Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is that what you heard cockmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
more like Anal Buttsk

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Yea that put me off Rick and Morty super effectively.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
He's a narcissist and a bully. Huffs his own farts all day long.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
He is obsessed with punishing the media for any tiny perceive slight or criticism. In fact, he is insanely aggressive with attacking and silencing anyone who criticises him at all, going so far as to attack the newly dead in order to blame them for accidents.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He is obsessed with punishing the media for any tiny perceive slight or criticism. In fact, he is insanely aggressive with attacking and silencing anyone who criticises him at all, going so far as to attack the newly dead in order to blame them for accidents.

:ironicat:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

elon musk fuckin sucks

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Blue Train posted:

elon musk fuckin sucks
that mom tho

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

proctorbot posted:

He's a narcissist and a bully. Huffs his own farts all day long.

Whats his username here

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
SpaceX is extremely cool & good and basically single handedly responsible for finally getting a move on in a space launch industry that's been pretty much stagnant for decades. This year they are likely to surpass the Chinese government in number of launches and become the biggest launch provider on Earth. (they were tied last year) Half the rockets they're launching now are reused, and they just introduced an improved version that should be good for ten flights with much less refurbishment. Reusable rockets suddenly became an actual thing. I wasn't holding my breath to see them in decades.

And yeah there's problems with Tesla and also billionaires. I don't really care about arguments about Musk's personal character, they are super pointless and nobody cares about any number of CEOs except everyone's got to have a hot take on Musk.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 5, 2018

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Save Grimes.
gently caress space.

in that order.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elukka posted:

SpaceX is extremely cool & good and basically single handedly responsible for finally getting a move on in a space launch industry that's been pretty much stagnant for decades. This year they are likely to surpass the Chinese government in number of launches and become the biggest launch provider on Earth. (they were tied last year) Half the rockets they're launching now are reused, and they just introduced an improved version that should be good for ten flights with much less refurbishment. Reusable rockets suddenly became an actual thing. I wasn't holding my breath to see them in decades.

And yeah there's problems with Tesla and also billionaires. I don't really care about arguments about Musk's personal character, they are super pointless and nobody cares about any number of CEOs except everyone's got to have a hot take on Musk.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

elon musk lookin' like a gopnik over there

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Elukka posted:

Space launches aren't real you dumb bitch. You can't break through the firmament

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
cleaner cars and more space travel seems like the type of stuff I want my tax dollars to go toward?? instead of, all the other crap.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
like guns to shoot brown folks.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Lacey posted:

that mom tho

Has anyone said yet that Musky E's mom can rocket their red car into orbit any day ?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
He's cool OP...I would ban u if he asked me to.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone wanting to go from being vaguely impressed and not know much/care about the dude to realizing how he is a huge bitch and horrible in 6ish minutes here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it4cY

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Blue Train posted:

All I see is

:shrug:

lol seriously, she looks like a supervillian in that picture

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
The hateboner people have for this guy is just as weird as the boner some people have for this guy. Like, he's a decently smart dude with a shitload of money who's at minimum smart enough to hire other people to do all his hard work for him. What's the big deal?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
the difference between Musk and most others is that he's fairly open with his goals, ambitions, etc.

Most of those what actually benefit from sucking our tax dollars into their personal fortunes, with literally zero ambition outside of 'want more shiny stuff', are pretty quiet about it.

Musk actually seems to have, ideas.

It's a start.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

he's a decently smart dude

Wrong

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Pretty much all of Tesla's current problems could be solved by salary poaching experienced engineers from GM and other major automotive manufacturers who actually know a little about QC engineering for automobiles

But no Ol' Muskie wants to hire six figgie computer science dorks out of Berkley/Stanford whose only solution to any problem is to throw more machine/deep learning at it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tesla is piss trash garbage

Cars built by hand, fires that turned a paint sprayer into a flamethrower, rampant quality problems, and a bloated workforce plague the factory, the insiders say. That’s on top of an injury rate that Reveal News reports is higher than the industry average, with shocking examples. These interconnected symptoms of Tesla’s “production hell” raise questions about the company’s entire approach to manufacturing, which diverges significantly from the auto industry’s practices that have been honed over decades.

