Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Unlucky posted:

starfire is hot do a movie with her

she better be hot though

Sorry, Jastiger pulled some strings. Star fire will be played by Lena Dunham and Raven will be played by Aubrey Plaza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Why does anything even matter when Galactus/Darkseid are just going to demolish everything? smdh

fruit on the bottom posted:

Sorry, Jastiger pulled some strings. Star fire will be played by Lena Dunham and Raven will be played by Aubrey Plaza.
That man has no loving decency.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i know we've rehashed the snyderverse a million times, but there's just been so many loving missed opportunities

like how much cooler would the fight with zod have been if instead of them throwing each other off satellites and destroying metropolis, you just had two guy wailing on each other, exhausted, like the end of the doomsday comics?

they don't need to fly around, just have them throwing haymakers. you can even end it the same way, except maybe have a crowd show up instead of just some random white people in a train station.

you've already destroyed smallville and had that gravity gun pulping civilians in the street.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There is something really satisfying about watching two juggernauts exhaust themselves to the point that that it just become an endurance slugfest

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I hope it's just two hours of superheroes slaughtering the innocent. Again.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Kuato posted:

Is there anyone here that likes those movies? I was tempted to try and be contrarian and say they're good but was like, nah, trolling attempt would be too obvious.

i know this was posted a few pages ago but irl i know someone who liked batman v superman because it

a. had batman in it
b. batman killed people with guns
c. batman killed people with his car
d. batman killed people with his fists (possibly)
e. it was dark and gritty and he felt this made it more adult

so yes, people who like those movies are out there. and yes, they can vote.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
He was punching peoples heads through floorboards some of those guys definitely didn't make it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Man of Steel is a piece of poo poo if just for the IHOP scene.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
They died in the hospital after weeks of suffering

sorry maam your thug son has died, from batmans pumellings. also here's the bill for his care, you're bankrupt now.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Supreme Allah posted:

They died in the hospital after weeks of suffering

sorry maam your thug son has died, from batmans pumellings. also here's the bill for his care, you're bankrupt now.

when you think about it, batman is kind of an egomaniacal lunatic.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

One thing I'm kind of sick of seeing in superhero movies is everyone lives in cushy houses and apartments. Even the '78 Superman is guilty of having Lois Lane, a newspaper reporter, living in a penthouse.

That's one good thing about the Raimi Spider-Man movies because Peter lived in a lovely apartment and his aunt and uncle didn't fare much better. He even had to go to a laundromat to clean his costume and barely went by on pizza deliveries.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Honestly I was always a DC fan, but all of their live-action movies since maybe the first Nolan Batman have just sucked out loud. Their animated movies are much better, but that's not what's getting released in theaters.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dark knight is far better than batman begins but i don't think those count in the dc "expanded universe" since ben affleck is batman and jared leto is joker now (lol)

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

dark knight is far better than batman begins but i don't think those count in the dc "expanded universe" since ben affleck is batman and jared leto is joker now (lol)

Don't be disrespecting the grill dawg

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Don't be disrespecting the grill dawg

The explanation for that was Batman knocked all his teeth out.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Cephalectomy posted:

All of these comic book movies are bland boring trash

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

There is something really satisfying about watching two juggernauts exhaust themselves to the point that that it just become an endurance slugfest

It is a metaphor for the DC vs. Marvel movies rivalry, except that would end with them kissing and fusing into one blob.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Spider-Man 3 is the best comic book movie because it had emo spider man and venom in it

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

I'm just glad they've apparently decided to embrace Flash as having blast at basically the whole gig. I don't think I could handle a full on Snyder!Flash

they seem to have given barry wally's character. that's okay because barry was one of those boring mid-20th century heroes with no real personality. i'm actually looking forward to seeing what snyder does with flash; say what you will about his movies but some of his visuals are pretty striking.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Still can't get over how they just gave it to Joss Whedon. They just gave up trying to fight him.

