Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Grant DaNasty posted:

We better careful now when we create funny photoshops or gifs. Trump might find it and tweet it.

This is the logical progression from that time we pissed off Sarah Palin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Turdsdown Tom posted:

is CNN loving serious? why is everyone loving retarded in this new age bizarro world we now live in

yeah, why should we know where the stupid rear end thing the President of the United States tweeted came from.

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Accountability on the internet. What a concept.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

Haha yeah, doxxing and blackmail is cool!

It's in the game, don't pretend this changes your opinion of CNN lol

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Read on other sites it's a veteran in his 40s, so the "they're protecting a kid" angle kinda goes out the window. They should have just named the dude.

murder him :D

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
The odds of this individual's name not being known within a week strikes me as low.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The president is a retard and the source for his lunacy is irrelevant. The gif was completely harmless and cnn reaction is pathetic

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah, why should we know where the stupid rear end thing the President of the United States tweeted came from.

Why would this matter? And in any case I highly doubt the President got it straight off reddit; I'm sure it came to him from somewhere else.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

that gif will now be the background that plays on CSPAN as they play the national anthem

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pawn 17 posted:

Look at what happened to Ken Bone. Dude made some pretty innocuous comments on Reddit and the media treated him like the reincarnation of Hitler. The media dragging a private citizen's name through the mud will mean they will almost certainly be fired and unhireable, could gently caress up the lives of their family/kids and make them an outcast in their community.

Welcome to the grim cyberpunk future.

Now you will comply and obey or we the media, the unelected fourth estate of the realm, will publicly crucify you and ruin your life

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
imagine my shock when the gbs nazis are all going to bat for the guy to continue posting racist poo poo on the internet

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Blue Train posted:

The president is a retard and the source for his lunacy is irrelevant. The gif was completely harmless and cnn reaction is pathetic

The only reason someone as unlikable as Trump is the President in the first place is because his enemies found a way to be even more unlikable.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
CNN is Gamergate now ftw

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Phobophilia posted:

lol shut the gently caress up wikileaks doxxed random women in turkey

the point I'm making is that CNN just swung a bat at a hornets nest way better suited at this then they are, but cool for assuming I endorse it I guess

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress this gay earth

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

myDad posted:

lmao what a loving world

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The Landstander posted:

The odds of this individual's name not being known within a week strikes me as low.

It's already been passed around circles where his life will be miserable immediately.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

It's already been passed around circles where his life will be miserable immediately.

Yes... yessssss....

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

imagine my shock when the gbs nazis are all going to bat for the guy to continue posting racist poo poo on the internet

Yes. Tell us more about how bad this is, person with a racism prob and a racist av.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

The guy is trash but so is the way cnn is handling it

Grant DaNasty posted:

The only reason someone as unlikable as Trump is the President in the first place is because his enemies found a way to be even more unlikable.

:agreed:

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

lmao they are blackmailing him to shut up

Now I like that Trump tweet! MAGA!!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

somehow it's the guy's fault for making a funny gif and not the president's fault for tweeting it from his official account. you're loving delusional, and you're falling right into trump's trap. nice cognitive dissonance

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

lmao they are blackmailing him to shut up

This is insane.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fast cars loose anus posted:

Why would this matter? And in any case I highly doubt the President got it straight off reddit; I'm sure it came to him from somewhere else.

because its loving news. The President of the United States found something he liked and decided to share it with the world. I think people would like to know where it came from.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Phobophilia posted:

nearly everyone in this thread is bewildered that CNN is this loving dumb, no one is defending anything except you and one other mook taking up for idiots like Wolf Blitzer

just lmao

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Grant DaNasty posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqpzk-qGxMU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
8 more years :downs:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
CNN is a garbage tabloid and lmao if you think they're better than weekly world news at this point, I'm sure FAU will be along shortly to insist otherwise though

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This is insane.

Please explain

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

nearly everyone in this thread is bewildered that CNN is this loving dumb, no one is defending anything except you and one other mook taking up for idiots like Wolf Blitzer

just lmao

i 'm defending it

I'm cumming

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Turdsdown Tom posted:

somehow it's the guy's fault for making a funny gif and not the president's fault for tweeting it from his official account. you're loving delusional, and you're falling right into trump's trap. nice cognitive dissonance

I don't think you know what any of those words mean

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
https://twitter.com/ImWithMAGA/status/882435826348695552

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
fun note at least the guy seems remoseful and only into the movement because it gave him attention, its not like other retards arent afraid to attach their real names to threats to murder muslims and mexicans

and as soon as he shows remorse the t_d mods deleted it

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how did they doxx anyone? You assholes don't actually know what doxx means do you?

*guy posts poorly photoshopped CNN logo over a wrestling gif*

*president enjoys it, retweets*

*CNN uses all resources at their disposal to find out real identity of tweeter, blackmails him and threatening to ruin his life*

YOU LIKE, DON'T KNOW WHAT DOXXING IS DO YOU LOL DURRRRRRR

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

Lol

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

because its loving news. The President of the United States found something he liked and decided to share it with the world. I think people would like to know where it came from.

I would be willing to bet serious money that the vast majority of people could not give the tiniest gently caress. It's not like tweeting that gif is an endorsement of everything the guy who made it ever said.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I don't get why CNN is the badguy here. They are not printing a falsehood. If you expect journalists to act honorably then lol. A free press should be free to be ruthless and underhanded if it gets them a hot scoop or w/e

if you don't like it don't watch it. Welcome to America bitch!!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL at the bitch idiots clutching pearls and crying "blackmail" and "slander" at CNN for reporting on a news story looking into the origins of violent rhetoric retweeted by the sitting president?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
To me, it doesn't look like the other side has any options but to escalate in response lmfao

• Locked thread