Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

If anyone wants to make some more avs and sigs, I am happy to offer A LOT OF MONEY by buying artists avs if they want some, still have some certs around and where better to invest it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

If anyone wants to make some more avs and sigs, I am happy to offer A LOT OF MONEY by buying artists avs if they want some, still have some certs around and where better to invest it

I meant to sit down and work on some of these last night, and got interrupted! but I do intend to do some, and there's still lots of time before hell o wiener, fortunately.

ty nesamdoom!

Korean Boomhauer
mines gonna require a little drawing so i have no problem throwing money at people tbh

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

I meant to sit down and work on some of these last night, and got interrupted! but I do intend to do some, and there's still lots of time before hell o wiener, fortunately.

No rush! Art is not a race
I mean, I probably owe vanisher and you like five avs at this point so hit me up if you want me to buy something for you anyways

nut

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I would love it if anyone could make my av spoopy or more festive. Maybe a giant pumpkin instead of the silver platter or like a headless horseman thing or a spooky ghost schnitzel or something? all ideas are welcome!

I kind of freeballed it but lemme know what u think

nut

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I have an idea for a slight update to my av but I may have to pay someone to draw it

i very much can't draw but if the av is within the realm of photoshop i can try

nut

pixaal posted:

Spiders and Halloween just go together I don't think I could possibly skip a fall sig. I have a high res poorly done crop (it was one of my first crop jobs) of my avatar here it's not bad, but I know I could do better now.

If there's a really good idea for my avatar I'm not opposed to switching it up but it feels on theme already so if nothing is jumping out at you don't force it.

i'm sorry i totally missed this post somehow on pg 1! There is always room for weening up an av so i made ur spider dress up like elvis and go trick r treetin (with 2 diff transparency styles if u like one over the other)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I have an idea for a slight update to my av but I may have to pay someone to draw it

What kind of drawing, bud?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

nut posted:

I kind of freeballed it but lemme know what u think

Thank you it is perfect! I especially like the jauntily angled pickelhaube and batstache

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Thank you it is perfect! I especially like the jauntily angled pickelhaube and batstache

drat fast dang nut = king

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

redm

Goons Are Great posted:

Wooooohooooo im haunting this thread because I need an av and sig booooohooooooo

i got this far but then blender crashed and i forgot to save so i have to start over :duckie:

sig by Manifisto

nut

redm posted:

i got this far but then blender crashed and i forgot to save so i have to start over :duckie:

:eyepop:

Goons Are Gifts

Holy loving poo poo I'm running already

Manifisto

redm posted:

I love it

blender autosaves! some of your work may be recoverable!

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/troubleshooting/recover.html

ymmv but good luck

ty nesamdoom!

redm

Manifisto posted:

I love it

blender autosaves! some of your work may be recoverable!

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/troubleshooting/recover.html

ymmv but good luck

i tried the recovery method but to no avail, its cool tho ty

sig by Manifisto

nut

redm posted:

i tried the recovery method but to no avail, its cool tho ty

holy this is incredible

Goons Are Gifts

Good lord Cthulhu in the sea that is amazing poo poo and I want it

alnilam

hot diggity dang

ty manifisto

redm

couldnt get much further than this because my laptop wouldnt do it

sig by Manifisto

nut

redm posted:

hell ya it owns so hard if u want i can cut it out if u can't render w transparency

Korean Boomhauer

hamjobs posted:

What kind of drawing, bud?

its a really dumb idea but i want my character + the kpop hat in my current av and either boomhauers expression or the silly one the character kinda has now

alternatively a s1ck 3d version of my current one. or both! whichever is clever

Goons Are Gifts

redm posted:

oh my god I can't even, like, what!!

redm

nut posted:

hell ya it owns so hard if u want i can cut it out if u can't render w transparency

yea i dont know how to do that yet :<

sig by Manifisto

Manifisto

redm posted:

yea i dont know how to do that yet :<

that is so dang cool

to render with transparency, go to the Render tab of the Properties window, and under "Film" check "Transparent." this means that the background will not be rendered. looks like you have set up a floor and walls etc, that stuff will be rendered anyway because it's not the background. you can disable the rendering of those objects in the Outliner, there's a "Disable in Renders" toggle that you can use on a per-object or per-collection basis. that toggle is not visible by default I believe, to see the toggle click the "Filter" button (it looks like a funnel) and you'll see a section called "Restriction Toggles," mouse over the icons until you find the one that says "Disable in Renders" and click/enable it. then you'll see that toggle next to each item in the Outliner.

make sure you're rendering to a PNG, because PNGs support transparency/alpha. you can't render a transparent background to a JPG, I'm pretty sure.

this is sort of by the way, but there is a way in Blender to render shadows without rendering the object that is "catching" the shadows. it's a little more involved but it's super useful if you want to composite a rendered object onto something else, e.g. a photo or a video, and still see natural-looking shadows.

is that an eevee render? if so, have you tried rendering in cycles?

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

have you tried rendering in cycles?

Yeah, I tried 3 times and got the same result each time!

ty manifisto

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Yeah, I tried 3 times and got the same result each time!

thread concept: blender standup comedy

contribution: subsurfin' safari

ty nesamdoom!

redm

Manifisto posted:

is that an eevee render? if so, have you tried rendering in cycles?

I think cycles is what I'm using in the viewport but I dont know how to set the render engine for an export

sig by Manifisto

FreshCutFries

redm posted:

I think cycles is what I'm using in the viewport but I dont know how to set the render engine for an export

have I said how good this is yet because it's really good

Goons Are Gifts

FreshCutFries posted:

have I said how good this is yet because it's really good

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

redm posted:

this, exactly this, same angle, but in an idle walking animation. Maybe some tentacle wriggling and other motions for realism but this is simply near perfect as is. There's really not much else that can be done to this.

sig by owlhawk911

redm

pixaal posted:

this, exactly this, same angle, but in an idle walking animation. Maybe some tentacle wriggling and other motions for realism but this is simply near perfect as is. There's really not much else that can be done to this.

if anyone wants to try rigging it for animation, I can provide the blend file. I'm not quite at that part of the process yet, I want to get there but I don't know if I'll be able to before halloween is over :o

sig by Manifisto

ChubbyChecker

could someone make a crude mspaint to update the year in my sig. like, draw a line over 2018 and write 2019 on top of it

tia

redm

FreshCutFries posted:

my av will never change but my name changed to something i don't hate and i need a new sig now. skeletons + buddhism is my very complicated and deep brand. thank you

i tried to do a cloth simulation for this one but couldnt get it to work

sig by Manifisto

FreshCutFries

redm posted:

i tried to do a cloth simulation for this one but couldnt get it to work

this owns. thank you.

nut

Goons Are Gifts

redm posted:

I'm looking for some background for the sig I want to use this masterpiece in, something spoopy and weird probably, anyone got an idea?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm looking for some background for the sig I want to use this masterpiece in, something spoopy and weird probably, anyone got an idea?

um the dancing gif but like, a witch hat on the dancer
e: and the tree is yellow and red leaf style, and there is a punkin

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It kind of looks like something you might expect out in a nuclear wasteland so maybe go for a very Fallout like background, it's not fully on a fall theme, but the avatar might be spooky enough by itself to just pull it off.

That or maybe it's sitting down for a thanksgiving dinner.

sig by owlhawk911

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

redm posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

it's amazing

how about something by Zdzisław Beksiński, e.g.

google for more

ty nesamdoom!