Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

its a good thing genetics works like there being a single gene for fighting dogs and another single gene for fighting people and that way there is no overlap between the concepts. according to you who is clearly not retarded
Perhaps it's not the dogs genetics that are to blame if a house pet bests you in combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The pitbulls body has a way of shutting down attack’s on humans instead of other dogs.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

It literally does you goddamn moron
holy lol you are dumb
[/quote]

Sorry you're too retarded to actually educate yourself about the things that make you really angry but research has been done on this and found no link between dog/dog aggression and dog/human aggression.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Kazak posted:

Perhaps it's not the dogs genetics that are to blame if a house pet bests you in combat
"yeah maybe its ok if dogs attack people because"
keep em comin pitbull enthusiasts. these are always gold

Carmant posted:

Sorry you're too retarded to actually educate yourself about the things that make you really angry but research has been done on this and found no link between dog/dog aggression and dog/human aggression.
youre taking the concept of retarded to new frontiers bro

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

megallica posted:

lovely owners make lovely dogs.

While we're at it, doesn't it seem like pit bulls/bull terries are like the black people of the dog world? Just in the way that information is dealt out and our cultural regurgitation of them.

Like most apartment complexes restrict pitbulls specifically but give no shits about Cane Corsos, German Shepards or even Rottweilers. I think people fear the name than the dogs themselves. In my anecdotal experience the people who fear them the most don't even know what they look like.

If you were to show a person who isn't familiar with dogs a picture if a Cane Corso, they will more than likely assume it's a pitbull just because it looks mean. But nope, its 100% Mastiff and one of the best guard dog breeds money can by. Unlike pitbull Cane Corals are breed to gently caress people up and waaaay stronger than pits.

gently caress it, I say either ban all dogs or make dog trained necessary for all dog owner. Cause gently caress those people who let their tiny foo-foo dog growl and bite people just cause they're little.

My 110 pound sister has two Cane Corsos because she's retarded. Anytime my daughter hangs out with her Aunt I'm incredibly nervous about those loving things.

I've seen one go mental before, and it's way worse than any pitbull could ever dream of being.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

drat what a shocker this idiot can't even recognize a joke. Hes just lashing out at everything and everyone like some kind of pitbull

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Your ancestors are shaking their damned heads at how their hard-fought legacy could produce such a timid creature bereft of courage or honor in the face of man's best friend

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Carmant posted:

lashing out
dont sign em bro

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

My 110 pound sister has two Cane Corsos

drat these dogs look cool and daunting as gently caress. Definitely not safe for all ages

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

dont sign em bro

:chloe:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
today i learned that complex behaviors are only ever influenced by a single gene and thats why there is no gradient of behavior between various dog breeds measurable on multiple axes and also that pitbulls are known not to be dangerous to humans because they were bred to be dangerous to other dogs. any statistics that show otherwise must be wrong

its very weird because we knew as far back as half a century ago from the silver tail fox experiment that dozens and even hundreds of genes cumulatively influence behavior. but ill take a post on gbs over decades of scientific rigor any day

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 19, 2018

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Here's something else you should learn: plenty of good dogs were bred to be aggressive and territorial, often against animals far more dangerous than other canines.

Flinching repeatedly over dangerous breeds online is real dumb

And shameful.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Staffordshire Terriers are Nanny Dogs. :3:
Never had any trouble with mine and she was a service dog. Still had some trouble getting accepted into an apartment with her, though. She wasn't "working" anymore and I couldn't use that as leverage. Bought a house instead.

That's my pitbull story.

But seriously, Google image nanny dogs. It's cute.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

her name is peanut and shes a pit bull baby :3

Smash it Smash hit fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 19, 2018

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

her name is boba and is also my baby pitbull :3 it was recently her birthday 10 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aaa:

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

Oh god, my brain is full of BEES!!
Cane Corsos, are the only dog breed I legitimately fear. They're low key trained to kill and the best guard dog breed money can buy. Like a low average price would be around $3,000. So pretty much the value of a used car give or take.. mostly give.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

This is my face reading such cowardly dog-phobic posts itt

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Kazak posted:

:hai: same here good friend

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Greyhounds are cool and chill, they work well in small houses / apartments, sleep almost all day, and love affection.

Disclaimer: separation anxiety if their snout is >10' from your crotch.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
My neighbor has a pitbull, and she keeps it tied to a tree in her front yard all day. The dog is extremely angry and barks a lot.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Kazak posted:

we get it from your 10 other posts saying the same thing "youre just scared"
ill note for future reference the compelling argument that any opinion or factual evidence that suggest anything is better or worse than anything else is actually just someone being scared of something

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im not suggesting youre scared i am just suggesting that you are heartless and will never understand the joys of a sweet baby pibble kisses :3

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i understand the joys but responsibly prefer them from other dog breeds that better fit the role of a house pet
which unfortunately precludes me from ever getting my favorite breed the border collie

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

we get it from your 10 other posts saying the same thing "youre just scared"
ill note for future reference the compelling argument that any opinion or factual evidence that suggest anything is better or worse than anything else is actually just someone being scared of something

They're good dogs Gary.

