Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I would like to visit Finlandia. I bet there’s a bunch of blonde hotties just waiting for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The entire World War 2 was won by Simo Häyhä and anyone suggesting he used aimbot or wallhack is a loving communist.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Much like the winter war this thread has become a travesty :gas:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I am just happy that when Russia inevitably decides they need more lebensraum that they will first have to gobble up Finland, giving me ample time to flee Scandinavia from my comfortable home base in sweden

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Sweden and Norway are the conjoined two headed dong of Europe and Finland is its ballsack.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Icochet posted:

The entire World War 2 was won by Simo Häyhä and anyone suggesting he used aimbot or wallhack is a loving communist.

I think the wall hack was how the russians were still using their dark green summer uniforms in a winter environment.

Must have been quite the turkey shoot for the bogmen.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

teemu pukki is a finn and plays for my local football team and is very good op

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Testikles posted:

Sweden and Norway are the conjoined two headed dong of Europe and Finland is its ballsack.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
good black metal, not so good treatment of trans people as of late

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

It's not really a recent thing. Things just haven't improved. Looks like the centrist lefties (SDP) have a pretty good shot of forming the next government though, and if they actually make a left leaning government coalition like they should, I'm guessing legislation issues for trans rights will move forward.

Also finnish black metal sucks rear end.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Nurge posted:

It's not really a recent thing. Things just haven't improved. Looks like the centrist lefties (SDP) have a pretty good shot of forming the next government though, and if they actually make a left leaning government coalition like they should, I'm guessing legislation issues for trans rights will move forward.

Also finnish black metal sucks rear end.

nah

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

All black metal sucks rear end unless it's just death metal with satanic lyrics like dissection

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

poverty goat posted:

All black metal sucks rear end unless it's just death metal with satanic lyrics like dissection

get the fvck out of here

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lots of great death metal bands have satanic lyrics and could be black metal, if they were clowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3hnIF5PB1k

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Well I'm ready to emigrate

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Russians defeated bogman by using Zapp Brannigan tactics.

At least due to noble bogman resistance they avoided get hosed over as badly as Warsaw pact countries despite siding with the nazis in WWII.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Everything I know about Finland I learned from the Fingerpori comic strip.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Did anyone post the bus stop meme photo yet?

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The President has a cool dog.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

The most notable thing about Finland is that Finnish posters can't shut the gently caress up about their lovely country, and they always find an excuse to turn any debate to talking about the Finnish wastes, no matter how far fetched their attempts to tie into the current conversation may seem to a normal observer.

I guess we know who the Swede is.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Kak posted:

I like The Dudesons

The only other Finnish TV show I ever saw was a travel series called Madventures. It was pretty cool, they did like 20 episodes in English. Kinda bummed when it stopped but it was kinda a strange choice putting it on the Travel Channel.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

uli2000 posted:

I guess we know who the Swede is.

Swedes do the same thing, all the Nordics apart from maybe the Danes have this disease.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Creature posted:

That's a cool fuckin dog

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Creature posted:

drat for a dog to be not useful sized and still bring that much joy to the world, he earned it

welcome to dog club, Private Junior Can't Breathe Right

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Finland has just lost it's greatest sportsman / popstar / wifestabber.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I should've been born in Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4iw8Ppo1o

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Icochet posted:

Finland has just lost it's greatest sportsman / popstar / wifestabber.

Big Matti has gone to the Alko in the sky.

'F'

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

poverty goat posted:

the coolest album of my youth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0jUpn-LF7c&t=599s

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finlandia is the best brand of vodka, easily.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What would happen if Finland ever became a real country?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

RaceBannon posted:

I think Finnish women are hot.

Can confirm, I got 3 Finnish nurses today, very pretty with utterly unpronounceable names. I just call them Esse, Tiger and Thundercat (Based on what their names kinda sound like, except for Thundercat who has a name Cuthlu could not pronounce)

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Grevling posted:

Swedes do the same thing, all the Nordics apart from maybe the Danes have this disease.

dane spotted

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Thinkin about Patrick Star

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Creature posted:

The president is pretty cool.

And so is the guy carrying him :grin:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why not visit Finland? We've got:

slalom

don cherry

racim

batman

death boat

akseli gallen-kalela

zorros

santa claus

sports

menes

hell

russian smugglers

armi kuusela

children's programming

hygeine

haute cuisine

tom of finland

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jqJPUuFoBY

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Nurge posted:

It's not really a recent thing. Things just haven't improved.

Representative of a class of institutional problems that often only improve one retirement at a time, I suspect.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Groke posted:

Representative of a class of institutional problems that often only improve one retirement at a time, I suspect.

To a point I'm sure, but the lefties definitely want to change things and hopefully they'll get a chance next government, unless the leader of SDP dies from his illness and takes his party down with him.

e: I mean there's not really a pushback against improving things for minorities except from the far fringes. It's more like an apathy on doing anything unless it benefits big business or your political buddies. The christian democrats are probably the only parliamentary party I'd expect to make some sort of noises against trans rights, and they're fairly marginal.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 4, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
My greatest tinder escapades was with a quiet Finnish woman. I didn't even know she even liked me a little until we started loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Never forget: https://www.somethingawful.com/fashion-swat/hel-looks-swat/

It's from 2007 but this is still how all Finns dress. I've been multiclassing a Vesa/Petja look for a while.