The sources requested anonymity to speak because of Tesla’s history of trying to catch leakers, including once reportedly leaving a “fingerprint” in memos to find who divulged them to the press.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

lol seriously, she looks like a supervillian in that picture
if I'm picking an evil tech supervillian I'll take well-preserved Mom over eternal potato son

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tesla said it plans to make as many as 1 million Model 3s per year by the end of the decade. Yet it has already fallen behind its targets for Model 3 production. Stumbling on the Model 3 from practically day one, Tesla’s frantic attempts to meet Musk’s ambitious production targets are exacting a heavy cost on its people, products, and culture.

---

In the week following the official start of Model 3 production last summer, Musk was asked during Tesla’s second quarter earnings call if the first round of vehicles off the assembly line were “validation prototypes” built to test parts and the production system.

“These are not prototypes in any way,” he replied. “They’re not validation anything. They are full production cars.”

But according to two former Tesla employees, they were hand-built cars made with unvalidated parts.

“That black Model 3, that first production one that Elon said was the first production one? That was a crock of poo poo,” said one former employee whose work took him to almost every part of the factory. “I walked that thing through the shop, I watched the dudes build it in the back area, the little cave area [known internally as ‘Area 51’], and he drove it off.” The first Model 3s were “ hand walked” through the paint shop, because machines weren’t programmed to recognize that car, the former employee added.

“So they were just sitting there as props,” said a former high-level employee who confirms that the July event cars were hand-built prototypes.

---

On top of that, a recently filed lawsuit on behalf of Tesla shareholders accuses the company of securities fraud, alleging management misrepresented Tesla’s ability to begin mass-production of Model 3s in 2017. The lawsuit cites more than 10 former employees to support the allegation that Musk and other top Tesla executives either knew, or were reckless in not knowing, their claims were false.

---

More than 90 percent of new Model S and X vehicles contained defects requiring rework, Reuters reported in November, citing nine current and former employees. Two sources told The Daily Beast they estimate approximately 90 percent of all vehicles have required repair or rework at Tesla’s “end of line” stations.

“That sounds like something is severely wrong,” said Sullivan.

Both Sullivan and Abuelsamid said anything greater than 5 percent of vehicles needing rework would be a cause for serious concern. 

---

Meanwhile, Tesla has failed repeatedly to meet Musk’s ambitious targets for Model 3 production, including his 2016 estimate of 100,000 to 200,000 vehicles produced in the second half of 2017. In early 2017, Musk predicted that Tesla would build 5,000 cars per week by the end of the year, but it still hasn’t achieved that goal. In mid-2017, Musk lowered the target to 1,500 cars for the entire third quarter of 2017, but Tesla ended up producing only 260 cars over that period.

---

Workplace injuries are not a new phenomenon at the Fremont plant. Studies of Tesla’s workplace injury data by both WorkSafe (PDF) and Reveal News showed that workers there were injured at a significantly higher rate than the industry average—722 injuries last year, according to Reveal. Reveal also reported graphic examples of the kinds of injuries Tesla’s workers have sustained, noting that “workers have been sliced by machinery, crushed by forklifts, burned in electrical explosions and sprayed with molten metal.”

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Cruella de Musk

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

Cruella de Musk

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Nice, it’s like Manchester in 1890 but with computers instead of steam engines.

gently caress Elon Musk.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a5380/millionaire-starter-wife/
"I Was a Starter Wife": Inside America's Messiest Divorce

quote:

Still, there were warning signs. As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship." I shrugged it off, just as I would later shrug off signing the postnuptial agreement, but as time went on, I learned that he was serious. He had grown up in the male-dominated culture of South Africa, and the will to compete and dominate that made him so successful in business did not magically shut off when he came home. This, and the vast economic imbalance between us, meant that in the months following our wedding, a certain dynamic began to take hold. Elon's judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. "I am your wife," I told him repeatedly, "not your employee."