Man is the true monster here

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
If a pit bull ever comes onto my property, I'll shoot it. If a pit bull ever comes onto your property, I'll shoot it. I spend most of my days driving around, looking for properties with a pit bull on them, and I'll shoot it.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

like a cigarette should posted:

If a pit bull ever comes onto my property, I'll shoot it. If a pit bull ever comes onto your property, I'll shoot it. I spend most of my days driving around, looking for properties with a pit bull on them, and I'll shoot it.

well i live in an apartment, thats the good thing about pitbulls they are very relaxed and adaptable

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Why are people discriminating against me for owning this Nile crocodile? I have a spirit-bond with it and so can take it to the park leashless. What do you mean I shouldn't let it crouch in the kiddie pool with its slitted eyes narrowed and its jaws slightly agape as it gathers its power to surge forward and repeatedly drag the children into the water in an explosion of spray and screams? You're just a BREED RACIST! It's not the prehistoric reptile's instinct to kill and eat IT'S THE OWNER.

A blue-tongued skink is every bit as likely to do what my Nile crocodile did to all those children, after all, it is also a LIZARD. GOD.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

like a cigarette should posted:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Oh wow GBS is still really dumb about dogs :thunk:

DID YOU KNOW LOWTAX HAS A PITBULL LOL

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
My neighbors pitbull will sometimes pop out of my bamboo garden like a drat wild pokemon

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Staffordshire Terriers are Nanny Dogs. :3:
Never had any trouble with mine and she was a service dog. Still had some trouble getting accepted into an apartment with her, though. She wasn't "working" anymore and I couldn't use that as leverage. Bought a house instead.

That's my pitbull story.

But seriously, Google image nanny dogs. It's cute.

It's too bad that most pits aren't purebred Staffordshire Terriers then. The thing about pits is that they aren't any more likely to attack a human than any other dog, but when they do attack they gently caress you up.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

JonathonSpectre posted:

Why are people discriminating against me for owning this Nile crocodile? I have a spirit-bond with it and so can take it to the park leashless. What do you mean I shouldn't let it crouch in the kiddie pool with its slitted eyes narrowed and its jaws slightly agape as it gathers its power to surge forward and repeatedly drag the children into the water in an explosion of spray and screams? You're just a BREED RACIST! It's not the prehistoric reptile's instinct to kill and eat IT'S THE OWNER.

A blue-tongued skink is every bit as likely to do what my Nile crocodile did to all those children, after all, it is also a LIZARD. GOD.

So, kill all crocodiles?

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
No, don't own crocodiles as pets. There are plenty of non-man-eating lizards out there that will do just fine.

I'll take this opportunity to post Jonathon Spectre's Rule of Pets again: If an animal could effortlessly kill you, don't have it as a pet.

Pit bull? Bad.
Chicken? Good.
King cobra? Bad.
Guinea pig? Good.

Follow this rule and you'll never be in the newspaper saying, "But it was always so sweet before it ate (insert the person/people it ate)."

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JonathonSpectre posted:

:chloe:

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

Oh god, my brain is full of BEES!!

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'll take this opportunity to post Jonathon Spectre's Rule of Pets again: If an animal could effortlessly kill you, don't have it as a pet.

Pit bull? Bad.
Chicken? Good.
King cobra? Bad.
Guinea pig? Good.

Follow this rule and you'll never be in the newspaper saying, "But it was always so sweet before it ate (insert the person/people it ate)."

I dunno, if that chicken killed a man, that would probably make it to the paper. Ive seen some pretty jacked chickens. Specially when they do PCP.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
are there any actual science articles on dog breed aggression or is this entire thing just a bunch of huffy dipshits yelling back and forth

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Seriously, why would you choose a pit bull over any other breed? The answer is that you (not so?) secretly want a dog that is good at murder right? But you're just banking in it never murdering you, the owner?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Guinea pigs are a poo poo tier pet for garbage human beings. Please refer to Kuato‘s now goldmined thread on this topic to know more

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

Soiled Meat

This child was eaten by my crocodile but that's OK because IT'S NOT THE BREED IT'S THE OWNER.

poo poo.

Wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

are there any actual science articles on dog breed aggression or is this entire thing just a bunch of huffy dipshits yelling back and forth

There have been several dogs submitted for peer review itt

• Locked thread