Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Weather's getting colder. Time for the annual prostatitis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wish you were all dead, too. :evil:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember being able to drink

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Remember not knowing what heartburn was?

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Being 30 kind of owns honestly. I've got a decent career with reasonable pay and I'm to just settle in and coast through the next 8 years of life without causing too much of a fuss.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

"Oh, I probably shouldn't lift this, I'm going to feel sore in the morning" age.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Also "I regularly post on the Somethingawful.com forums"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Korthal posted:

"Oh, I probably shouldn't lift this, I'm going to feel sore in the morning" age.

"Nh-huhh!" *incapable of getting up from a seat anymore without making noises*

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't wish I was dead, I wish everyone else was. get the gently caress outta my way

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
x 1 billion

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I feel fine. I feel better than I did in my 20s.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
For some of us entering our 30's is a chance to panic about not having thought we'd ever make it this far.

Like, gently caress, do I need to plan as far ahead as my 40's now? I could be dead by then!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Every single one of close friends started balding so they shaved their heads completely. Since I won the genetic hair lottery I refuse to cut my princely mane. When we're out on the town I look like the prison bitch of a group of skinheads.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

r u ready to WALK posted:

I just wish I was 15 again

so many things I would have done differently
i think this sometimes but upon reflection i typically conclude everything would probably be more or less the same

Zane fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 6, 2018

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

30s has been the best part of my life. Lol if you peaked as a teenager, holy poo poo.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Remember not knowing what heartburn was?

Pepperoni we were friends

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
5 hours of sleep a day is just not enough anymore.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
australian music is making me insane

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
For two years in a row I have forgotten exactly how old I'm turning on my birthday.

naem
May 29, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

30s has been the best part of my life. Lol if you peaked as a teenager, holy poo poo.

same, life’s good. looking forward to some fun new challenges too

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Oh man, that pep pizza looks amazing. Let me just grab a sli..... oh poo poo, have I had my fiber yet today? drat, no fiber yet. Can't eat that pizza until I get some fiber in me, or I'll have kamikaze turbo-shits for the next 8 hours.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

LethalGeek posted:

Also this

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

RobattoJesus posted:

In my 20s I was posting with one hand while rhythmically soothing a fleshy pink sack of meat with the other.

In my 30s :same: but now the fleshy pink sack of meat is a baby.

wtf dude dont jerk off your baby

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hearing a song that you haven't heard since your teens, and it brings a shitload of good memories and feelings from that time.

And then you make a note to never listen to that song again because you know pretty loving well that those times will never return.

And not in a "life sucks now" kinda way, just that that specific type of good vibes is no longer within your reach.

naem
May 29, 2011

Icochet posted:

Hearing a song that you haven't heard since your teens, and it brings a shitload of good memories and feelings from that time.

And then you make a note to never listen to that song again because you know pretty loving well that those times will never return.

And not in a "life sucks now" kinda way, just that that specific type of good vibes is no longer within your reach.

music from when i was a teen was loving terrible, and there is so much better poo poo now and it’s all at the tap of a phone screen instantly forever lol

life has so many stages and they are all potentially fun and unique and new, quit being a bunch of whiney babies and enjoy it all

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

also if you had a high metabolism say goodbye to that and say hello to actually watching what you eat like all the other schlubs

Yeah I went from perpetually skinny 20s guy to overweight 31 year old guy.

I feel like I stress less about poo poo every year though so at least age brings the bonus of giving less fucks about stupid poo poo

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

naem posted:

music from when i was a teen was loving terrible, and there is so much better poo poo now and it’s all at the tap of a phone screen instantly forever lol

life has so many stages and they are all potentially fun and unique and new, quit being a bunch of whiney babies and enjoy it all

Sorry about your poo poo childhood, naem

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
30's owns. I own a home and am saving for lakefront property in the finger lakes. Have wife and small boy.

Life is what you make it. I like to learn new things. For example i am learning to cook better. Just last night i completed my masterpiece which is a cannelini bean sou p with a mirapoix base and bay leaves/rosemary and a nice baguette. My contribution to the recipe was purple potatoes pureed so that instead of a creamy white color the soup was brown.

I call it "tuscan diarrhea"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now that I'm 30, it is my obligation to document the long forgotten epoch of 10 years ago, lest it be forgotten by future generations.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Take good care of your bowels. Pooping becomes glorious as you approach 40.

That thing you want to do as a career likely has little to do with your degree, so get a degree in a field that makes lots of money.

Most of your best friends are self serving pricks, that will happily sell you out.
Find the ones that aren't.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Don't go bowling.

Go ski jumping.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
showing pictures of your kids to people who don't care but you know they don't care but you don't care that they don't care

naem
May 29, 2011

Icochet posted:

Sorry about your poo poo childhood, naem

sorry about your poo poo now internet guy

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rakosi posted:

i think you just eat less tbh

yeah i don't disagree

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I was talking to a guy about his new snow blower the other day and we were both getting jazzed up and that's when I realized I am in my 30's.

My partner and I (you can't call them a GF in yoiur 30s) have decent jobs and no kids so :homebrew:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Nooner posted:

Jeeze nice humble brag about getting some puss 14 years ago :jerkbag:

Hey they are different ages so I've had sex twice buddy

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

naem posted:

sorry about your poo poo now internet guy

Forums poster naem rising above the feeling of melancholic nostalgia with their magnificent present existence. naem has Spotify.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

30's is loving dope as hell, especially when you tell the early 20's people "hey, that thing you're doing will spectacularly blow up in your face" then they do it anyway and it does and they think you're a sage when in reality they're loving stupid.

Also being a sage is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Druids are cooler

• Locked thread