Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

New Colossus is the most disappointing game I ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Tumble posted:

but the jonestown people are still like, white religious nutters yea?

Nah they're putting a bunch of races.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

*plays through Deus Ex for 15th time*

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

numberoneposter posted:

*plays through Deus Ex for 15th time*

Never a bad choice

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i really liked the new wolfensteins though they kick rear end and i loved the sorta cheesy, sorta serious, sometimes gruesome cut scenes that made you just WANNA KILL NAZIS!!!!!

waiting for new colossus to drop in price

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I lost interest in TNC when I died for the two dozenth time trying to get out of a locked courtroom while the Nazi lady yelled at me.

I enjoyed it well enough up until that point though. :shobon:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Is the multiplayer any good?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Over There posted:

From what I've read it's better than a lot of the VR games on the market right now.

I'm sure it's not even close to the same quality though

The tech caught up with VR but all the game devs are dragging it down with the pure lovely shovel ware.

The best game for VR remains Resident Evil 7 right now because it's the only truly complete, good game that happens to embrace it.

PS: Why the flying fuckedy gently caress hasn't Rockstar put out a GTA:VR yet? They already added all of the high-detail first person stuff it seems like a no-brainer.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

The tech caught up with VR but all the game devs are dragging it down with the pure lovely shovel ware.

The best game for VR remains Resident Evil 7 right now because it's the only truly complete, good game that happens to embrace it.

PS: Why the flying fuckedy gently caress hasn't Rockstar put out a GTA:VR yet? They already added all of the high-detail first person stuff it seems like a no-brainer.

I've wondered why at some point everyone decided that walking around will make you sick so they all have these janky rear end teleport movement systems that don't look fun at all, but RE7 was just like, nah gently caress it, and you just walk around normal and everyone seemed to like that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apparently Skyrim VR is the truth. It's the full game. Haven't played it tho

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im still too worried about interfacing my endocrine system with my graphics card for vr

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

Skyrim is complete, and I think I'll pick up RE7, but you're right we need more complete games.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
I don't understand why people thought the game was hard. It's not any harder than the first one so I dunno man.

The game was inferior to TNO but mostly in story only.

Also, any of you bitches get achievement for stomping hitler? It was the funniest part of the game since if you did stomp him, you couldn't continue the game.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Blazing Ownager posted:

GTA V is out of reach because you have to render it twice and keep it at a very steady and high framerate so you'd literally need like SLI 1080s to do it

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Halser posted:

just play Serious Sam 3 until you get Queen Hatshepsut

Gesundheit.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tumble posted:

GTA V is out of reach because you have to render it twice and keep it at a very steady and high framerate so you'd literally need like SLI 1080s to do it
the combined resolution of both screens is still no big whoop

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i got the feeling that tnc was unfinished. it really could have used another year of development to work on the gameplay and map design.

Would agree with this, the ending (as in the boss fight)was just too abrupt and boring and Venus kind of felt shoehorned in because the moon level was so cool from the previous one.

Still, killing Nazis is satisfying as gently caress.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

TNC is worth a playthrough to experience the story (which is great) and the game engine and art direction is also top notch.

I got sick of those Fallout 3-esque brown ruins pretty drat quick.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RE: Gameplay

Let me put it this way.

What does the game make you do when Nazis have taken you down to low health in Wolfenstein?
It makes you run away like a pussy and mash E at a bunch of junk in hopes that it's health packs/armor.

What does the game make you do when demons have taken you down to low health in DOOM?
It makes you play more agressively so you can break the face of the closest thing with a face.

One of these is extremely fun and the other isn't.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

RE: Gameplay

Let me put it this way.

What does the game make you do when Nazis have taken you down to low health in Wolfenstein?
It makes you run away like a pussy and mash E at a bunch of junk in hopes that it's health packs/armor.

what if the problem is actually the gameplayer getting shot too much

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wolfenstein having bad pacing isn't the fault of healthpacks and they're better than the irritating melee takedowns thing

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

poverty goat posted:

You bring up another excellent point. It's too difficult to not get hit since all the nazis shoot hitscan weapons while DOOM's demons are all dodgable projectile attacks. This is because DOOM is loving DOOM and New Colossus is a cover-shooter and not even a good one.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i quit tnc when my rabidly racist, violent dad was about to kill my dog. the game was trying way, way too hard.

later i heard that actually the game was gonna try even harder, and make me kill the dog. how loving desperate for pathos can you be

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

poverty goat posted:

If you're not getting shot then your difficulty is set way too low.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wolfenstein having bad pacing isn't the fault of healthpacks and they're better than the irritating melee takedowns thing

I don't know about you but I didn't really enjoy taking frequent breaks in the middle of a firefight to backtrack and hunt for dogfood and scrap metal.
Punching a very ugly face instead of all that was way more fun.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
TNC really did try too hard, though the part where BJ gets his loving head cut off in an execution on live TV, then retrieved by a little drone, then transplanted to the body of a Nazi super soldier grown in a tank was maybe one of the ballsiest narrative decisions I’ve ever seen in a big dumb shootmans game.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
why are there cutscenes and dialog longer than 10 seconds in my first person shooters

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Magnitogorsk. posted:

why are there cutscenes and dialog longer than 10 seconds in my first person shooters

Doom makes you sit through them and it's funny because the doom guy hates them too, so they know it's bad and dumb but put it in anyway for some reason

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Doom makes you sit through them and it's funny because the doom guy hates them too, so they know it's bad and dumb but put it in anyway for some reason

They should have just made him smash everything/everyone talking like they did in the beginning.

lol if I want lore in my FPS

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the worst thing about doom was that you couldn't tear the smug robot guy to pieces

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hey just popping in to say that VR actually friggin owns over the weekend i kept trying to play the new assassins creed but kept going back to Soundboxing and Fallout 4 VR, two truly fantastic games

thanks

edit: also DOOM owns too, wtf guys

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

bloodysabbath posted:

TNC really did try too hard, though the part where BJ gets his loving head cut off in an execution on live TV, then retrieved by a little drone, then transplanted to the body of a Nazi super soldier grown in a tank was maybe one of the ballsiest narrative decisions I’ve ever seen in a big dumb shootmans game.

isnt that the plot of quake iv

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the worst thing about doom was that you couldn't tear the smug robot guy to pieces

sequel :pray:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloodysabbath posted:

I like how they telegraphed the foreshadowing for that with the little cat monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
my brother once beat John Romero in pvp and then had dinner with them at their home

thanks for listening

• Locked thread