Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I forget how slow draft discussion works: Do we do it in here or make a new thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do it here so we can make fun of your picks

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

I forget how slow draft discussion works: Do we do it in here or make a new thread?

We usually do a separate thread. I guess if nobody cared, we could poo poo up the regular ff thread.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

We usually do a separate thread. I guess if nobody cared, we could poo poo up the regular ff thread.

poo poo away!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So I had the sixth pick and grabbed Todd Gurley. In the words of the Allman brothers, Lord I was born a gamblin man!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

So I had the sixth pick and grabbed Todd Gurley. In the words of the Allman brothers, Lord I was born a gamblin man!

There's no way in hell I'm picking Gurley this year. His risk level is way too high for a first round pick. I'm just glad that at 1.05 I have the easy choice of Melvin Gordon.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Happy to snag Hopkins at 8th in a PPR. Like him better than Adam's because Houston scored more in 2018 and retains more offensive pieces than GB. Like him better than Michael Thomas because Drew Brees seemed to suck at the deep ball in the last few games of last year. Like him better than Julio because Julio seems to trend towards low touchdown numbers

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 7, 2019

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Drunk Nerds posted:

Happy to snag Hopkins at 8th in a PPR

I think you might have picked him for someone else at 7?

Just got an alert saying the commish picked for VC Team and took Hopkins 7th.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think you might have picked him for someone else at 7?

Just got an alert saying the commish picked for VC Team and took Hopkins 7th.

Oh fudge, thanks. I will fix that.

Edit: Okay, so it doesn't let commish do it, but VC can easily undo it by going to their roster and cutting the player. I'll pm him

quote:

FleaMod Admin 5 years ago
You can only undo a pick in an e-mail draft by the last person signing in who made that pick and going to their Roster and selecting Cut for that player. It will undo the pick. You can keep going back, but the new owner who is on the clock will keep having to sign in.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 7, 2019

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
So I took Kamara over McCaffrey at 1.3. Didn't do a ton of thinking about it beyond just feeling better about the offense in NO generally than in CAR. That said, if I'd taken McCaffrey I wouldn't be too upset- I'm guessing barring injury he and Kamara end up having pretty similar seasons. Anybody have a strong take one way or the other?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
At 1.01, it came down to Zeke and Saquon and it was extremely close for me. I woke up this morning wanting Zeke, and I've already talked myself back into Saquon. I get that the Giants are a mess, but they were a mess last year and added Zeitler, which should help. He may have limited TD upside but he was top-four in RB targets, receptions and reYDs. You can scheme around a bad line to get around 8 in the box if you have a back like Saquon.

He had slightly more yards on 30 fewer touches than Zeke last year and he has big, beautiful quads which pushed me over the edge taking Saquon at 1.01.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

So I took Kamara over McCaffrey at 1.3. Didn't do a ton of thinking about it beyond just feeling better about the offense in NO generally than in CAR. That said, if I'd taken McCaffrey I wouldn't be too upset- I'm guessing barring injury he and Kamara end up having pretty similar seasons. Anybody have a strong take one way or the other?

It seems like the top half of the first round is pretty interchangeable.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

At 1.01, it came down to Zeke and Saquon and it was extremely close for me. I woke up this morning wanting Zeke, and I've already talked myself back into Saquon. I get that the Giants are a mess, but they were a mess last year and added Zeitler, which should help. He may have limited TD upside but he was top-four in RB targets, receptions and reYDs. You can scheme around a bad line to get around 8 in the box if you have a back like Saquon.

He had slightly more yards on 30 fewer touches than Zeke last year and he has big, beautiful quads which pushed me over the edge taking Saquon at 1.01.

I took Zeke because he took Saquon.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Veritek83 posted:

Thanks for doing that. I wanted McCaffrey so it worked out for me. I'm thinking this year if I'm not picking in the top 5 then I want to pick in one of the last two draft slots. It's early but that might have the most value.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK those are all reasonable picks but what I think by far the most pressing issue of fantasy football 2019: with the retirement of gronk... who is the first TE off the board, and when should he be taken?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Draft no TE

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

OK those are all reasonable picks but what I think by far the most pressing issue of fantasy football 2019: with the retirement of gronk... who is the first TE off the board, and when should he be taken?

It's Kelce right? And probably 3rd? 3/4? Really though it's grab your favorite guy in the 10th.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh fudge, thanks. I will fix that.

Edit: Okay, so it doesn't let commish do it, but VC can easily undo it by going to their roster and cutting the player. I'll pm him

Corrected, although for a minute I was considering just keeping Hopkins, but ultimately grabbed Adams instead.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

It's Kelce right? And probably 3rd? 3/4? Really though it's grab your favorite guy in the 10th.

Kelce and 3rd. Kelce scored like a WR1 in each of the last two years (WR8 in '18; WR7 in '17?) without any TE premium. That's late 2 / early 3 territory in redraft if he was a WR. Given he's not a WR, the positional value is a solid bonus.

In TE premium, he's probably a 2nd.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

What are the thoughts on Gurley at six? I'm struggling to place his value.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sataere posted:

Hot chocolate high velocity

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

He's on my "do not draft" list.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Sataere posted:

Too risky that high, imo. Would happily take any of Gordon/Nuk/Davante/DJ/Bell over Gurley this year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
If Gurley is there in the mid 2nd, like low RB1 or high RB2, I don't know how I could turn him down. Before that and I probably go for the safer options.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I feel like as we get closer to August we'll get more and better info that'll help clarify Gurley's place.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

yeah but is kelce's value improved or diminished by the WR situation in KC?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let's have a brief 1.01 conversation. Because I had a comically bad year and ended up with it for the first time in a long time.

First of all, ewok squirrel face Estinkial Elliott is off the table for obvious reasons.

