Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you care about Ruby Ridge?
The federal government hosed up and murdered two people
If you care about this you're probably a skinhead, just sayin'
View Results

• Locked thread
David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Maybe I'm just speaking from an unassailable position of straight cis white male privilege, but as I see it the people who are most able to gently caress up my life aren't the reclusive whackos living in a log cabin deep in the rear end end of Idaho, but rather the federal government (of whichever country you'd like). As such, I hold them to a much, much higher standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

ruby ridge and waco become utter slapstick comedy once you are presented with even a cursory and incomplete account of the move bombing

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2D1Pyjv5Q&t=408s

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

papa_november posted:

ruby ridge and waco become utter slapstick comedy once you are presented with even a cursory and incomplete account of the move bombing

become?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

papa_november posted:

The MOVE bombing was even worse because like one or two people of authority actually tried to behave like decent human beings during the worst of it and got ostracized for rescuing black children.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

papa_november posted:

Yeah but in that case the "right people" were killed by police.

Face it - had Randy Weaver been anyone besides a white gun-toting fundamentalist with white supremacist leanings the overall narrative would be "well he should have just done literally whatever the police asked him to do and his wife and son would still be alive today."

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just watched the documentary. Shits hosed up.

Shouldn't have broken the law but the government hosed up big time. lol 10 special agents, the best of the best, and all they can do is kill a mother holding her child and make the situation 10 times worse.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

yeah those are idiots that were attracted, but if the government knew how to deal with doomsday cults we wouldn't have that problem, would we

dang, look at that backpedaling

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
lol AND it was the undercover agent that asked him to make the illegal shotgun for him.

So the ATF tried to get Weaver to commit a crime, then blackmail him into being an informant, which would probably have gotten him killed anyway.

ATF trying to give the CIA a run for their money.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Thr ATF has always been laughably incompetent. From their technical division constantly changing their minds to modern fuckups like Fast and Furious

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
We are talking about the guys that registered a shoe string as an automatic weapon.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
New York Times has a nice Retro Report video about this.

They also have one on Waco.

I'm a sucker for old news footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jubs posted:

New York Times has a nice Retro Report video about this.

They also have one on Waco.

I'm a sucker for old news footage.

Lol if you don't have your own VHS library of it

• Locked thread