Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

NASCAR, Indy and F1 are all on this this weekend, I'm going to enjoy watching all the racists

They will probably steal the trophy from black race car driver Louis Hamilton again so they can give it to Sebastian Vettel, Aryan representing the vaterland in race car built by another axis power. drat racists. 22 drivers, 20 whites. F1 has the most racist grid of all the racists i bet, as befits the queen of motorsports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

whoa dude, just chill and watch the racists go around the track

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is the best thread about race I have ever seen in GBS and I am not joking or exaggerating.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
u voted for obama thinkin u were getting an expansion pack but all u got was a new skin for ur predator drone

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is the best thread about race I have ever seen in GBS and I am not joking or exaggerating.

Ugh is it actually worth reading?

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

"Russia sends your astronauts to space. Russia didn't send your president into office."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Over There posted:

Ugh is it actually worth reading?

Nothing ever created by Man is ever worth reading.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just read this thread and I’m very disappointed in your opinion

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ape Fist posted:

It does feel like racism is back and bigger than ever. Well racism never went away but it does feel bigger than ever. The 'We Wuz Kangz' meme is a combination of some stuff Kanye said iirc doubled up on by the internet sub-culture called 'Hoteps' which is basically kind a weird black Alt-Right who claim that virtually every single thing that has ever happened or was invented in history is somehow the ownership of Black people + also that the Pyramids are/were space ships or something.

There's a guy at work who constantly feels the need to remind everyone that rap music was actually created by white people. Also blues and jazz. Also dreadlocks. Also everything else ever created.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Donald Trump was elected and their brains broke. Not necessarily in that order.

Vlonald Prump posted:

I used to think that liberals were crying wolf about opposition to Obama being motivated by racism but after watching my cousin's brain get progressively more damaged over 8 years I'm convinced there's a sizeable fraction of opposition that was just sheer racism and nothing more

My cousin went from an apolitical guy to screaming about "dopey big- eared Niggama" and "the monkey President"

For some reason I don't think he got all bent out of shape over Solyndra and every other minor scandal purely out of a civic interest in saving taxpayer's money

It's definitely tainted how I view Obama's critics, like I can't help but wonder how many of them go home and make similar rants to their families after hitting the sauce

Every weekend without fail there was some chucklefuck living near me that would roll out to the coast highway and cover his car with MICHELLE OBAMA IS A TRANNY MUSLIM TERRORIST signs and wave them at passersby.

Yeah they're just deranged. To be fair there are people on the left that are deranged, too. Kinda just what you get when you neglect your citizens' health (physical and mental) and education though obviously there will always be crazies.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 14, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

NASCAR, Indy and F1 are all on this this weekend, I'm going to enjoy watching all the racists

something something Lewis Hamilton

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That said Obama did a lot of bad poo poo and as far as presidents go I feel like he just continued most of the Bush era policies with some lip service to social equality.

At best you could say he helped prevent a total meltdown during the financial crisis. Of course the president doesn't really control the economy to nearly the degree people think so I don't really want to give him much credit for that.

Minorities and poor people didn't really benefit from having a black president as far as I can tell. Kinda just seemed like business as usual.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

That said Obama did a lot of bad poo poo and as far as presidents go I feel like he just continued most of the Bush era policies with some lip service to social equality.

At best you could say he helped prevent a total meltdown during the financial crisis. Of course the president doesn't really control the economy to nearly the degree people think so I don't really want to give him much credit for that.

Minorities and poor people didn't really benefit from having a black president as far as I can tell. Kinda just seemed like business as usual.

Things got way worse under Obama.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For the average person I'd say that's more or less true. At best it isn't worse than it was but things are definitely not improving. Varies by area of course but yeah significant parts of the country haven't really recovered from the financial crisis almost a decade ago.

It's hilarious hearing people go 'just work harder get a jobbb' when my engineer friends making $90k+ a year still need roommates. The rent is too drat high.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

something something Lewis Hamilton

something something 1st loving post on this page

Also 2/20 good ratio guys.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I don't think Obama was solely the catalyst, though for some yeah prolly, but I'll be damned if the lack of media criticism and the not so subtle hints of "you're a racist" if you did criticize him didn't make a whole bunch of people just go "well gently caress it, I guess that word has no meaning anymore so sure whatevs"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i respectfully disagree

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

For the average person I'd say that's more or less true. At best it isn't worse than it was but things are definitely not improving. Varies by area of course but yeah significant parts of the country haven't really recovered from the financial crisis almost a decade ago.

It's hilarious hearing people go 'just work harder get a jobbb' when my engineer friends making $90k+ a year still need roommates. The rent is too drat high.

Yeah there's too many zoning regulations so no ones building houses and apartments anymore, or not nearly enough to meet with demand. Rich city liberals in their gated communities love it though because their property value just goes up up UP!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

ruddiger posted:

something something 1st loving post on this page

Also 2/20 good ratio guys.

sorry I don't know who Louis Hamilton is

Lewis Hamilton is an F1 racist

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

COMRADES posted:

The situation for LGBTs got a lot better. Though how much credit to give Obama for this is up for debate. I think Obama saw himself like FDR, who was willing to desegregate the arms industry but on the condition that A. Philip Randolph pushed him to do it. Not exactly profiles in courage there but it was progress of a kind. But it made sense. The point is to encourage a social movement to push the president into doing stuff.

