Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Daria is the best show that MTV had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

jackass had like two seasons before Tom Green got a show

naw man tom had a public access show in canada at least in the mid nineties, jackass started around 2000 or 2001

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Truth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Haverchuck posted:

naw man tom had a public access show in canada at least in the mid nineties, jackass started around 2000 or 2001

Going from the wiki page is kind of confusing. Is it just the 3rd season that aired on MTV in 99, or did they play it beginning with the first from Canadian tv? Did the Tom green show only have one season on mtv?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

not even Canadians care about Tom Green

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
im holding a vhs tape thats still shrink wrapped that came out in 99. its called tonsil hockey. dick head

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like the Tom green special where he goes to Japan and it's either Japanese girls acting like he's an attraction or fish marketers beating on him

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

im holding a vhs tape thats still shrink wrapped that came out in 99. its called tonsil hockey. dick head

literally no one loving cares. I doubt even Green's parents would buy that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
OK I can't figure out how to make this one into a video so here's the link

https://youtu.be/oHxzVg4seb0

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The only two things I remember about Tom Green are thus:

1. The stupid Bum-Bum song.

2. The end of an episode where Tom followed some random audience member home with a camera crew and stayed until the novelty wore off and everyone was screaming at him to go home. It was actually p funny at the time, but then again I was like 12 so any dumb poo poo was funny to me then.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

[video type=""]/oHxzVg4seb0[/video]

nice

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I tried like 3 times I don't know why youtube sometimes let's me copy poo poo and why it's sometimes bullshit from the app

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

I tried like 3 times I don't know why youtube sometimes let's me copy poo poo and why it's sometimes bullshit from the app

nope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xemLz_fR1Ac

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sorry as well, this is my anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVY_7Iut5ZE

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cool!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Here's the list of skits:

The Cripple
Hip Hop Dancer
O.J. Simpson Mystery
The Tom Green Show Opening
Hip Hop Woman
Taxi Cab Chat
Day Of Justice
Gas
Dennis Woodruffe
Elvis Festival
Secret Camera
Billy Bob's Rocks
Pigeon In Bank
NYPD Green - Ballistics
Billy Bob & Mime
Polaroid Co-Host
Vacuum Cleaner Sharks
Marvel School of Hairdressing
Donut Shop Guy
Intercom Trickster
Billy Bob & Joan
Eating Pie
Have You Seen My Brother?
Bag of Eyes
Grandma's Tongue Brushing Tips
Bike Accident I
The Philosopher
Dan the Man
Hold the Light
NYPD Green - Under Desk
Movie Theatre Sneak In
3AM Fire in Parents Bed
You're British
Bike Accident II
Dead Moose
Parents Revenge
Port Hope Lady
Policeman Cow Suck

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

Here's the list of skits:

The Cripple
Hip Hop Dancer
O.J. Simpson Mystery
The Tom Green Show Opening
Hip Hop Woman
Taxi Cab Chat
Day Of Justice
Gas
Dennis Woodruffe
Elvis Festival
Secret Camera
Billy Bob's Rocks
Pigeon In Bank
NYPD Green - Ballistics
Billy Bob & Mime
Polaroid Co-Host
Vacuum Cleaner Sharks
Marvel School of Hairdressing
Donut Shop Guy
Intercom Trickster
Billy Bob & Joan
Eating Pie
Have You Seen My Brother?
Bag of Eyes
Grandma's Tongue Brushing Tips
Bike Accident I
The Philosopher
Dan the Man
Hold the Light
NYPD Green - Under Desk
Movie Theatre Sneak In
3AM Fire in Parents Bed
You're British
Bike Accident II
Dead Moose
Parents Revenge
Port Hope Lady
Policeman Cow Suck

I do not like this snl

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I do not like this snl

3AM Fire in Parents Bed

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The raisins episode had a couple of subliminal messages if you were quick enough with the vcr freeze frame.

