Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am sure they will patch it all up.

There are a lot of planned and announced updates coming between now and the end of summer. Including a level cap increase, new end game skills, and end game missions with the Dark Eldar as a new enemy faction that you fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Who are the bad guys in the game now besides chaos?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Upgraded to 25 cabal members! I kicked everyone who I didn't identify as a goon, and we've got six openings, still. If you're a goon and I gave you the boot, I apologize and we'll get you back in right away.

Having a Discord sounds useful, has anyone set that up yet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SHISHKABOB posted:

Who are the bad guys in the game now besides chaos?

Only chaos and xenos for now. I hope eventually we get Orks. My dream wish is for Necrons but I know that will never happen.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

Only chaos and xenos for now. I hope eventually we get Orks. My dream wish is for Necrons but I know that will never happen.

Which Xenos? Are there Eldar?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

This game looks interesting, but $50 for a non-AAA Diablo clone seems ridiculous, did Diablo 3 even cost $50 when it released?

Seems like a money grab to cash in on the 40k name, which is sad, because it looks kind of fun. I'd grab it if it were $30.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If it were $30 then I would probably give it a try, but $50 is way too steep given what I heard about the stability of the game.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Cobbsprite posted:

Here's a Goon Inquisitors Discord server:
https://discord.gg/2mwF3S7

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

If it were $30 then I would probably give it a try, but $50 is way too steep given what I heard about the stability of the game.

It's $40 on steam? But I get the hesitation, it's got some real issues and has some weird design choices.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SHISHKABOB posted:

Which Xenos? Are there Eldar?

I am not that familiar with WH40K lore, so I am not sure. We are getting Dark Eldar this summer though. They are going to be the end game enemies and will be level 50+ content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1.0.2 is out now:

code:
New Features
Steam Trading Cards are now available.

Fixed Bugs

Fixed major GFX artifacting that occurred in the Unholy Cathedral and on several Campaign missions
Fixed a crash tied to party disconnects
Fixed various additional crashes
Numerous localization fixes
Fixed controller issues on the Crafting panel and the Modify tab
Fixed a bunch of minor issues on Campaign maps
Revamped Cabal Quest objectives
Reset Cabal Quests
Glory Leaderboards will work properly from the next reset onwards
Added an auto item refund feature that is triggered when players enter the Command Bridge or open their Stash
Fixed a dupe method with the stash
The Burnished Weaponry perk now works and displays values correctly
Fixed the Psychic Retribution Heroic Deed
Fixed an issue where changing languages reset controls
Fixed the Scourged by the Warp Heroic Deed
Fixed a bug where players could not talk to Ragna to start Chapter 4
Several localization improvements across all supported languages
Fixed a stuck supply crate for the 5th Black Legion mission
Fixed a stuck inoculator crate for the 4th Alpha Legion mission
Fixed the last mission of the Seeds of Corruption investigation
Meme Virus now works properly
Fixed infinite artillery charges on the Feral Beasts Siege map
Ragna and Omikron no longer offers to sell/craft higher level items than intended
Fixed a missing string for Chaos Sorcerers
Fixed a missing string for Chaos Space Marine Champions
Fixed a typo on one of the loading screens
Fixed Void Shield tooltip to state the correct value, 2000
Fixed a Typo in Omikron's dialogs
Fixed missing Bunker names
Fixed terminology for skill resources in Assassin and Psyker Skill trees
Fixed Stealth + Flashlight display issue with the Assassin
Fixed double skill tags in tooltips
Fixed Rank display on Social panel
Fixed missing icon/name for Warp Anomaly and Psychic Escalation

Misc
Some baseline resolutions will now be available without any condition
Character Window received some polishing
Added -novid launch parameter
Added new sounds for several enemies

Balance
Reduced Nurgle Pustule regeneration significantly
Adjusted Multiplayer difficulty curve
Some enemy Regen spells will now be interrupted when they are hit

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Frustrated posted:

It's $40 on steam? But I get the hesitation, it's got some real issues and has some weird design choices.

It's on sale for 10% off the retail of $50, so it's $45 at the moment, but that is still far too steep for the game that it looks like you are getting. Maybe in a few months after a bunch of patches or if they have a much heftier sale.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Just applied to the cabal with the name Threash. This game is buggy and janky but actually loving good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I said come in! posted:

so far I've seen:

Imperial Guard troops of dubious loyalty(it nots uncommon for an Inquisitor to purge a loyal regiment if they've been exposed to a Moral Threat)
Daemons, mostly of Slaneesh or Nurgle vintage. Maybe some Tzeentch.
Chaos Space Marines, Black Legion designation.
Dark Mechanicus trash. Mostly floating skulls and maybe some dudes with servo-arms

coconono fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 14, 2018

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

Cobbsprite posted:

Upgraded to 25 cabal members! I kicked everyone who I didn't identify as a goon, and we've got six openings, still. If you're a goon and I gave you the boot, I apologize and we'll get you back in right away.

Uh hello you kicked me for some reason. In game name is Screwball.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

PatRichCapone posted:

Uh hello you kicked me for some reason. In game name is Screwball.