"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."

quote:

I wasn't detail-oriented enough to maintain a perfect house or be a perfect hostess. I could no longer hide my boredom when the men talked and the women smiled and listened. I wasn't interested in Botox or makeup or reducing the appearance of the scars from my C-sections. And no matter how many highlights I got, Elon pushed me to be blonder. "Go platinum," he kept saying, and I kept refusing.

quote:

One month and three sessions later, he gave me an ultimatum: Either we fix this marriage today or I will divorce you tomorrow, by which I understood he meant, Our status quo works for me, so it should work for you. He filed for divorce the next morning.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

like most rich people the world would be a better place if he died.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Elon musk is a genius visionary that is saving the world from carbon pollution by creating cars that are smart, luxurious, and stylish with supercar performance. Any company that goes from nothing to producing the greatest cars in the world practically overnight is going to have some growing pains.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Blue Train posted:

Tesla said it plans to make as many as 1 million Model 3s per year by the end of the decade. Yet it has already fallen behind its targets for Model 3 production. Stumbling on the Model 3 from practically day one, Tesla’s frantic attempts to meet Musk’s ambitious production targets are exacting a heavy cost on its people, products, and culture.

---

In the week following the official start of Model 3 production last summer, Musk was asked during Tesla’s second quarter earnings call if the first round of vehicles off the assembly line were “validation prototypes” built to test parts and the production system.

“These are not prototypes in any way,” he replied. “They’re not validation anything. They are full production cars.”

But according to two former Tesla employees, they were hand-built cars made with unvalidated parts.

“That black Model 3, that first production one that Elon said was the first production one? That was a crock of poo poo,” said one former employee whose work took him to almost every part of the factory. “I walked that thing through the shop, I watched the dudes build it in the back area, the little cave area [known internally as ‘Area 51’], and he drove it off.” The first Model 3s were “ hand walked” through the paint shop, because machines weren’t programmed to recognize that car, the former employee added.

“So they were just sitting there as props,” said a former high-level employee who confirms that the July event cars were hand-built prototypes.

---

On top of that, a recently filed lawsuit on behalf of Tesla shareholders accuses the company of securities fraud, alleging management misrepresented Tesla’s ability to begin mass-production of Model 3s in 2017. The lawsuit cites more than 10 former employees to support the allegation that Musk and other top Tesla executives either knew, or were reckless in not knowing, their claims were false.

---

More than 90 percent of new Model S and X vehicles contained defects requiring rework, Reuters reported in November, citing nine current and former employees. Two sources told The Daily Beast they estimate approximately 90 percent of all vehicles have required repair or rework at Tesla’s “end of line” stations.

“That sounds like something is severely wrong,” said Sullivan.

Both Sullivan and Abuelsamid said anything greater than 5 percent of vehicles needing rework would be a cause for serious concern. 

---

Meanwhile, Tesla has failed repeatedly to meet Musk’s ambitious targets for Model 3 production, including his 2016 estimate of 100,000 to 200,000 vehicles produced in the second half of 2017. In early 2017, Musk predicted that Tesla would build 5,000 cars per week by the end of the year, but it still hasn’t achieved that goal. In mid-2017, Musk lowered the target to 1,500 cars for the entire third quarter of 2017, but Tesla ended up producing only 260 cars over that period.

---

Workplace injuries are not a new phenomenon at the Fremont plant. Studies of Tesla’s workplace injury data by both WorkSafe (PDF) and Reveal News showed that workers there were injured at a significantly higher rate than the industry average—722 injuries last year, according to Reveal. Reveal also reported graphic examples of the kinds of injuries Tesla’s workers have sustained, noting that “workers have been sliced by machinery, crushed by forklifts, burned in electrical explosions and sprayed with molten metal.”

Who’s paying you for this shilling? GM? Big oil?

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

veiled boner fuel posted:

Elon musk is a genius visionary that is saving the world from carbon pollution by creating cars that are smart, luxurious, and stylish with supercar performance. Any company that goes from nothing to producing the greatest cars in the world practically overnight is going to have some growing pains.
Stop posting and get back to work, Elon. Your workers are being roasted alive.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

:qqsay:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gently caress elon musk

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Who’s paying you for this shilling? GM? Big oil?

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

gently caress elon musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Did you know that the “leather” interior in the Model S is actually a vegan, carbon neutral, full synthetic? You’d never know from the look or the feel, that’s for sure! The beauty and wear resistance of a premium leather without any of the guilt!

• Locked thread