Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
whenever i watch trailer park boys it always seemed like the disabled fellow with the love for kitties had a pretty sweet setup living within that finished shed

nice to know im not alone in thinking about living like the disabled canadien shed-dweller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
Ugh, hipsters. I was living in a van way before it was cool :rolleyes:

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Does the article ever say how much the tiny house cost them?

also:

"Chachaj fashioned the living room to be designed around an IKEA couch"

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

appropriatemetaphor posted:

If baby boomers just let cities re-zone to smaller lots this wouldn't happen.

But no, need gigantic "estate" sized lots so the poor people can't get a house.

They value their rodent ravaged tomato garden’s sunlight more than the quality of life of a millennial

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Rad-daddio posted:

Here's a loving idea, millenialshitheads.jpg why don't you just rent an apartment in a low income neighborhood?

this already happens all the time it's called gentrification

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

Yes, they can be trendy and live in Hamtramck. Or Detroit. But those houses loving suck for the most part, and are ran by slumlords.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_re...887_rect/13_zm/

Yeah, but why be trendy? I'm sure there's other neighborhoods in other areas that cost as much as their towable hipster statement.

Edit: place in Georgia: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/306-Norman-St_Soperton_GA_30457_M54522-93385

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smythe posted:

I'm laughing at you, not with you, for clarity, QP.

It was a good post.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

amusinginquiry posted:

Does the article ever say how much the tiny house cost them?

also:

"Chachaj fashioned the living room to be designed around an IKEA couch"

This one is 80sq ft smaller and 30k

https://www.tinyhomebuilders.com/tiny-house-marketplace/luxury-tiny-house-on-wheels-

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

Yeah, but why be trendy? I'm sure there's other neighborhoods in other areas that cost as much as their towable hipster statement.

Edit: place in Georgia: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/306-Norman-St_Soperton_GA_30457_M54522-93385

They don't want to live near you. Can't blame them.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

This poo poo is ridiculous this one is in ga 480 sq ft over 100k

https://www.tinyhomebuilders.com/tiny-house-marketplace/tiny-farm-house-tiger

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Smythe posted:

They don't want to live near you. Can't blame them.

I live in California. My house is that size, but costs 4X as much.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't read the thread but they seem ok except for the bowtie of course

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Blue Train posted:

Counterpoint:
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2384-Douglas-Hwy_Denton_GA_31532_M57939-26391

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

It was a good post.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

lol okay yeah these people are idiots

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

I live in California. My house is that size, but costs 4X as much.

Wow cool

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blue Train posted:

Lol 0 bedrooms, 1.5 bath

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
lol those houses look big enough for a single person. though id never live in a house.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
that thing is a single-wide trailer and you can buy one used for less than ten grand anywhere in rural Georgia, if you want to live in a trailer

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol 0 bedrooms, 1.5 bath

and this loving thing is a tuffshed, wtf

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Blue Train posted:

Holy poo poo. Housing prices suck where I live but you could buy a much larger doublewide on land you would own in one of the older neighborhoods for around 10-15K more.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Smythe posted:

Wow cool

No, it's not. lovely ranch houses shouldn't cost that much money.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jikes posted:

that thing is a single-wide trailer and you can buy one used for less than ten grand anywhere in rural Georgia, if you want to live in a trailer

That reminds me, I wonder how a cupcake hipster house would hold up in tornado alley or the keys.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

I'm laughing at you, not with you, for clarity, QP.

Hes right and youre a forum moderator

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jikes posted:

I thought it looked familiar

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

That reminds me, I wonder how a cupcake hipster house would hold up in tornado alley or the keys.

It'll do fine! You see, they got rid of all that red tape :shrek:

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Blue Train posted:

a tuffshed for $105k?! I live in Georgia and own a 1400-sq ft 3-bedroom two-bath brick bungalow with a fireplace on a half-acre lot and it cost almost ten grand less than that, these people are insane, first hurricane that thing is kindling

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jikes posted:

a tuffshed for $105k?! I live in Georgia and own a 1400-sq ft 3-bedroom two-bath brick bungalow with a fireplace on a half-acre lot and it cost almost ten grand less than that.

Simplifying ur life is very expensive.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jikes posted:

a tuffshed for $105k?! I live in Georgia and own a 1400-sq ft 3-bedroom two-bath brick bungalow with a fireplace on a half-acre lot and it cost almost ten grand less than that.

I'm envious. You guys take California refugees? I promise I'm not as big of a shithead as I might seem ITT.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jikes posted:

a tuffshed for $105k?! I live in Georgia and own a 1400-sq ft 3-bedroom two-bath brick bungalow with a fireplace on a half-acre lot and it cost almost ten grand less than that, these people are insane, first hurricane that thing is kindling

The ceilings aren’t finished. Lmao

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
It seems like having a custom designer home is more important to these people than actually saving money. You can buy high quality pre-fab homes for like 1/5th the cost per sqft. I guarantee they are more durable long-term as well

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The one upside I can see to the trailer house is you dont need to stay in one of those trash states for idiots that people always bring up when they think anybody cares what they payed

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
"Well, just finished cooking dinner over the burn barrel outside. Time to take a quick poo poo in the sink and sleep atop my wife in our tiny bed nook. What a life I live."

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Rad-daddio posted:

I'm envious. You guys take California refugees? I promise I'm not as big of a shithead as I might seem ITT.

I bought in an "urban" area and my house needed a lot of cosmetic and minor work, that's why it was so cheap. But jesus, for $105k you can get a real, stick-built, decent house that'll appreciate in value, not a trailer or a tuffshed that will just depreciate every year. What on earth are people thinking?

Buccaneer posted:

The one upside I can see to the trailer house is you dont need to stay in one of those trash states for idiots that people always bring up when they think anybody cares what they payed

They're harder to move than you think. No way you're getting a bank mortgage on one of those things either.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jikes posted:

I bought in an "urban" area and my house needed a lot of cosmetic and minor work, that's why it was so cheap. But jesus, for $105k you can get a real, stick-built, decent house that'll appreciate in value, not a trailer or a tuffshed that will just depreciate every year. What on earth are people thinking?

They're harder to move than you think. No way you're getting a bank mortgage on one of those things either.

I imagine a lot aren’t hwy worthy. Imagine dragging that poo poo across a state. Most don’t have wheels that I’ve seen. So a crane and rented flat top trailer/truck it is!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beefeater posted:

"Well, just finished cooking dinner over the burn barrel outside. Time to take a quick poo poo in the sink and sleep atop my wife in our tiny bed nook. What a life I live."

I have 3 changes of clothes to choose from tomorrow morning though!

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are going to be so mad when you see what a good deal I got on this house in Opossum Valley, in Mississippi

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Beefeater posted:

Lmfao

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Jikes posted:

Yeah, but you live in Georgia

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ive settled on moving into a 3d printed house. just wondering if i should buy or rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Kak posted:

Yeah, but you live in Georgia

fair point

• Locked thread