Okay, I must have missed that if you mentioned it in this. Dropping you back in.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

deathbagel posted:

This game looks interesting, but $50 for a non-AAA Diablo clone seems ridiculous, did Diablo 3 even cost $50 when it released?

Seems like a money grab to cash in on the 40k name, which is sad, because it looks kind of fun. I'd grab it if it were $30.

$60 at release for D3 standard edition on release. I’ve been eyeballing the game myself, the best deal seems to be the humble sale + monthly discount for around $40, but I just haven’t convinced myself to pull the trigger or to shelve the idea either.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cobbsprite posted:

Can I get back in please?

Thanks!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So my Psyker reroll finally got back to the protect the Techpriest mission that was giving me so much trouble as a Crusader and cleared it on the first try with the Techpriest at 100% health. :pwn:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

McGavin posted:

So my Psyker reroll finally got back to the protect the Techpriest mission that was giving me so much trouble as a Crusader and cleared it on the first try with the Techpriest at 100% health. :pwn:

That is a buggy mission, my heavy flamer Crusader was smashing it until some random mob took off 90% of his health in no time

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

What worked for my Crusader was using a Heavy Bolter and just spamming the Hellfire rounds. Non-champion mobs get the knockback effect automatically, and it makes a world of difference.

At this point, I'm spamming the press-2 AOE with knockback on all basic mobs, using the left-click for unarmored champions and right-click for armored ones. Cleaning up.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Global event starting today: https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/global-event-invasion-of-malcorum-prime

waffleman
Aug 5, 2007

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
it really ties the nation together
If a spot opens up in chapel13, approve my application please. In as kharfa3.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
hosed up question, hows the gore? i want blow misguided peasant conscripts apart with boltor rounds.

also i joined the discord.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hosed up question, hows the gore? i want blow misguided peasant conscripts apart with boltor rounds.

It's extremely gory. "Blow apart" is a very accurate description of what happens to enemies.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Your bolter rounds will literally reduce them to piles of delicious meat.

But don't eat the meat. It's filled with vile corruption.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Have you been hearing people say they are clearing red missions with ease while you struggle with yellow? Chances are all of them are either Psykers or Assassins and/or using this bug - the 5th talent in the top right 'Area of Effect' tree is bugged. Optimal Dispersion. Supposed to give +1% damage for each enemy in the AoE effect. Actually does 100% damage to each enemy (not sure if like 2 enemies mean +200% or not.. doesn't seem like it). Anyways, I was struggling on my crusader, picked this up and wow. I can clear yellows now (I still died though :( )

This effects most things tagged as AoE or Cone skills. So things like flamethrowers are (all their abilities), but Gravity Gun's #2 is the only thing effected since the #1 targets a single enemy. It also doesn't seem to work on the Demolition Armor's ability for some reason.

If you are an assassin or Psyker, it may just make the game a snooze-fest.

I would think they would fix this asap, but I believe this bug has been in since release and they've had 2-3 patches since then..

Danith fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 15, 2018

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It's a nice bug but I've been clearing red missions on my crusader without it. Game is not that hard.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

malhavok posted:

It's extremely gory. "Blow apart" is a very accurate description of what happens to enemies.

nice. can't wait.

hope it works good on consoles.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
is the XP rewards tiny for anyone else with the global event mission?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Killer_Bees! posted:

is the XP rewards tiny for anyone else with the global event mission?

After the campaign is over XP is almost zero for everything that isn't a meme virus'd fate mission. It's actually pretty annoying. I'd rather they spread the xp out instead of making me feel like I'm just wasting a ton of time in between fate missions.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Frustrated posted:

After the campaign is over XP is almost zero for everything that isn't a meme virus'd fate mission. It's actually pretty annoying. I'd rather they spread the xp out instead of making me feel like I'm just wasting a ton of time in between fate missions.

Yeah I just hit 30 and XP is what I want more than anything else so I can get to the endgame loot ...

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

The event missions aren't giving me the proper amount of xp or fate, so gently caress that noise. 134xp and 2fate? gently caress you neocore.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, the world event just give lovely rewards, I'm back at normal missions.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The world event is pretty dumb. You have to do about 40 missions to kill enough guys to get a stupid salute emote.

Also, 50 million kills across the whole server? :pwn:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Another person chiming in to say I'd really like to play this, but that price ain't doin it.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
Protip, go back the the Merciful Agonies med station in the Chernabog system and get free skillpoints, extra missions and goodies for cash!

Moltke
May 13, 2009
I'm really enjoying the game so far. Would like to team up with some goons.

Have a cabal going for goons - Astra_Teledildonica

Apply in game and message me here. I'll be sure to approve.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Killer_Bees! posted:

Protip, go back the the Merciful Agonies med station in the Chernabog system and get free skillpoints, extra missions and goodies for cash!

And a significant amount of fate, which means not free cause that is the real endgame cockblock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

McGavin posted:

The world event is pretty dumb. You have to do about 40 missions to kill enough guys to get a stupid salute emote.

Also, 50 million kills across the whole server? :pwn:

sounds like an average afternoon in the imperium.