Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

game's a lot pickier about its control bindings than the last one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm stuck on the first puzzle...figuring out the default controller bindings. This is not a good sign

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

read it twice, just like I did in my first playthrough of La-Mulana 1 :getin:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Azathoth256 posted:

What else comes out this week?

Switch Picross 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM I'm assuming

Kikkoman fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 30, 2018

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Turns out DS4Windows wasn't playing nice with this game, you might want to turn it off if like me you were getting things binded to multiple buttons

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I had the opposite problem, controls for my DS4 were all screwed up until I tried DS4windows.

My other problem is that I'm already stuck in La-Mulana 2.

e: I had to attack the statue's foot :negative: I tried attacking it before but I didn't hit the right spot apparently, which led me to wandering around the first areas forever, trying to use pepper on everything.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 30, 2018

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I beat the first guardian :toot:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The glossary is cool as hell.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

It's time to start the month of bombshell releases!

fixed that for you. the gently caress is going on in august.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm sure nothing will go wrong in freeing Loki, who they suspiciously refuse to refer to by name :thunk:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

poo poo, spoiler tags are already starting. Time to ditch the thread for a while.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SettingSun posted:

poo poo, spoiler tags are already starting. Time to ditch the thread for a while.

Goon project: help each other finish la mulana 2 without a wiki

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah ditto. I'm not likely to finish this in the week before MHW launches and I disappear into the void once again so I better just unbookmark this for the nonce

Hope everyone has fun though :woop:

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Where do you use the Costume Keys? Got them for backing the game back on Kickstarter, but no idea where to actually use them in-game lol.

Tho on-topic, really loving the game so far. Actually been making some progress too!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cyflan posted:

Where do you use the Costume Keys? Got them for backing the game back on Kickstarter, but no idea where to actually use them in-game lol.

Tho on-topic, really loving the game so far. Actually been making some progress too!

should've come with instructions in a txt file

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I am psyched to fail terribly at this game in ways both mechanical and deductive. I was too bad and dumb to beat the first game without a guide and I expect the same is true here but I will have fun nonetheless.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Olive! posted:

I'm sure nothing will go wrong in freeing Loki, who they suspiciously refuse to refer to by name :thunk:

Does it just keep calling them ’the boy’? :v:

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I’m actually a bit stumped at the moment. I got the first ankh unlocked, but I don’t have the jewel. Really not sure on where it could be.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

lets hang out posted:

should've come with instructions in a txt file
The instructions don't work with the steam files.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

The instructions don't work with the steam files.

They do, but the instructions only say where to put the file, not how to actually use the items in-game.
I can see them in the title screen, but I can't figure out any way to actually use them.
Unless it's later in the game of course.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yeah i dunno i don't have anything in the garb section either so maybe you do have to reach some point in the game

XavierGenisi posted:

I’m actually a bit stumped at the moment. I got the first ankh unlocked, but I don’t have the jewel. Really not sure on where it could be.

this is the room it's in: Vampire's Room

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The tragedy is that I really shouldn't be playing LM2 yet until I get off my butt and finish Zwei 1 which I've been working on since it came out. But, soon.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I think you find chests that you use the backer keys on. One of the achievements mentions locked chests.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

uPen posted:

I think you find chests that you use the backer keys on. One of the achievements mentions locked chests.

Oh, alright.

Yeah, checked the achievements and I see it.

Thanks!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mr Snips posted:

I'm stuck on the first puzzle...figuring out the default controller bindings. This is not a good sign
Game gets a big 0 so far. I have no idea what any button does beyond Z and X. I don't know what the all important pause button is. This is a big step back from the first game.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'll wait until there's a full guide out to buy it

then quit like LM1 because i was having to check the guide for every single thing to progress

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

lets hang out posted:

yeah i dunno i don't have anything in the garb section either so maybe you do have to reach some point in the game

this is the room it's in: Vampire's Room

Oh. It's that one. Apparently I had that puzzle all wrong. Thanks, I figured it out, and now that first guardian is obliterated. :toot:

Scalding Coffee posted:

Game gets a big 0 so far. I have no idea what any button does beyond Z and X. I don't know what the all important pause button is. This is a big step back from the first game.

F1 and F2 for pause and menu, C for subweapon, V for item. A and S are L and R buttons for the Pause and Menu screens.

Go into the options, highlight control bindings and hit confirm to go in and mess with the keybindings

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I bought this but the wireless controller support on macOS seemed buggered whenever I open the menu the analog stick resets to be locked in a certain direction.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man the game immediately goes "Okay, you got the hang of things? Have fun." and then second real zone is like a nightmare unending.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This game sucks poo poo! Last time I ever listen to the Games forum!!!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The NPCs have weird vertical wavy lines distorting their sprites every few seconds and they look a bit like The Scream.
Switching to controller. I have no idea why you need a button for specific thing, when the century standard of accept/cancel buttons working for every menu is superior.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh look, a giant rock held up by a rickety column.

A bunch of dead skeletons warning me not to break the column?

Pshaw

*splat*

Yep, this is La-Mulana alright :allears:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

American McGay posted:

This game sucks poo poo! Last time I ever listen to the Games forum!!!

I'm so glad the pissed shopkeeper is back. Also just assuming that her pose and "-_-" baby is a reference to a (La-Mulana 1 end spoiler) form Mother takes in the final battle.

Edit: Anyone know where to redeem the backer costume keys?

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 30, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is in the instructions for your key. You have to go to some weird website to download a file and instructions. I got my four keys.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 30, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i bought the game already anyways and i want to get as far as i can with no spoilers but what is everyone's opinion on it so far after playing it a bit? the bit i've played has been cool.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Beat a guardian and got horribly lost in 3 other areas, one of which I definitely, really should not be wandering around in.

Great game.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yep, pretty much just wandering around lost as hell at this point. Owns. Should start mapping properly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've beaten 1 guardian and gotten 1 sigil and now I'm overwhelmed with choice

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My Playism account has nothing in it, my Steam account doesn't have anything sent to it, and I can't check my Kickstarter messages because it requires me to log into to my Facebook account and I disabled Facebook because it was sending notifications and friend suggestions to my extended family that I am not out to and would most likely ostracize me and my immediate family if they ever found out.

$55 in 2014 USD down the drain. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Pollyanna posted:

My Playism account has nothing in it, my Steam account doesn't have anything sent to it, and I can't check my Kickstarter messages because it requires me to log into to my Facebook account and I disabled Facebook because it was sending notifications and friend suggestions to my extended family that I am not out to and would most likely ostracize me and my immediate family if they ever found out.

$55 in 2014 USD down the drain. :suicide:

You need to email support@playism.jp to get it added to your playism account.