Though I think the office of the presidency is basically, fundamentally incompatible with resolving social problems in a top-down manner.

Kinda interested to see what history's verdict will be in a decade or two.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If it wasn't for Katrina I wonder whether Obama would've been elected. The Republicans let a majority-black city drown. It's kinda distant but that was totally horrible and traumatic, and unlike 9/11 was 100 percent our own drat fault.

Also it flooded the SA servers if I remember right.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Mozi posted:

i respectfully disagree

THIS MAKES ME UNREASONABLY ANGRY!

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

hi, I'm here to talk seriously in the race war thread

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

If it wasn't for Katrina I wonder whether Obama would've been elected. The Republicans let a majority-black city drown. It's kinda distant but that was totally horrible and traumatic, and unlike 9/11 was 100 percent our own drat fault.

I'd agree with this but then again I think people really forget that Katrina was a one-two punch of biblical storm and infrastructure everyone knew was lacking

Bush hosed it up but I don't think any President would have handled it in a drastically better way, plus remember that Mayor Nagin was a complete loving idiot, too, and is currently serving a ten year sentence for a wide range of crimes lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Brewmaster posted:

THIS MAKES ME UNREASONABLY ANGRY!

i'm open to a race war if you are. hope we're of different races tho, otherwise that could spell trouble

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Molothecat posted:

hi, I'm here to talk seriously in the race war thread

forza or gran tourismo?

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

forza or gran tourismo?

plz this is not a joke.

Obama Obama Obama trump trump trump trump communism Bernie Sanders false flag

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

forza or gran tourismo?

forza it's not even close

however both are arcade games and not simulations like you'll find on the PC MASTER RACE

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

someones never heard of mossads weather machine

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Cnut the Great posted:

I've worked my fair share of blue-collar jobs and so many of the white guys were just casually, disgustingly racist. The black guys were too, only against the Hispanics. The Hispanics mostly didn't speak English so I can't really vouch for them other than hearing the occasional "gringo" or "culero" directed our way, but the ones who did speak English were mostly pretty cool and nice. The white guys and black guys always got along real well even though in private the white guys would say racist anti-black poo poo, but everyone was pretty passive-aggressively lovely to the Hispanic guys all the time, especially the exclusively Spanish-speaking ones.

I'm not really sure what point I'm making here, but this is my limited personal experience with race relations among the common folk of America.

I started a post about how weird racism gets with respect to hispanics but left to eat and then didn't want to finish it.

I'll just say that mexicans are generally super racist against black people and they even make fun of the shorter, darker mexicans from places like Oaxaca. My dad has gotten less racist over the years and most of his friends are black now lol. He also worked with those casually racist white guys most of his life and is good friends with a number of them too. He still makes the racist asian noises to the workers at the asian store he always goes to tho. :sigh:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

forza it's not even close

however both are arcade games and not simulations like you'll find on the PC MASTER RACE

I can't wait to read your ten pages of posts in this thread by the end of the day.

Just kidding, have fun living in gbs.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

ruddiger posted:

I can't wait to read your ten pages of posts in this thread by the end of the day.

Just kidding, have fun living in gbs.

have you figured out how to use a calendar yet

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

PC MASTER RACE

we found it thread, this is worst race, hands down.

(and yes, it's forza)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Yeah there's too many zoning regulations so no ones building houses and apartments anymore, or not nearly enough to meet with demand. Rich city liberals in their gated communities love it though because their property value just goes up up UP!

Housing supply is part of it, but a lot of it has to do with the fact that the really desirable places to live which are also affordable are few and far between. Nobody wants to live in a mcmansion on a postage stamp sized lot out in the exurbs anymore, so the cities are getting flooded with new, relatively prosperous residents. Those new city dwellers with dual high-5/low-6 figure incomes are who developers are chasing right now.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah and they're pushing out the locals who have lived there for years. It's bullshit. Destroying communities.

Aside from that the property values go up so all the landlords crank your rent year to year. It's happening so fast that they don't even want you on a 12 month lease anymore, 10 is preferred. At least where I am.

Seize these 1001 golf courses and put up some rent controlled housing people can actually afford.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
It's the liberal media and the backlash to their bullshit over the last 10 years. They like it like this and they are not going to stop. It will only get worse.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

breaklaw posted:

It's the liberal media and the backlash to their bullshit over the last 10 years. They like it like this and they are not going to stop. It will only get worse.

For you what constitutes the "liberal media" and what nefarious poo poo they've been up to seems like it's self-evident, but I don't have any idea what you're on about.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
the use of the phrase 'liberal media' implies an extended exposure to Fox News, a propaganda network for the continued empowerment of rich white males

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi posted:

the use of the phrase 'liberal media' implies an extended exposure to Fox News, a propaganda network for the continued empowerment of rich white males

Lmao do you actually believe this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
.... which part?

but yes, and yes.

also i've seen you around and though you were just another one of those idiotic trollers but maybe you're actually stupid enough to be for real. i'm sorry for that.

• Locked thread