Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ah, but have you considered that the results of an investigation would be inconvenient to the people who decide whether an investigation happens or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also I should note that tabloids haven't been at the forefront of Epstein reporting. The bulk of the credit should go to an actual newspaper, the Miami Herald. https://www.miamiherald.com/topics/jeffrey-epstein

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Also The Daily Mail is so disreputable even Wikipedia says you shouldn't use them as a source except for things like sports results, unless you have no other choice.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Chris Tucker nooooo :smith:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

In a healthier industry this would mean some real serious conversations about both cultural norms and journalistic practices but what I'm seeing is the stagnant and unaccountable management getting more stagnant and unaccountable as papers and websites fold and get bought up by investment firms looking to turn a quick profit and resell.

Curious how the Gannett/Gatehouse deal will affect those daily publications, though it isn't really related to the thread topic

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Chris Tucker nooooo :smith:

There’s actually a really long article online about how Chris Tucker was only on the same plane as Epstein, Clinton, and Spacey because they were all flying to an African charity benefit. That particular flight is well logged and documented and nothing gross happened on that SPECIFIC flight. Chris Tucker is fine

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Big Beef City posted:

It is, quite literally and physically, the handwritten contact book of a known child sex trafficker with multiple models names as well as the names of people known to have ridden on the plane he used to traffic the models and them to and from his private island where they resided and were known to have orgies.

I'm not sure what else is needed here.

Is every single name and contact in it associated with that?
Probably not.
Should every single name and contact in it be investigated because of these actions?
What do you think?

Nobody is saying these people don't need a light shined on them and to find out what they know, just that it is hyperbolic to think that a 93 page contact book of a jet setting billionaire financier/socialite is filled with only bona fide pedos.

Acting like every name in the book is a confirmed kid fucker will simply muddy the waters and allow the actually guilty people to hide behind the other names on the list who just rubbed shoulders with the guy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jeza posted:

Nobody is saying these people don't need a light shined on them and to find out what they know, just that it is hyperbolic to think that a 93 page contact book of a jet setting billionaire financier/socialite is filled with only bona fide pedos.

Acting like every name in the book is a confirmed kid fucker will simply muddy the waters and allow the actually guilty people to hide behind the other names on the list who just rubbed shoulders with the guy.

So... Exactly what I said then?

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Yeah I dont know what it is but mods here really dont like this topic.

Not the first time GBS mods covered up a child sex abuse scandal.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s actually a really long article online about how Chris Tucker was only on the same plane as Epstein, Clinton, and Spacey because they were all flying to an African charity benefit. That particular flight is well logged and documented and nothing gross happened on that SPECIFIC flight. Chris Tucker is fine

I have some bad news for you...

https://nypost.com/2019/09/10/jeffrey-epstein-staffers-posted-photos-with-a-slew-of-celebrities/

quote:

Housekeepers at Jeffrey Epstein’s tony Upper East Side townhouse took photos of themselves with famous faces, including Prince Andrew, Bill Clinton and the Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson.

Epstein staffer Jun-Lyn Fontanilla posted the undated photos on her personal Facebook page. The smiling snaps show her posing, often times alongside her husband Jojo, who also worked for the multimillionaire pedophile, with celebrities.

One pic is of the couple and Epstein, clad in a Harvard shirt.

“With our boss,” Fontanilla captioned it.

Another blurry photo appears to show actress Hilary Swank with Fontanilla, Jojo and four others, according to the Daily Mail.

The photos — which also feature model Petra Nemcova and actor Chris Tucker — were uploaded in March 2009, but it’s unclear when they were taken.

One appears to show Jun-Lyn and her husband with a much-younger Prince Andrew, who was formally married to Ferguson.

There is also one of Jun-Lyn posing inside Epstein’s home office — with his taxidermied tiger.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's the paradox of tabloids. Same thing happened when the Enquirer (IIRC) broke the John Edwards affair story. When you run literally every rumor you can, sometimes you get it right. This shouldn't be confused for them being good investigative journalists. They're not. That same Enquirer did all kinds of sketch-rear end unethical poo poo with the Trump campaign. There are just times when saying "gently caress it" to the idea of ethical journalism lets you print poo poo other outlets won't.

Sitting on information* to avoid embarrassing your organization, or worse to protect someone else, is a big no-no in reporting. Doesn't matter if you're the Enquirer or USA Today. It's amazing how much the Trump years have revealed about what a mess the news industry is. The NY Post and Washington Times aren't good outlets, but the NY Times and Washington Post have failed again and again, and I'm very worried about what this will mean for the ability of American journalism to recover.

