Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Whorelord posted:

What happens to the black people that like this music?

Same question but disabled people, I'm more concerned about that demographic given the lineup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Party Cannon rules. No I have not heard their music. But they rule.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
That entire poster could have been black and white if not for Party Cannon. They singlehandedly doubled costs.

naem
May 29, 2011

Whorelord posted:

if it’s a girl and she’s cute she dresses up in lots of makeup and the fetish-y clothing favored by the musical sub-culture, gets lots of attention, and gets her pick of the litter when it come to dating weird white guys

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
OP I would show up late on Sunday, watch the Crystal Method, and then bounce

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

shame on an IGA posted:

A new contender emerge

bonus points: this is taking place on an abandoned NASCAR track

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Robokomodo posted:

Party Cannon rules. No I have not heard their music. But they rule.

I've never heard them either and I listen to a lot of black metal. The first thing that popped into my mind was the Party Cannon serial killer lady so now I'm curious. Gonna listen to them while at work later. Is it all party themed or 1800s serial killer themed? It's gonna be neat to find out.

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

That entire poster could have been black and white if not for Party Cannon. They singlehandedly doubled costs.

Hah!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

carniceria rapist?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

counterfeitsaint posted:

Cyprus Hill I guess I can understand just because they've been around for a long time, but how the gently caress did Big Boi get roped into that?
It's a paying gig.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
sounds about as poo poo as a club with the lights on

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

free hubcaps posted:

how the gently caress does mumford and sons get top billing over loving carlos santana. ftw

Well one is considered a living legend, decades of success, a RnR hall of fame inductee & a contemporary of Jimi Hendrix. The other is white. So here we are.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a metal band called Satana? That would be pretty good.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
poo poo, I'd go for Big Boi, Cypess Hill, and Too $hort alone.

OP's never heard of a Jimmy Buffet concert.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Well one is considered a living legend, decades of success, a RnR hall of fame inductee & a contemporary of Jimi Hendrix. The other is white. So here we are.

It's also probably because no one under the age of 29 knows who Carlos Santana is.
Like unless you were old enough for the Guitar Hero/Rockband days then any band that came out before 1994 just doesn't exist to you.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i think nickleback is simultaneously the whitest band ever not enjoyed by white people

they get poo poo on in canada/usa but sell out stadiums everywhere else lol

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

SketchyNick posted:

"Im from Chicago and im scared of the whites"

Yes. That's true. Usually they're armed, elected or sworn civil servants out hunting the wild "probable cause".

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

But the Oscars just ended OP

The whitest concert is actually any bro country festival

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Whorelord posted:

Metal fans who actually attend concerts are like 90% white men and occasionally white women. Black people who are considerably into metal culture are so, so rare. There's definitely way more black people into terrible crappy pop for white people like OP makes fun of, country music, boomer rock, basically any other visible majority white genre in America than metal. It's not even close.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 25, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

A new contender emerge

This one gets extra points for having multiple rappers and they are all white.

Like, yeah we can have some rap, but only white rap.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Is there a white band called Yeetwolf, because I feel like they should be playing in Napa valley

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Ben Smash posted:

Riot fest is also like 95% white people. Run the jewels concerts are almost exclusively white people.

It sucks. Being around so many white people I feel like they're going to find out I'm half Mexican and toss me out. Hell, I went to Denver not long ago and I don't remember a single brown face until I got a black Uber driver. I couldn't help myself and asked, "dude where are all the people of color?" He laughed and asked where we were from and I said Chicago and suddenly his accent changes and he goes, "alright then, y'all know the struggle! Man I tell you it's freaky they pushin' out all the black families from Black neighborhoods and nobody can afford rent!"

My wife is a child of Eastern European immigrants, she also can't stand most white people.

I don't get it.

Imagine saying the words "dude where are all the people of color?" out loud.

E. Bottlerock looks quite comfortable.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
I'm down.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Issy posted:

I'm down.

Phoebe Buttspray

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What's that one ridiculous festival for horrible aging boomers from 2-4 years ago that people were calling Oldchella? It was like really crazy expensive and there was no performer aged less than 60.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
They should try to get Dave Matthews Band and Widespread Panic on the bill to really whiten up this festival.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

fakeaccount posted:

So what's the blackest?

I mean, there's all kinds of performers on that list, I'm going to guess that OP found his conclusion in the words "Mumford and Sons".

In light of this, I'll say that OP's picture of "blackest festival" is either any live rapper with an audience of 20+ people or a prison riot

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Run The Jewels kicks rear end and no amount of gatekeeping on an Internet forum will keep me from going to a RTJ show, eat me.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Gary Clark Jr, eh? It’ll be fun to see the pasty white crowd be extremely uncomfortable when he plays this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KgNaRQ_J-c

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

fakeaccount posted:

You ever been to a metal show? There'll be way more blacks at blondedreadlockfest up there.

*black people

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Too Short is so black he makes fun of other black rappers for not being black enough. Also Santana was the break though Latino-led rock act of their day. Not whitest at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mordekai posted:

The whitest thing someone could ever say lol.

Also maybe if didn't see any people of color around denver it's probably because he was hanging out at microbreweries or cupcake shops in yuppie neighborhoods mystery solved.

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I guess your lips really get chapped after all those blowjobs?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

i think nickleback is simultaneously the whitest band ever not enjoyed by white people

they get poo poo on in canada/usa but sell out stadiums everywhere else lol

Appalachian MAGA 50-somethings can't get enough of them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Also lmao holy poo poo imagine being so emotionally fragile that the opinions of Billy Corgan are an existential threat to your self-worth.

The Imagine Dragons Guy posted:

How it could possibly make a kid feel “not cool” listening to imagine dragons. I hate that thought. Wondering if my kids will be made fun of as they grow older because someone thinks my band isn’t cool.

I’ve gotten over the fact that guys in other bands (the 1975, foster the people, smashing pumpkins, slipknot, etc) feel a need to talk badly about my band for whatever reason.

I don’t feel anger towards them actually, just more of a sadness that this industry embraces, even celebrates this mentality. I wish it felt like a place where artists stood by each other and supported one another – regardless of our different tastes and voices.

My band mates are some of my best friends. We are authentically ourselves and strive to bring positivity and empowerment to the world.

We’ll continue to do just that.
X DR”

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
No OP its this:

http://www.theboatyweekender.com/

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

shame on an IGA posted:

Also lmao holy poo poo imagine being so emotionally fragile that the opinions of Billy Corgan are an existential threat to your self-worth.

I mean I feel for the dude, but Imagine Dragons really is unspeakably lame. :shrug:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Oh cool Jenny Lewis is gonna be there I like her

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
tay tay

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

This poster looks like someones ejaculation garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Mordekai posted:

E. Bottlerock looks quite comfortable.

i dont have to imagine it, i did it. Me, the guy posting this. I was genuinely confused. My neighbors in Chicago are LatinX on one side and Native American on the other.