I did it Germany where it's free though.

Soon I will be a computer/robot master! :science:

(Also, to the confused people: a master's doesn't make you a doctor or give you a PhD. That's the next level. You can get paid to do them though, which is cool.)

(Also also, someone asked about graduation times: I don't know about other schools, but generally you graduate when you successfully defend your thesis, which can be any day of the year.)

I defended my thesis two days ago and got hooded last night. i still have to format the thesis for submission to the graduate college though, shouldn't take long I already followed most of the guidelines.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

solar energy panel posted:

Nom do you think you will go to North Korea?

I hope so.

Thank you for the congrats guys but let's get down to brass tacks here I AM A'FEARED.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
SHOW US THE GOD drat WIZARD ROBES

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I did my whole education in 6 months for like $9000 and i'll be making $75,000 as a glorified computer janitor next year with 1 year of experience after partying and drinking away my youth. Good luck with that debt.

edit: also good luck when they make university education free, i'll jump on at that point i guess.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

SHOW US THE GOD drat WIZARD ROBES

I'm at work right now they're not here.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Have you considered going back to get a bachelor's degree in math?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

No.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vynar posted:

Have you considered going back to get a bachelor's degree in math?

No don't those are my jobs he can't have them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

No don't worry it's okay I don't want to be a mathman.

• Locked thread