Could be mistaken for :nws: at a glance.

http://i.imgur.com/QiSnDkQ.jpg

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

The raisins episode had a couple of subliminal messages if you were quick enough with the vcr freeze frame.

Could be mistaken for :nws: at a glance.

http://i.imgur.com/QiSnDkQ.jpg

Get the gently caress out of gbs and the forums in general say nothing

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Aesop Poprock posted:

Get the gently caress out of gbs and the forums in general say nothing

Yes, Say Nothing, you're too good for us here with your encyclopedic recollection of cartoon boobs. :getout: while you still can

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
We are all enriched by Say Nothing saying something.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Sifl & Olly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wait really? I know the CKY stuff was out before Tom green but I always viewed jackass as like a year or two later than him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnyVE1go2vs&hd=1

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar
The bootleg home made DVD that was like TV rips from Canada was way better than the piece of poo poo one they eventually released commercially.

Also drink for everytime Dashboard Confessional plays in the first episode.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Sam Hyde is actually a failed Tom Green clone that got some Hitler DNA by mistake

mind the walrus posted:

The only two things I remember about Tom Green are thus:

1. The stupid Bum-Bum song.

2. The end of an episode where Tom followed some random audience member home with a camera crew and stayed until the novelty wore off and everyone was screaming at him to go home. It was actually p funny at the time, but then again I was like 12 so any dumb poo poo was funny to me then.

Freddy Got Fingered is amazing both as a film and as a troll on the studio film system at large.

Also a lot of his goofs were later copied by Jackass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjDLMC5dz1w

Him melting down about Fox News thinking Canada didn't have an army was pretty funny

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

mind the walrus posted:

I grew up around people who loved the late-90s WB teen stuff like Dawson's Creek, Buffy, Felicity, and Gilmore Girls so the Joan/Abe stuff had me in goddamn stitches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmZGwtPVwN0

The voice of the kidney was done by Michael J Fox which is a great needless cameo

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

not even Canadians care about Tom Green

Apparently someone forgot about Organized Rhyme :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-INN_BC74

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

ghosthorse posted:

The voice of the kidney was done by Michael J Fox which is a great needless cameo

IIRC the small roles were just whoever had a free minute from the set of scrubs at the time, and I think Michael J Fox had a cameo in that too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A lot of Clone High voices double over from Scrubs. Donald Faison in particular does recurring characters Toots and George Washington Carver. The Janitor in OP's clip was also the guy who played the Janitor on Scrubs.

As I said one of the heads on Clone High was Bill Lawerence who also made Scrubs and Spin City. Michael J. Fox was the lead on Spin City and a bunch of those actors would cameo on Scrubs. Plus the peeps who did Joan of Arc and Ghandi were both MAD TV mainstays at the time and also did significant cameos on Scrubs. It's typical "in the family" casting you see with a lot of crews in entertainment that work well together. See also-- Adam Sandler's crew, the Seth Rogen/James Franco crew, Kevin Smith's pool of sad sacks, etc.

And since I'm no music nerd I am going to be unapologetic in saying that the guitar work in the Drowning Pools theme song is :krad: as all gently caress.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo I just learned abe is will forte

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

xsuperkidx posted:

The bootleg home made DVD that was like TV rips from Canada was way better than the piece of poo poo one they eventually released commercially.

Teletoon!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The only person I've ever seen dislike Clone High was a dude on some forum I read years back that went to animation school with the creators and had some weird grudge against them, swearing that they were no good and that the only reason they got Clone High was because their parents had connections in the industry.

Of course then they went on to become hitmakers with Cloudy and 21 Jump Street and Lego Movie so he was probably full of poo poo. Even better, the dude that was throwing shade at them was someone who spent years working on Delgo, one of the biggest flops in animation history.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

xsuperkidx posted:

I made a bootleg VCD collection of Clone High because DVD burners weren't a thing yet, and I needed that tasty piece of bitch.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
BLACK & TAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bust Rodd posted:

BLACK & TAN

Say what.