Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
But it isn't made of real cocks :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pawn 17 posted:

Fun fact: Sriracha was invented by Bear Grylls when one night surviving in the desert he had only a jar of hot sauce and his knife. Bear was dehydrated from a long day or surviving and he gathered some cactus to eat with his hot sauce. But Bear had no water to drink. In classic Bear Gyrlls style he decided to drink is own urine. But just as he was about to pee in his own mouth, an idea struck him. What if he peed in the hot sauce instead! Thus Siracha was born and Bear had the most delicious cactus meal of his life!

That's not how it happened :argh: you guys are being mean about a perfectly ok and unique sauce. It is not perfect and shouldn't be on everything but it is fine

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Harakiri Potter posted:

I was sitting at a lunch counter at a deli when this fat security guard couldn't get his Sriracha bottle unclogged. I'd never seen a bottle of it at the diner. The dude brought it in himself. He shook it and shook it, slammed it on the counter, called it a name and then squeezed it with both of his fists with the nozzle pointed down the counter towards people and shot it all over the place. He must have hit 5 people. He started giving out his business card to everyone who got hit with the poo poo, then had his meal put in a go container and hauled rear end.
:hellyeah:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's not how it happened :argh: you guys are being mean about a perfectly ok and unique sauce. It is not perfect and shouldn't be on everything but it is fine

The true part of that story is, Bear Grylls loves to drink piss

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i like to mix equal parts ranch with sriracha

SRIRANCHA!

:2bong:

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Nah it's good think of like a spicier ketchup replacement

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

i like to mix equal parts ranch with sriracha

SRIRANCHA!

:2bong:

That sounds yum.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i just ran into a bottle of this green habanero poo poo, genuinely hot and tastes drat fine

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
It's good. love it with pizza. stupid americans memed a sauce and butchered the market for sriracha-flavored things

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Hmm.
Ok.
So, I do like sriracha, it's garlicy and savory and i think it enhances food as opposed to vinegar based out sauce,
Which I hate and overpowers the dish constantly with vinegar. Vinegar only makes food worse usually, it's ok on southern food I guess. If I'm cooking at home I'm unlikely to use hot sauce at all unless I'm out of hot peppers, because I like to cook my food correctly (spicy and flavorful) the first time. It's more for covering up the flavor of
Terrible food, like in rehab (I brought a bottle with).
Sambal oelek is for sure better; even more so if you make it yourself, it's a very simple recipe. Chili garlic sauce is cool too. I don't think sriracha is too sweet, but it IS Thai, and Thai food tends to be sweeter.
The sriracha memers were annoying, and it was better when just oddballs and foodies knew about it.
Only people who haven't had actually spicy food think it's hot though, which is how all "hot" sauces are.
Stop coopting things I like and making them irritating, capitalism.

Oh and if your in college or homeless or whatever, sriracha and peanut butter in ramen is a pro move,its kinda like pad Thai, and since your homeless or a college student, it pairs nicely with a white trash Russian.
It's just chocolate milk and vodka.loved that drink when I was a teenager, lol.
Edit: sirracha and mayo on rice is good comfort food, had it from a food truck in New York

Ponies Ist Krieg fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 10, 2018

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Food industry magazines say 2018 flavor trends are going to be East Indian and East African.

Not kidding. So whatever flavors predominate there.

Good, that's two out of the three best cuisines.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i use sriracha for asian food and for like, veggies and poo poo

anyone who puts that poo poo on mexican food should be stoned to death

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have the exxtra large Franks bottle though. its great.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

traditionally hot sauce is served at a rolling boil

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Franks has one place.

The goddamn garbage.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sriracha ftw

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

Franks has one place.

The goddamn garbage.

anyone who doesnt like buffalo wings is not to be trusted

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Harakiri Potter posted:

I was sitting at a lunch counter at a deli when this fat security guard couldn't get his Sriracha bottle unclogged. I'd never seen a bottle of it at the diner. The dude brought it in himself. He shook it and shook it, slammed it on the counter, called it a name and then squeezed it with both of his fists with the nozzle pointed down the counter towards people and shot it all over the place. He must have hit 5 people. He started giving out his business card to everyone who got hit with the poo poo, then had his meal put in a go container and hauled rear end.

lmao

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

anyone who doesnt like buffalo wings is not to be trusted

I do I just like good ones.

(I'm just joshing but Franks isn't good for a lot more than this and usually I like other sauces)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i have some crazy Ethiopian hot sauce thats so hot even i cant do it

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my hot sauce list

franks - i like it on pizza and mixed with other stuff in my wing sauce
valentinas - gotta get the yellow and black bottles both. my gf's preferred brand. uses black for pizza and yellow for eggs
tapatio - my personal fave. great blend of the deep flavour of valentinas with the vineagaryness of franks
no6 - a local, I get a couple of their deeper flavour bottles to use, mostly as a seasoning. i like to get their arbol chili one and their green jalapeno one.
siracha - trash
sambal olek - good, use it instead of siracha in stirfries

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have a scorpion chili sauce I bought for 3 bucks. It tastes like burning and nothing else. I use it to spice up soup/curry/wings because I can use a much smaller amount than other hot sauces. Really cuts down on the chance of making it taste all vinegary.

I think I’ll use it in the sauce the next time I make sriracha hot wings.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
OH btw i just discovered you can make insanely good wings, better than fried at a resto, by putting a bit of baking powder and salt on them and baking on a rack.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It's pretty tasty imo

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Louisiana crystal is way better than franks for your bog standard hot sauce

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
gently caress

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

ketchup's pretty spicy.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

unpleasantly turgid posted:

ketchup's pretty spicy.

Mom??? Dad???? Most of my family because I live in the Midwest????

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

tomato hurts my tum tum :(

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

gonna make some super spicy chicken wingers this weekend and then bump the spicy butthole thread

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

Mom??? Dad???? Most of my family because I live in the Midwest????

my family doesn't go that far, but they're all p much bitches with spice. they're also from the midwest.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

sriracha is one of the only hot sauces i dont like

its got a weirdly sweet, yet earthy flavour. i can take one or the other but together its weird. there are better sweet hot sauces and better vinegary ones.

there was a great habanero hot sauce i tried that was made with kiwi fruit or some poo poo, but it had a good hit of heat but it didn't stick around past its welcome.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Only hot sauce I had that was actually hot was a unreadable green Mexican one I got at a food shelf.
I swear someone donated it as a joke, because it was pretty brutal. I haven't seen it before or since,
I'm guessing it was imported and procured from a mom and pops Mexican grocery store.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

hot cuck sauce

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Sid Vicious posted:

I like that it's a bit thicker like ketchup than a lot of other hot sauces, and it has a nice taste as well as a decent amount of spice. Plus it's 2 dollars for a bottle that lasts me a month or longer, can't go wrong there.

Who buys it? Doesn't everyone just steal it from the Noodles and Co down the street? Same with Tabasco and cholula from Chipotle.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Use Trader Joe's green dragon instead

It's not amazing or anything but it's miles ahead of cock sauce

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

all this talk about hot cocks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

all this talk about hot cocks

eat fresh! :grin:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's still good and I love putting it in asian dishes to give it a little kick. Also goes good with Mr Noodles.

But of course like everything popular these days people just had to go overboard with it and start making it a cornerstone of their existence because life in the 21st century is all about defining oneself though the food fashion and media they passively consume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
give these two a try for a change in your sriracha habit.

this one has fish sauce in it, try it if you like-a the fish sauce.

this one uses agave instead of sugar and you can really taste it.

broaden your horizons you cock guzzling nerds.

• Locked thread