Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The Secret Aardvark habanero hot sauce is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Trump.mp4 posted:

Now that is exactly what I requested, thank you.

only issue is I've only ever found it in small bottles and cause it isn't that hot I end up using it pretty quickly as it's good on almost everything.

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

only issue is I've only ever found it in small bottles and cause it isn't that hot I end up using it pretty quickly as it's good on almost everything.

I like how Franks Red Hot Saunce is not that hot as well so this is perfect.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Is it possible to level up your heat resistances? I want to up my game and try the big dog ghost pepper hot sauces but i'm still getting owned by the habanero based stuff and i fear i may never be able to hang with the big boys

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ROFLburger posted:

Is it possible to level up your heat resistances? I want to up my game and try the big dog ghost pepper hot sauces but i'm still getting owned by the habanero based stuff and i fear i may never be able to hang with the big boys

It's just a consistency thing, if you have enough hot stuff it basically temporarily destroys the receptors for heat in your mouth so you can keep going hotter and hotter, but if you go for a while without eating spicy things your tolerance drops. I don't really think there's anything worthwhile just going for heat though, imo once you hit the point where it's just "rear end bleeding extracts" it's more about your small penis than flavors.

For me I have a bad habit of inhaling food so I sorta got into spicier stuff to force myself to slow down. I found myself enjoying the flavors that accompanied with spicy stuff so I ended up developing a decent tolerance to it. Even tho I do have a ghost pepper sauce I usually only use like a drop of it to add an extra kick to other milder sauces that I find more flavorful. Chili oil in pho shops was prolly my main tolerance spike cause I find that poo poo so delicious that i'd put way too much in and be red and sweating through the entire bowl but drat it's just so good i can't help myself.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The biggest problem is that they can oxidize over time and lose their vibrant red coloring and piquant freshness. The solution? Purge your hot sauc bottles with nitrogen or else reseal them under vacuum. There are a number of wine storage devices that can do this conveniently. It's a little extra work, but I think you will see the difference if you have a large collection which it's hard to rotate through quickly.

Lol that you think any normal person is gonna track down, buy, and use wine nitrogen/vacuum storage devices on loving hot sauce. Stick that poo poo in the fridge, you nerd, it tastes fine.

That post is nitrogen-purged vacuum sealed autism.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Chili oil in pho shops was prolly my main tolerance spike cause I find that poo poo so delicious that i'd put way too much in and be red and sweating through the entire bowl but drat it's just so good i can't help myself.

you're god drat right it is

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Regular black, table pepper is plenty hot enough for me and where I draw the line. Thank you.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vakal posted:

Regular black, table pepper is plenty hot enough for me and where I draw the line. Thank you.

Vakal only had one weakness…

…flavor of any kind

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Honky Dong Country posted:

Lol that you think any normal person is gonna track down, buy, and use wine nitrogen/vacuum storage devices on loving hot sauce. Stick that poo poo in the fridge, you nerd, it tastes fine.

That post is nitrogen-purged vacuum sealed autism.

:thejoke:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

Vakal only had one weakness…

…flavor of any kind

It's true. I blame my Irish heritage.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Listen if any bacteria or viruses can grow in one of my bottles of hot sauces, fair play to that poo poo, it's earned a chance against my immune system

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Ah poo poo, my bad.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Vakal posted:

It's true. I blame my Irish heritage.

don't use that as a cop out. I'm descended from Island Whitey stock myself and I can't get enough of this stuff.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Trump.mp4 posted:

Can someone recommend a good hot sauce after this post but not before it, please?

Marie Sharp's is good too

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Care Bear Stairs posted:

Marie Sharp's is good too

gently caress yes. My man.

e: currently on my hot sauce shelf are Melinda's Ghost, Naga Jolokia, Red Savina, and the XXX.

e2: a nice thing about Melinda's is they show up all the time at TJ Maxx so whenever my wife drags me in there I can usually find myself a treat

e3: sweet christ https://melindas.com/product/melindas-original-habanero-xxxxtra-reserve-hot-sauce-gallon/ :getin:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 22, 2017

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I;m thinking about thot Sonce

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The biggest problem is that they can oxidize over time and lose their vibrant red coloring and piquant freshness. The solution? Purge your hot sauc bottles with nitrogen or else reseal them under vacuum. There are a number of wine storage devices that can do this conveniently. It's a little extra work, but I think you will see the difference if you have a large collection which it's hard to rotate through quickly.

Retarded AND sucks balls. What a combo you got going on there buddy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've been fuckin with hot sauce at events for decades. The real key for me is to develop something with a suuuuper slow burn. Anyone can make something thats too hot and everyone feels sick and stops. But a heat that starts with other flavors majorly forward, then grows and grows, makes for a fun social experience as each person "comes up" on the heat trip and discusses their sensations.

Would love to hear other's successes with this. For me it's a loooong low heat cooking session with hot sauce, and something pleasant like brown sugar to overwhelm the heat at first.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 22, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

You guys ever make your own hot sauces? I'm growing a shitload of hot pepps and I'm gonna a give it a try

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ROFLburger posted:

You guys ever make your own hot sauces? I'm growing a shitload of hot pepps and I'm gonna a give it a try

Don't you have to seal the peppers in a cask for like 5 years?

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
Frontera hot sauce with these ingredients (it comes under different names and labels depending on where you buy it) is delicious. Medium heat, smoky and nutty taste, thick enough that it stays on the food.

Ingredients
Filtered water, cider vinegar, toasted pumpkin seeds, arbol chiles, sesame seed paste, dried red chile, fresh garlic, salt, herbs and spices.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Vakal posted:

Don't you have to seal the peppers in a cask for like 5 years?
its not like were going anywhere are we????

tough stains
May 23, 2007

Desire gets the upper hand over insight and foresight and the results are often needless entanglement.
Frank's is returning to the motherland as the UK company that owned it sold its food business to McCormick, maker of stale tasteless spices and herbs.

tough stains
May 23, 2007

Desire gets the upper hand over insight and foresight and the results are often needless entanglement.
Also, ketchup (tomato sauce) is Chinese ...

http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/2103418/when-china-invented-ketchup-300bc-and-how-it-morphed

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Wow, cultural appropriation rears its ugly tomato-based head.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

ArbitraryC posted:

Really nice flavor, on the lighter side of heat. Basically exactly as advertised.

Yucatan Sunshine is probably the best sauce you can buy off the shelf in the supermarket. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que's Devil's Duel is a great mustard-based sauce that's pretty easy to find nowadays. I feel strongly about these two things.

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 22, 2017

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

everything that ever was or will be was made by God and mankind just has to discover things :)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i just bought this and its really loving good

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
yeah that was a happy surprise when i put in MEATLUST.COM the first few times

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Drunk & Ugly posted:

yeah that was a happy surprise when i put in MEATLUST.COM the first few times

Same but OXBALLS.COM

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Kelp Me! posted:

e: currently on my hot sauce shelf are Melinda's Ghost, Naga Jolokia, Red Savina, and the XXX.
I too have a selection of Melinda's. The Naga Jolokia is the best though, so little imparts so much flavor (not just raw heat, but plenty of that too).

But I also agree with the OP's statement that Franks Red Hot Saunce is Good, in the right context. I wouldn't smear a Melinda-brand saunce over a crispy fried thing. A splash of Franks saunce on a pile of fries is good too.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Same but OXBALLS.COM

that was a mean trick :mad:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Franks Red Hot is tasty yes but they should really rename it to Franks White Hot because it's what white people think is hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's good but his hot Wang sauce is even better

• Locked thread