I mean, it's a good idea, probably. Now it will be mediocre and obscenely successful instead of awful but still somehow successful.

edit: http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-joss-whedon-director-credit/

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 24, 2017

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Egbert Souse posted:

Man of Steel is a piece of poo poo if just for the IHOP scene.

the actions scenes in m o steel were good if you could ignore all the people dying. honestly that really discordant bit could've been salvaged if you'd just put in a bit more with superman trying and failing to save more people rather than focusing on hitting zod as hard as he could.

i enjoyed the us military being built up like michael bay's quasi-recruitment video coverage of the armed forces, then it gets to them engaging with that hot eastern european chick and the giant and they get totally gorilla raped.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
superman's loving parents tho lol.

[sad, doubtful superman to his mum]
hmm, mum, should i help?
[hard-boiled bitch of a mother]
who gives a poo poo! the human race doesn't deserve you anyway!
[thoughtfully, while brooding]
hmm, fair enough.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Neurosis posted:

hmm, mum, should i help?
hmm, fair enough.

After the Joss Whedon reshoots:

hmm, mum, should i help?
you should probably do the thing. you know, the flying thing? just - woosh. woosh on in there and do the saving thing.
heh, well alright!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
why is superman british

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pitdragon posted:

when you think about it, batman is kind of an egomaniacal lunatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1PMVvfjDM

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

had to watch past the first minute to determine the guy was actually joking around, because you could write an article on vox or salon seriously arguing that and no one would bat an eye.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurosis posted:

hmm, mum, should i help?
hmm, fair enough.

i like how zach snyder is so stupid he didn't get that superman's dad dies from a heart attack in every other version because it's to show no matter how powerful superman is he can't save everyone from everything. dude just died in a tornado he coulda saved his dad without anyone even noticing.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ArbitraryC posted:

Wonder woman was good

I liked how it comes off as they basically wanted to set it in WW2 with Nazis but late in preproduction did a search and replace for WWI.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Super hero movies are the best. I've never ever seen a bad one and I don't think it's even possible to make a bad one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I liked how it comes off as they basically wanted to set it in WW2 with Nazis but late in preproduction did a search and replace for WWI.

my friend at work got pissed because she was sure it was ww2 when arguing with her cousin and felt dumb when her cousin turned out to be right.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
it had to be WWI, imagine if it was WWII

"a worldwide war of unprecedented scale, except for that other one that we somehow missed? this must be the work of Aries and/or Hitler!"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Gone Fission posted:

it had to be WWI, imagine if it was WWII

"a worldwide war of unprecedented scale, except for that other one that we somehow missed? this must be the work of Aries and/or Hitler!"

Also "There's not just ONE badguy responsible for it, we're all to blame!" is maybe not a good WW2 message.

Could argue it's true. Still not the best message for a movie, imo.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

"No, this is not WWII, it's not good guys vs. badguys, he said it was and we made it look like it was, but we tricked you!" is a major plotpoint. It's intentional. They use the WW1 setting and also the fact that the audience doesn't really get the difference between that and WW2 effectively.

"lol, WW1 didn't HAVE a hitler, you dummies, did you really think it did?" is pretty much a line in the film.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 24, 2017

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Pitdragon posted:

why is superman british

symbolism: america can only be free once we extricate ourselves from it

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Star fire will be played by Alexandra Daddario and Raven will be played by Aubrey Plaza.

fixed lol

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
When I was a child DC was garbage tier comics. As an adult DC is garbage tier movies.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I don't give a single poo poo about comic book movies and it's hard for me to wrap my head around people having complex opinions beyond "I want to see that movie" or "I probably won't see that movie", op

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

they should just get the arrowverse guys to make the movies

give them an actual budget and they can do some cool poo poo

there definitely shouldn't be two different flashes and supermen running around, and the tv ones are my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

Super hero movies are the best. I've never ever seen a bad one and I don't think it's even possible to make a bad one.

You just made Billy Zane so happy.

• Locked thread