Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kurieg posted:

People need to stop remembering things 3 seconds before the world blows up.

Ratika is especially guilty of this. At least we're basically guaranteed to get another Omensight tomorrow.

By the way, Really Pants' update pace is admirable. I fear we don't deserve it, given how little traffic there is in here, but I still really appreciate it!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder if Ludomir found the sword with Vera's body.

Wow, haven't thought about this. But I guess it depends on what happened next. The void cultist apparently rendered first aid to Vera. Perhaps she had to do something with the sword to unseal Voden? And then they killed and dumped her body, while hiding Kladen to keep it away from Indrik?

Wouldn't the sword have stood out to the people who found Vera's body as the likely murder weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Torrannor posted:

Ratika is especially guilty of this. At least we're basically guaranteed to get another Omensight tomorrow.

"Hey guys the world's going to blow up in about 30 minutes so if you do have any perception shattering revelations could you please state them quickly and concisely?" Omensight Acquired.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WELP.

Frozenzen
Mar 26, 2016
Looking forward to seeing who ludomir wants to kill once he gets to see this. Even odds on him punching you since Vera is unpunchable.

And Vera talking like she is trying to help when Voden appears is rather suspicious, I hope it's not some boring corruption/mind control thing. I would be much nicer if the person in charge of protecting the world just decided that she has had enough and the world deserves to burn.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Frozenzen posted:

Looking forward to seeing who ludomir wants to kill once he gets to see this. Even odds on him punching you since Vera is unpunchable.

And Vera talking like she is trying to help when Voden appears is rather suspicious, I hope it's not some boring corruption/mind control thing. I would be much nicer if the person in charge of protecting the world just decided that she has had enough and the world deserves to burn.

From what's in some of the memories, it sounds to me more like she was tricked.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There was clearly another memory in the Amber Tree, and we weren't allowed to collect it! :argh:

This was not a huge surprise anymore, but confirmation is still nice. What's our goal now? Probably to find Kladen and bring it to Firebird Indrik. First we need to find the sword, and I think Ludomir might know where it is.

What's Voden doing to the tree? :ohdear:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
So, the newest suspect in the murder of Vera is now... Vera?

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

We missed one memory! ONE MEMORY. drat, witch could just have waited one minute.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

And unless a subsequent path takes us to that room, we can't get that memory until we unlock the ability to replay days.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SO MUCH anger. And song. But mostly anger. :argh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So, once again Indrik is alive. Why does he sometimes survive the assassination attempt and sometimes doesn't, even if the Harbinger is not around at all?

Good to know that there really is a fourth seal. For just one room apparently, and Inrdik has knows it's key. Meaning we get one from each main NPC.

The game is not very subtle at the end. The witch tells you which route to take, and the pre-selection blurb outright states that you cannot learn anything more from Ratika. By the way, I'm a little bit disappointed that you didn't show Indrik's and Ludomir's blurbs.

By the way, I notice that your amber collection has been slowing down, and it feels like there's less of the stuff in the barrels. Deliberate choice by the devs?

At least the coop kills worked this time.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Torrannor posted:

By the way, I notice that your amber collection has been slowing down, and it feels like there's less of the stuff in the barrels. Deliberate choice by the devs?

Well, the collection has been slowing down some because of skipping large portions of the day on various revisits.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Torrannor posted:

By the way, I'm a little bit disappointed that you didn't show Indrik's and Ludomir's blurbs.

Since I haven't attempted those paths yet, their promos haven't changed from yesterday...at least I don't think. We'll see all of them eventually.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 4, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Things go...not quite according to plan.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 7, 2018

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Ah, so the NPCs always see all the Omensights you acquired. That explains some things. Something that's so far unexplained is why Indrik is even doing the Firebird ritual in the first place? It's not to defeat Rodentia, did he suspect Voden was about to be released? Also, why is Vera's seal all over the Temple of Yarbog?

By the way, I like Draga's euphemism: "They died to do their duty, let's not waste their sacrifice." Nice way to say it, "they died", because she killed them! Anyway, the boss battle at the end once again shows that Draga's no joke, she should fight like this more often when not being an enemy.

At least we learned that Voden can shapeshift into the people he ate, which likely means he will appear as Vera at some point.

Indrik is a racist, which is not so surprising. His education is probably to blame, the patriarchs sound like real pieces of work. Are they perhaps void cultists? By the way, how does one even become emperor? It's obviously not hereditary, since his parents are mentioned.

