Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Translator skipped the bit about Andrade's wife...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thug Rose would have won :colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

No loving way

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BTW as a whole that was a lovely card that had a few decent moments. Most of the fights were wholly skippable.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

BTW as a whole that was a lovely card that had a few decent moments. Most of the fights were wholly skippable.

:shrug: i thought most of em were pretty decent

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Brut posted:

Yeah he seems alright.

He cuts out some detail in what the fighters are saying.
The last bit Zhang Weili said in Chinese, I think she asked Dana when China could get a digital broadcast.

Some more tidbits I learned while googling around:
- instead of transliterating White (like Wai Te), they translate it, so his name comes out as "white Dana"
- Li Jingliang's nickname is apparently Vampire, not Leech.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

leech is way cooler. also, white dana is pretty good, but too close to "whitey" for comfort for Dana.

3 page gdt owned, by the way. cooler way to catch up compared to reading sherdog lol

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

how good was this card?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

woozy pawsies posted:

how good was this card?

it was fine. no terrible fights, some were decent scraps, but nothing particularly great. the main was a nice holy poo poo moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I got a lot out of the decent performances by Chinese fighters. The crowd was insanely pumped. On the prelims, Sumukaerji put on a sanshou/southpaw clinic. I like the raking moves where he ran forward and to Soukhamthat's outside and landed to the body while avoiding his right.