In a healthier industry this would mean some real serious conversations about both cultural norms and journalistic practices but what I'm seeing is the stagnant and unaccountable management getting more stagnant and unaccountable as papers and websites fold and get bought up by investment firms looking to turn a quick profit and resell.

*besides the much bigger topic of protecting sources

edit: Checked and it was indeed the Enquirer that broke the Edwards story.

It’s great you hate tabloids, but it was the Miami Herald that broke this last year.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

arent you both sayign the same thing

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also I should note that tabloids haven't been at the forefront of Epstein reporting. The bulk of the credit should go to an actual newspaper, the Miami Herald. https://www.miamiherald.com/topics/jeffrey-epstein

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The John Edwards affair story was the work of some very good investigative journalism. Ironically, mainstream media defenders will stretch the truth and skew the facts in order to try and push their narrative in the face of reality.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Flavahbeast posted:

arent you both sayign the same thing

yes but I posted the the deal of a lifetime story that started all this

E. Because I live in south Florida and read it when it came out and said holy poo poo

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The uncircled names are probably innocuous contacts from socialite networking. According to Epstein’s butler who originally smuggled out the black book and mysteriously died like 6 months later, the circled names are definitely involved in the child trafficking operation in some capacity.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

multimillionaire pedophile

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

VideoGameVet posted:

Speaking of the MIT media lab:

Renowned MIT Scientist Defends Epstein: Victims Were ‘Entirely Willing’

An MIT engineering alumna, Selam Jie Gano, published a blog post calling for Stallman’s removal from the university in light of his comments, along with excerpts from the email in which Stallman appeared to defend both Epstein and Marvin Minsky, a lauded cognitive scientist and founder of MIT’s Artificial Intelligence Lab who was accused of assaulting Virginia Giuffre. Giuffre has alleged that sex offender and financier Epstein trafficked her to powerful men for sex, including Minsky, who died in 2016. She’s alleged that Epstein and his alleged madam Ghislaine Maxwell recruited her at Mar-a-Lago when she was 16 years old.

Stallman wrote that “the most plausible scenario” for Giuffre’s accusations was that she was, in actuality, “entirely willing.” Vice’s Motherboard later reprinted the emails in full. Gano did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Stallman also wrote in the email exchange that “it is morally absurd to define ‘rape’ in a way that depends on minor details such as which country it was in or whether the victim was 18 years old or 17.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/famed-mit-computer-scientist-richard-stallman-defends-epstein-victims-were-entirely-willing

Career Ending Move Asshat!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JK Fresco posted:

The John Edwards affair story was the work of some very good investigative journalism. Ironically, mainstream media defenders will stretch the truth and skew the facts in order to try and push their narrative in the face of reality.
Oh yeah man totally know what you're saying, lol, definitely think you're making good-faith points haha, based on your posts

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Wow it took you 4 days to come up with that reply?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JK Fresco posted:

Wow it took you 4 days to come up with that reply?
Yes, that's what happened there lmao

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/crime/2019/08/20/tartaglione-epstein-death/2066257001/
Guards threaten Tartaglione if he talks about jail conditions or Epstein's death: Lawyer

Guards in Metropolitan Correctional Center threatened accused killer Nicholas Tartaglione if he shares information about the death of his former cellmate Jeffrey Epstein, according to a letter filed Tuesday  by Tartaglione's lawyer. 

Tartaglione and his lawyer, Bruce Barket, should "'shut up,' 'stop talking' and 'stop complaining' to name a few of the comments various guards have made," Barket said in the letter federal court judge Kenneth Karas.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

JK Fresco posted:

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/crime/2019/08/20/tartaglione-epstein-death/2066257001/
Guards threaten Tartaglione if he talks about jail conditions or Epstein's death: Lawyer

Guards in Metropolitan Correctional Center threatened accused killer Nicholas Tartaglione if he shares information about the death of his former cellmate Jeffrey Epstein, according to a letter filed Tuesday  by Tartaglione's lawyer. 

Tartaglione and his lawyer, Bruce Barket, should "'shut up,' 'stop talking' and 'stop complaining' to name a few of the comments various guards have made," Barket said in the letter federal court judge Kenneth Karas.

