Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
i don't have any strong opinions because i mostly just slept through temple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I went down on a girl named Shelly in the church basement around 15 minutes after mass once, pretty sure god has hated me ever since. God gets pissed when anyone else gets some action but what does he do about it? Not a loving thing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kuato posted:

I don’t think he’s a very good person tbqh

He a really good comedian tho

pretend bad poster
Mar 13, 2019
it's 2019, not 1920

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I just watched this launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMIMRV23Qg

The Wideband Global SATCOM system (WGS) is a high capacity satellite communications system planned for use in partnership by the United States Department of Defense (DoD) and the Australian Department of Defence. :australia:
The system is composed of the Space Segment satellites, the Terminal Segment users and the Control Segment operators.

There is no "god" you dumb gently caress.

:350:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm p sure there's no such thing as God but if there is one the state of the universe gives a lot of credibility to the concept of maltheism.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Literally nothing in the universe makes sense as the product of all-knowing, benevolent god.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

God is some real bullshit, OP

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I think nothing of that, whats more important is what does this god think about the never ending wars in its name by the 3 religions who all claim to worship the same one?
Absolutely 0. chums, so, what does that tell you about a supposedly all powerful deity?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Had to put my cat down recently. No just God would allow that to happen.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

staberind posted:

I think nothing of that, whats more important is what does this god think about the never ending wars in its name by the 3 religions who all claim to worship the same one?
Absolutely 0. chums, so, what does that tell you about a supposedly all powerful deity?

He doesn't care about that lame nerd poo poo

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Depending on how you look at it, God either picked a great time or the worst possible time to abandon us.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

what in the hell is he even goddamn doing? I wanna talk to that guys manager

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Doesn't exist or is at least, extremely disappointing and woefully bad at his/her/their/its job.
I wish it made sense to believe in a higher power. It'd make life so much easier.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they say the even star trek movies are the good ones but star trek 5 was awesome

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Had to put my cat down recently. No just God would allow that to happen.

:(

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
bring him before me

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The real question you should be asking yourself is what does god think about you?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

God has a cold wet nose and big slobbery tongue.

My God died a couple weeks ago and I've been crying nonstop ever since :smith:

Hopefully I will find a new God to worship soon

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Can’t believe he phoned it in. 7 days to make a whole universe? Lazy

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I was raised in a country where the vast majority of the population does not believe in god or religion so I was free to kind of just make up my own mind on the matter without being influenced growing up and it's fairly obvious it's all bogus.

But I guess people need their support systems to get through life

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

God isn't real OP (but if it was it'd be bad)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Well if Pat Robertson believes in God, then so do I.

*self flagellates piously

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
People who believe in God have tiny weiners.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
People who don't believe in gods also have tiny wieners. Sacrifice to Priapus, today!

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Zeus is a mighty and powerful being - just look at the lightning bolts he throws down. He deserves our respect.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I can barely comprehend my own existence, the idea of god is too difficult for me to grasp on any level

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

People who don't believe in gods also have tiny wieners. Sacrifice to Priapus, today!

I have a big Weiner! <:mad:>

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I had a religious experience in my mid 20s, right in the middle of a workday. Very akin to how William James described it - transient, ineffable, noetic, and passive.

I spent the next few years chasing that insight, spending five days at a monastery in St. Cloud, MN, and praying in the Baha'i temple outside of Chicago; my lightly Lutheran wife was baffled of course.

Today God and I are on good terms, I think.

Hard to tell, really.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
People who say god doesn't exist are the most insufferable and presumptuous people in the world. I for one really hope that god exists just so the people who think that way can be wrong. It'd be pretty amazing.

Also, from a purely sociological perspective god so certainly exists it's not even a loving question.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Also obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clxtg2pFTQM

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I like how God makes kids die.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Thots and Prayers posted:

I had a religious experience in my mid 20s, right in the middle of a workday. Very akin to how William James described it - transient, ineffable, noetic, and passive.

I spent the next few years chasing that insight, spending five days at a monastery in St. Cloud, MN, and praying in the Baha'i temple outside of Chicago; my lightly Lutheran wife was baffled of course.

Today God and I are on good terms, I think.

Hard to tell, really.

You were just drunk at work, hth

Literally A Person posted:

Also, from a purely sociological perspective god so certainly exists it's not even a loving question.

From a perspective of my butthole god so certainly doesn't it's not even a loving question.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 16, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

One time at work I thought I had a religious experience. A burning sensation started deep in my belly and slowly spread up and down at the same time. I felt the fire spread down my arms and legs, and into my toes and fingers. It never went above my neck, though. Gradually, the burning subsided and a tingling sensation was left behind, and my whole body was just pulsating in the same rhythm, from torso to fingers to toes.

Then I started throwing up and making GBS threads liquid diarrhea out my rear end simultaneously.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Who What Now posted:

From a perspective of my butthole god so certainly doesn't it's not even a loving question.

Thus making you an idiot.

Sociologically if god doesn't exist then please explain how it is holy wars came about. Please also explain how there are millions upon millions of people who believe in it. What you're saying is akin to saying that race isn't real despite the fact that it's routinely used as a categorical distinction everyday.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 16, 2019

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I haven't to gone to church in years but I had 2 hymns from my grandfather's funeral stuck in my head for weeks before he fell Ill. I also had a couple of ominous bird encounters around his death- right before he went to the hospital I saw a great horned owl on my neighbor's roof, and when I googled to confirm this the helpful info above the search informed me that it was an omen of death. Then when I visited him at the hospital there was a huge crow in my parking spot. So I'm pretty sure the Christian God and some kind of pagan bird God were both angling for my attention, or maybe it's just the human brain searching for patterns and meaning in retrospect from a couple of strangely ethereal weeks of grief

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Thus making you an idiot.

Sociologically if god doesn't exist then please explain how it is holy wars came about. Please also explain how there are millions upon millions of people who believe in it.

I didn't deny any of this. I'm just saying my bhole is proof a just and loving God doesn't exist.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Who What Now posted:

I didn't deny any of this. I'm just saying my bhole is proof a just and loving God doesn't exist.

Just and loving? Yeah, even the people who really believe in god aren't that deluded.

I hope.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Lazy bastard. 6 days of work and then takes a few millenia off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sociologically if god doesn't exist then please explain how it is holy wars came about. Please also explain how there are millions upon millions of people who believe in it.

People will embrace any dumbass reason to a) feel like they're better than someone else, and b) feel righteous about inflicting suffering on others.