I wonder about the endgame. Firebird Indrik plus Kladen plus Ratika with Vera's balalaika, plus the Harbinger. Let's see how the other two fit into this.

It seems you've reached the level and amber cap?

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
This was explained in the loop where Ratika and the Harbinger didn't go into Vera's tree and saved Indrik. Indrik, due to his knowledge of the writings in the crypt, knew the signs of Voden's return, and knew the Firebird would be needed. Vera's seal is all over Yarbog's temple, because that is where her family (as hereditary guardians of the temple) once lived before the cataclysm killed them all. Only the Emperors crypt was denied her.

I'm not quite sure how one becomes Emperor either, Indrik seems to imply that there is a hereditary element when he rages about Vera defiling the tomb of his 'ancestors', but every other mention just mentions a 'lineage' that may or may not be hereditary. It seems certain that the patricians have a certain amount of leeway over the process, and it is certain that at the very least Lokrin, the patrician who tutored/tormented Indrik is one of the Children of the Void, as one memory showed him giving Fyobor orders.

As for how the other two fit into the endgame, well, Draga just showed she can handle herself well enough, and Ludomir is the one who actually knows where the sword is.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
:catstare: "Only the Void itself could so thoroughly waste my time!"

Reminds me of an old quote (I forget who said it): "Never attribute to malice that which can be more easily attributed to incompetence." Harbinger's real good at killin' stuff, not so much with the rest.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

OddHaberdasher posted:

This was explained in the loop where Ratika and the Harbinger didn't go into Vera's tree and saved Indrik. Indrik, due to his knowledge of the writings in the crypt, knew the signs of Voden's return, and knew the Firebird would be needed. Vera's seal is all over Yarbog's temple, because that is where her family (as hereditary guardians of the temple) once lived before the cataclysm killed them all. Only the Emperors crypt was denied her.

Right, I forgot about that. But we still don't know what exactly wiped out Vera's family (while at the same time it's pretty clear who wiped them out).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Looks like we've fought everyone except Ludomir, I think. I wonder when his boss fight will come.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

OddHaberdasher posted:

I'm not quite sure how one becomes Emperor either, Indrik seems to imply that there is a hereditary element when he rages about Vera defiling the tomb of his 'ancestors', but every other mention just mentions a 'lineage' that may or may not be hereditary. It seems certain that the patricians have a certain amount of leeway over the process, and it is certain that at the very least Lokrin, the patrician who tutored/tormented Indrik is one of the Children of the Void, as one memory showed him giving Fyobor orders.

My basic guess is that the imperial family is huge, and the succession is governed by some arbitrary, byzantine process.

On a slightly related note, I just noticed that Lokrin is like twenty drat feet tall! No wonder Indrik was terrified of him.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mraagvpeine posted:

Looks like we've fought everyone except Ludomir, I think. I wonder when his boss fight will come.

When we show him the latest Omensight perhaps? I could see him not believing that his beloved sister would do something like that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What if we tried to stop Voden...with violence???

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Now, apparently.

Also, I love how the game just straight kills you if you kill Ratika here. I also like how Indrik is a much nicer person when he realizes that what's happening now is partially his fault.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Whoa, there were a lot of things happening in this video. It's the first time that I've seen enemies just surrendering. That's pretty cool. As for some of those Rodentians, you shouldn't taunt the flying birdman with "Can you even get to us?", when it's just your elevated position separating him form you. By the way, what happens when the Harbinger falls into a pit? There are so many jumping sequences, is it just instant death?

I noticed that Indrik is a lot more courteous. He says "Let me help"/"Please step aside" when he opens doors now, instead of "Must I do everything?" And he's also more humble, and friendlier towards Ratika and Ludomir. It suits him. Too bad you can't avoid a fight with Ludomir, I was surprised that there was no option to show him the Omensight. By the way, the instant replay after you attacked Ratika was a cool feature. And Indrik also mentioned void/Voden shapeshifting, so that's pretty much confirmed. It's also interesting that he speculated that he might only be able to see the void corrupting the environment because of the Harbinger's presence. Explains why nobody seems to freak out by all that violet creep covering more and more of the world.

The Kladen seal is intriguing. That's clearly a bird or even feathered serpent in Yarbog's colors, and a void serpent, likely Voden itself. Both biting each other's tails, as a variation of the Ouroboros symbol. It's probably something of a dualism, void and light can't exist without each other. Together with that one memory, I wonder if the world is something like a disk, with Yarbog's creatures inhabiting one side and void creatures the other side? I wonder how sealing Voden fits into all of this. Which apparently has to be done by the Harbinger, so perhaps I was wrong in that it's not Indrik who will have to wield Kladen? But why the Firebird ritual then?