So, seems the consensus #1 is Saquon Barkley. He was an absolute monster and I couldn't help but marvel at him when my beloved were playing against him last year. He's a freak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQPfLO5amRA

But, man. Do I hate investing 1.01 into such a terrible offense. Eli Manning/Daniel Jones....Golden Tate/Shepherd/Engram....that o-line....I guess it's kind of like the Vikings AP days fantasy wise. And thank goodness Eli only checks down now so Barkley gets 18 receptions a game. But, if Eli were to get injured/Jones gets the start. It could get bad real fast for Barkley. Reaaaaal fast.

But, what's everyone's thinking?
  • Saquon Barkley - Absolute stud. God awful offense surrounding him. At least Beckham used to be there to draw coverage. Now it's completely the transparent dink & dunk Eli show.
  • Todd Gurley - Is he broken? Darrell Henderson was my favorite RB of the draft going into it (I didn't think the Eagles were gonna go RB so early). He's gonna be a sneaky late round fantasy play.
  • Le'Veon Bell - New team, hoping for a nice second year from Sam Darnold. Which, I think is more than likely. But, I think Bell & Antonio are gonna suffer a good chunk from not being in the Steelers system anymore with Big Rape. The biggest factor for me....Adam Gase. I just look and see what he did with Ajayi in Miami and all of the "starting" RBs in Miami. I think Gase is a terrible head coach and I could see it blowing up on the Jets despite how promising things look on paper.
  • Alvin Kamara - Probably the safest 1.01 pick, honestly.
  • Christian McCaffrey - Another fairly safe pick that will be a steal in the middle of the 1st. He did it all. Basically Carolina's Kamara.
  • Melvin Gordon - Probably a safe pick, but with more risk than Kamara and CMC. Has a lot more tread on the wheels. I think this is his last good year before his decline. But, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened half way through this year. However, I expect the Chargers to ride him as hard as they did last year.
  • DeAndre Hopkins - This might be the 1.01 pick. Would take injury to him or Watson to not pay off. I think he went over 100 receptions without a drop last year?
  • Ezekiel Elliott - squirrel.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Your worst case scenario is "Eli is no longer the quarterback" which is a best-case in disguise. Don't overthink it imo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Saquon is the choice and it’s not close

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

yeah but is kelce's value improved or diminished by the WR situation in KC?

I'd say stays the same. He was one of the top TE before Hill, anyways.

The only catch with Kelce at 2/3 is Ertz and Kittle being right on his heels yardage-wise. It makes for less of a clear cut advantage, I think.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

As much as Matthew Berry falls flat, I always thought one of his best pieces of insight was "you cant win your league with your first round pick, but you can lose it."

The first round has so many studs, this year, it's hard for me to talk myself into one with any glaring question marks

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Interesting. You guys all pretty much fell where I fell on this.

Drunk Nerds posted:

As much as Matthew Berry falls flat, I always thought one of his best pieces of insight was "you cant win your league with your first round pick, but you can lose it."

The first round has so many studs, this year, it's hard for me to talk myself into one with any glaring question marks

I don't buy this axiom. I think leagues are won in the middle rounds. I don't think any one round can win or lose it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Prove it and take the Bears kicker with your first rounder sir

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sataere posted:

Interesting. You guys all pretty much fell where I fell on this.

I don't buy this axiom. I think leagues are won in the middle rounds. I don't think any one round can win or lose it.

You lose if you take a kicker before the final round

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol @ leagues that still use kickers

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Prove it and take the Bears kicker with your first rounder sir

You lose if you take a Bears kicker in any round.

Azhais posted:

You lose if you take a kicker before the final round

This actually sounds like an interesting challenge. I'm going to join a public league and draft a kicker first round. I might even do one of the Yahoo pay ones. That could be an interesting experiment. Make sure you guys remind me before the season starts or I might forget.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Happy to snag Hopkins at 8th in a PPR. Like him better than Adam's because Houston scored more in 2018 and retains more offensive pieces than GB. Like him better than Michael Thomas because Drew Brees seemed to suck at the deep ball in the last few games of last year. Like him better than Julio because Julio seems to trend towards low touchdown numbers

For me going Adams over Hopkins was pretty much the opposite reasoning of yours. I'm worried that if Keke and Will Fuller find a way to be healthy for more than 3 games next season, it's gonna drop Hopkins enough that it made more sense for me to grab Adams. Combined that with the Packers not adding any offensive weapons while also shedding dead weight at WR.

Keke Coutee went for 11 receptions in the Texans last game of the season, and it was his first game back after being injured for over a month. If he and Fuller stays healthy all year, Hopkins is gonna take a decent hit in PPR leagues imo. I'd still happily take him in the 1st though, but i like Adams a tad bit more currently.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 8, 2019

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

I'm worried that if Keke and Will Fuller find a way to be healthy

There's your first mistake :v:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

There's your first mistake :v:

Yea, haha. Aside from the hamstring injury that bugged Coutee last year, he hasn't really had that much of an injury history. He didn't miss one game in 3 seasons at TxTech before that hammy last year. I'm hoping he does stay healthy because depending on where his ADP is closer to the season, he may end up a PPR superstar this season, i'm hoping to target him in the later rounds depending on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

Yea, haha. Aside from the hamstring injury that bugged Coutee last year, he hasn't really had that much of an injury history. He didn't miss one game in 3 seasons at TxTech before that hammy last year. I'm hoping he does stay healthy because depending on where his ADP is closer to the season, he may end up a PPR superstar this season, i'm hoping to target him in the later rounds depending on that.

To be fair, that joke was more directed at Fuller.

EDIT: Also, I'm in no way knocking the pick. I'm a huge Adams fan. I'm not sure if he's my WR1 this year, but he's definitely in the discussion.