Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
If I picked this up on XBox would I be able to play on the goon servers? Or are those PC only? I don't have any clue how video games work but this looks goofy enough for me to get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Unfortunately no cross play, consoles still holding out real hard on dividing everything up.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Well that shits on my plans. Is playing by yourself fun/do-able?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's definitely doable and I'd say it's fun, but it also depends on what you wanna do, you can build all sorts of junk, get deep into crafting if you want, travel the map fighting monsters and finding bits of lore, it's got plenty to do, but there's definitely more screwing around to be done with other people.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

arent most goon servers dead anyways by now?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I rented a large server from Nitrous Networks when the game came out, but shut it down 3 months later since no one was playing.

Personally I really would like to get back into the game, but it needs more content before that happens. Building your awesome Fortress of Doom feels empty when it's only purpose is to serve as storage for some crappy materials. If they really add the autonomous thralls system which they initially promised (thralls that can gather, hunt, need sleep, beds, food) and so on, then this would really add some much needed life to your megastructures.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Turns out it's on sale so I figured to pick it up. We'll see how this goes. I'll probably just dick around on a PvE server for a few days and get bored.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
It seems fun so far! Just makes me want to find a triple resources server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
So I have been playing a bunch here and there and is it just me or does encumbrance feel like one of, if not the most important stat? Like admittedly I played on servers with x2 or x3 ressources but with those I noticed that I usually could not even mine every single iron/coal node near my base before I had to turn around and offload it, especially once I got into steel tier equipment. It also seems to help with heavier armor since those tend to weigh a bunch and slow you down considerably if your encumbrance isn't decently leveled. Seems like boosting that stat up a bit just speeds things up quite a bit since you don't need to run around as much.

Also, is there some trick to named/tier 4 npc spawning? I found one place that can have a named blacksmith which is pretty fantastic but I had to kill the tier 3 one that kept spawning a bunch until the one I wanted popped up. I know they will spawn in the same area but it seems like whether they will be a named one or just a lower tier one is random.

Anyway, if anyone finds a PVE server with reasonable settings (and items staying in inventory on death because I am a horrible scrub who does not enjoy losing poo poo) I wouldn't mind playing some more of this. I kinda burned out when the last server I was on was pretty quiet.

• Locked thread