As for the other memory, it brought something to my attention: We likely know the fate of every named character. Even Iontrek's fury was named after the first emperor, Fyobor is a void cultist, and Lokrin is likely the cult's leader. But where's Ellia? She "deserted her post"/left Indrik's army. Where is she? Will we meet her as well? Perhaps Voden ate her, and will try to use her form to sway Draga? I'm looking forward to finding out more. There simply must be more, because the game takes care to remind us of her from time to time.

By the way, you're still collecting amber? Will we get another level, with a last batch of upgrades?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Torrannor posted:

Which apparently has to be done by the Harbinger, so perhaps I was wrong in that it's not Indrik who will have to wield Kladen? But why the Firebird ritual then?
Didn't it turn out earlier that Indrik hadn't looked inside the innermost secret chambers before? So the Firebird ritual was part of his efforts to personally seal the void, but he was following an incomplete instruction set.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Indrik's original plan, which he always follows when the Harbinger doesn't intercede, is to become the Firebird, retrieve Kladen from its vault in Ekka, and repair its seals to banish Voden's Ciphers "for a time." The Omensight shows him that Kladen is gone and too close to breaking, so he has to check Yarbog's double secret doomsday instructions instead.

Torrannor posted:

By the way, you're still collecting amber? Will we get another level, with a last batch of upgrades?

The next couple levels have some unnecessary but neat Lethal Flurry upgrades, so I'm hoping to pick them up.

I've never actually reached max level, and I don't think I ever will because leveling up from 14 to 15 takes as much grinding as you do going from 1 to 12 through the whole game.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 6, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You could presumably cheat engine yourself the appropriate amount of experience to get Max level.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Really Pants posted:

Indrik's original plan, which he always follows when the Harbinger doesn't intercede, is to become the Firebird, retrieve Kladen from its vault in Ekka, and repair its seals to banish Voden's Ciphers "for a time." The Omensight shows him that Kladen is gone and too close to breaking, so he has to check Yarbog's double secret doomsday instructions instead.
Ahh, okay, so he's going down the manual but the call really needs to be escalated all the way to the top support tier.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Have we made sure Kladen is plugged in and powered on?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The plan comes together.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wow, that's surprisingly direct. Is this really the final "day"? I thought for sure that we would get another Omensight, showing us the location of Kladen. And then we would spend another round gathering the 4 NPCs to help us fight against Voden.

Nothing revealed here was really surprising, it just confirmed our speculations. Interesting that the Rodentian Resistance sees the void cultists as a splinter group. When the latter likely predates the former by centuries.

One would think that it gets boring going through the same environments again and again, but it's always interesting. The changing NPCs and the growing knowledge with each repeat make this a very good adaptation of the groundhog day model.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Really Pants posted:

Have we made sure Kladen is plugged in and powered on?
hm. we've lost the sword.. literally _lost_. it responds to rituals, it's still sealing Voden for now, we just can't figure out where on the continent it is.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I sure hope Ludomir takes us to Vera's tree so we can get that last memory.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Fish Noise posted:

hm. we've lost the sword.. literally _lost_. it responds to rituals, it's still sealing Voden for now, we just can't figure out where on the continent it is.

H̝̯̘O͎̤͚͇͇͉W̯̤̰̞͢ ̯̥̠͔̩T͎̦̻H̶͙̬̰̮̱̹E ̬̯̲͓̕F̩͙̣̺̺̥Ụ̧̮͓C̟̣̖̭͟K̢̫͔̟̩͍ ̡̮͕̠C̮̪̟͈̮̤͘A̸̺̺̳̫̘N̘͍̦̺̟͓ ̧͈̤̫̹Y͚̟̺ͅO͖̣̰͇Ų̳͈̤̬ ͕͎T̡̝͈͇E͇͖͔͞L̴Ḽ̛͕̗̣̯͔ T̟͔HA̝̙͈̳̯̗̪Ṱ̫͍͖̙ ̧̣̬̱͙͇̺I͉̦M͔̜͈ ̧͇̙͓͖̟̪̭V̗͚͍̀O͎͖̗̜̞̗D͖͇͕̘͓͍̘Ḙ͍̗̥̲̳ͅN͇̥̮ B͙̲ͅY̴̻̟ ̬̼͔LO͙̯̣̤͕O҉̬̜̖̜͉̦̜K̲IN̪̭̝G ͇̮̳̮̺A̵̦̪T̨ ̨̦̪MY̻̱͚̝ ̛̹͉̦̬͇W̛̖͈͈R̸I̟̰̤̲͚͟T̞̤͉͚̤͔IN͔G͏?̳͍͞?͔?̘̼ͅ?