Any bets on how long until this guy "commits suicide" too?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Wizzanthos posted:

Any bets on how long until this guy "commits suicide" too?

https://www.thecut.com/2019/09/kevin-spacey-sexual-assault-accuser-found-dead.html
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kevin-spacey-sex-assault-accuser-dead.amp

Kevin Spacey Sexual Assault Accuser Found Dead

The massage therapist who sued Kevin Spacey for sexual assault has died, according to court records.

Lawyers for Spacey filed a “notice of statement noting plaintiff’s death” in the federal case on Tuesday. They said they were informed on Sept. 11 that the masseur had “recently passed.”

NANTUCKET PROSECUTORS DROP CASE AGAINST KEVIN SPACEY

“No further information or details have been given to Mr. Fowler’s counsel, but Plaintiff’s counsel stated they intended to notify the Court with additional information at an appropriate time in the future,” the filing said, referring to Spacey by his real name, Kevin Fowler.

The massage therapist, who filed his suit as an anonymous John Doe, had claimed he was attacked by the “American Beauty” actor two years ago during a massage session in Malibu.

New update:

Genie Harrison exclusively told RadarOnline.com in a statement that after her client died, Spacey’s attorney team filed notice of the death .

As Radar previously reported, the massage therapist who accused the actor, 60, of forced sexual contact “recently passed” from unknown causes, according to a notice filed in U.S. District Court by the actor’s attorneys.

JK Fresco fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 21, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
His family posted it was cancer on Twitter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JK Fresco posted:

So this guy that allegedly murdered 4 people is mad about possibly being blamed for a fifth? Idgi

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

So this guy that allegedly murdered 4 people is mad about possibly being blamed for a fifth? Idgi

What, specifically, are you arguing here?
That the man isn't allowed to defend himself against murder charges because you don't like him or what?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Beef City posted:

What, specifically, are you arguing here?
That the man isn't allowed to defend himself against murder charges because you don't like him or what?

Of,course, but he’s a cop accused of murdering 4 people so I have doubts :shrug:

Obviously we have no idea since the cameras stopped working, ep could’ve easily offed himself as well.

We shall never know tbh.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

BexGu posted:

Ha ha watch Captain America be a Pedo. I bet Disney's glad he bailed out of the Marvel Universe.

I really hope it's actually Chris Evans, the failed weasely ginger who hosed up as a host and got booted after one season of top gear

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Roundup Ready posted:

I really hope it's actually Chris Evans, the failed weasely ginger who hosed up as a host and got booted after one season of top gear

Someone in this thread already confirmed it was the British Chris Evans, not Captain America.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

LabyaMynora posted:

Someone in this thread already confirmed it was the British Chris Evans, not Captain America.

Good. gently caress that guy

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Burt Sexual posted:

Of,course, but he’s a cop accused of murdering 4 people so I have doubts :shrug:

Obviously we have no idea since the cameras stopped working, ep could’ve easily offed himself as well.

We shall never know tbh.

Yes. The cameras "stopped working".

Epstein was def "alone" and it is obvious he "killed himself".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It doesn't matter even if Epstein killed himself. Either way his death was planned. Maybe he broke his own neck, maybe someone else did, it doesn't change the substance of the story.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

It doesn't matter even if Epstein killed himself. Either way his death was planned. Maybe he broke his own neck, maybe someone else did, it doesn't change the substance of the story.

It couldn’t draw more actors into the screenplay?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

It couldn’t draw more actors into the screenplay?
:confused:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Someone paid the hit likely as is he offed himself. Rudy has a signed check lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think it'll ever be possible to know the truth. It'll just be another death in police custody that will never be answered for due to a corrupt investigation.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think it'll ever be possible to know the truth. It'll just be another death in police custody that will never be answered for due to a corrupt investigation.

But say, if a whistleblower comes forward, truth will come out right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

But say, if a whistleblower comes forward, truth will come out right?
Yeah, maybe. It's a definite possibility, I genuinely just hadn't considered it because when was the last time anything a whistleblower did mattered? It's a very fair point though.

e: Another reason I didn't consider it is that I've generally compared this to similar deaths in custody, but this is a much more high-profile case.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
People like Epstein don’t commit suicide. He intended to spread his genome globally through mass exportation of his own jizz. He believes himself to be an evolved, nearly spiritual figure in the billionaire pedofile community. His ego was out of wack in a nearly unprecedented way. There is simply no way he’d go out like a shlub dangling from a bedsheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My totally unfounded theory is they had murdercop beat the poo poo out of Epstein, then moved Epstein to solitary and said "You can either kill yourself, or we'll put you back in general population and have you beaten to death."