Further updates will take a little longer, because they'll involve some actual additional effort in editing. We're just a little ways from the finish, though, so hang in there all you Harbingers and Harbingettes.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Really Pants posted:

H̝̯̘O͎̤͚͇͇͉W̯̤̰̞͢ ̯̥̠͔̩T͎̦̻H̶͙̬̰̮̱̹E ̬̯̲͓̕F̩͙̣̺̺̥Ụ̧̮͓C̟̣̖̭͟K̢̫͔̟̩͍ ̡̮͕̠C̮̪̟͈̮̤͘A̸̺̺̳̫̘N̘͍̦̺̟͓ ̧͈̤̫̹Y͚̟̺ͅO͖̣̰͇Ų̳͈̤̬ ͕͎T̡̝͈͇E͇͖͔͞L̴Ḽ̛͕̗̣̯͔ T̟͔HA̝̙͈̳̯̗̪Ṱ̫͍͖̙ ̧̣̬̱͙͇̺I͉̦M͔̜͈ ̧͇̙͓͖̟̪̭V̗͚͍̀O͎͖̗̜̞̗D͖͇͕̘͓͍̘Ḙ͍̗̥̲̳ͅN͇̥̮ B͙̲ͅY̴̻̟ ̬̼͔LO͙̯̣̤͕O҉̬̜̖̜͉̦̜K̲IN̪̭̝G ͇̮̳̮̺A̵̦̪T̨ ̨̦̪MY̻̱͚̝ ̛̹͉̦̬͇W̛̖͈͈R̸I̟̰̤̲͚͟T̞̤͉͚̤͔IN͔G͏?̳͍͞?͔?̘̼ͅ?
I gotta go. There's a Harbinger next to me and she's watching me open seals, which is sort of starting to creep me out. Yes Harbinger next to me, I mean you.

Really Pants posted:

Further updates will take a little longer, because they'll involve some actual additional effort in editing. We're just a little ways from the finish, though, so hang in there all you Harbingers and Harbingettes.
How can we possibly live with this when you've already spoiled us with your update pacing?
It's fine.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Nothing revealed here was really surprising, it just confirmed our speculations. Interesting that the Rodentian Resistance sees the void cultists as a splinter group. When the latter likely predates the former by centuries.

I read that more as the Rodentian summoners see the void cultists as a splinter group. Which I could totally see. Learn controlled use of the void and then, well, some folks decide to take it a little too far...

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Really Pants posted:

Oh the horror, waiting more than a day for a new video!

It's fine of course, but thanks for the heads up. I don't think I've seen any LP advance this rapidly through the game. A little wait time just makes me look forward even more to these last videos. :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I had to start a new save file because of reasons, so there might be a few small changes from here on out. Luckily getting back through the game was quicker than I thought. You can reach this point in just a week if you know where to go.

Day 1: Choose Draga - Obtain Pygarian Seal
Day 2: Choose Ludomir - Unseal Emperors' Tomb - Obtain Cruelty Omensight
Day 3: Choose Ratika - Kill Indrik - Obtain Rodentian Seal
Day 4: Choose Draga - Unseal Kladen's Vault - Obtain Betrayal Omensight
Day 5: Choose Ludomir - Kill Ratika - Obtain Vera's Seal
Day 6: Choose Ratika - Unseal Amber Tree - Obtain Transgression Omensight
Day 7: Choose Indrik - Spare Ratika(not optional) - Obtain Kladen Seal

It's anyone's guess whether you'll be ready for Voden so soon, but thanks to Cheat Engine that's an easy fix too. You just have to find the memory addresses whose values match your current XP and Amber totals, then narrow it down to the values that decrease alongside your spending at the Chalice and Anvil.

I had serious doubts about grinding all the way to max level but now that won't be an issue.

Ludomir sees it through.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 8, 2018

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Harbinger's most deadlydeadst game.

I think there won't be some happy golden ending for our four npcs. Even with the redeeming effects of time travel and magic omensights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So it sounds like Ratika's done this before? Unless Ratika is a title..