Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Yeah, I think I could only fight 1 and it's gonna take a little while to pin him down for the colossal noogie it's about to get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What if ewoks and java are the same species? Both are small, speak incomprehensible language and have impressive and almost inborn aptitude with technology, and for all we know javas are hairy AF under those cloaks.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Robokomodo posted:

Personally think I could take on at least 10 Ewoks in a fight. They’re like 3’ right?

Yeah but the two tree trunks that swing down and hit you simultaneously in the rear end and dick are at least 15' each

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

wait, the rear end and the dick? what kinda trees are these?

e: nevermind, I just understood that you meant that the trees are gonna sandwhich your parts. Haha, reading comprehension much?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the kind your rear end and dick really hate

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

I imagined a large boomerang that hits you in the butt and then flies back to get your front, it's absurd, but that's where my mind went

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
could work, what with the cgi nowadays

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Michael Bay presents Exploding Dick Boomerang Trees, coming to a theater near you

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Colonel Cancer posted:

What if ewoks and java are the same species? Both are small, speak incomprehensible language and have impressive and almost inborn aptitude with technology, and for all we know javas are hairy AF under those cloaks.

Ewoks don't have glowing eyes, you fake rear end nerd. You absolute fool.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Plus, you can't juice an Ewok, that'd be gross as hell, whereas Jawa juice is good poo poo :guinness:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Ewoks don't have glowing eyes, you fake rear end nerd. You absolute fool.

He said java, not to be confused with Jawa. Trap sprung. Talk about owned. Look how owned you are. Everyone point and laugh!

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Staaaar cruiser.....star cruiser crash crash. Wwwweerrrr wwweeerrrrr crash.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
'Toronto, gosh!' is Ewok for 'feeble whitey' and refers to the pitiful stormtrooper

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I had no idea wtf Jawas looked like under their cloaks

apparently it's this

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
filthy creatures

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Tom Gorman posted:

apparently it's this

That's a swamp booger from Yoda's planet.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

snergle posted:

what race were the ewoks a caricature of?

They we're obviously the Vietcong, it's a very political movie for it's time

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Roundup Ready posted:

They we're obviously the Vietcong, it's a very political movie for it's time

I always thought the scene where Imperial Jane Fonda took photos with the ewoks was an odd departure

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Day 1
Brief squad on objectives to complete Operation Black Fur. Two weeks patrolling the western edge of the perimeter taking out entrenched enemy positions and locating stolen armor units that have been used to harass neighboring villages. Orders are to engage the enemy on sight and gather intel when possible. Dropping into the canopy, a silence. Some bird chatter but not much else. We keep our heads down and gear up as the ship lifts off. Formation down the trail is PFC Qetup, PV2 Tupio up front scouting, then me, SPCs Smitp and Zane on the heavy blasters behind me, and in the rear my man Sandy is overseeing 5 new fresh meat recruits. I hope they make it.

A little bit down the trail some of our wounded being tended to. "..ambushed last night..". Blasters. The fuckers had blasters. Some dead off the trail, about 25. The new men are suddenly paying attention. We move on and Qetup and Tupio are on high alert. We all are. Our current objective is Ypoon river by dusk. Tupio sees a mess of tracks leading towards the mountain. We abandon our current objective and follow, thinking we can meet the river at a point farther east.

Creeping up to a ridge our scouts give the signal to stop. We got a bead on the bastards. Qedup comes back to me. "Sir, 13 'woks, blasters and bows, maybe explosives. Call in the heat sir, they're eating another one of ours. Don't let the new guys see." I call Sandy up and use coms to call in Precision Radial Orbital Laser Atomizing Napalm on their position.

A brown beam instantly appears in a column between the sky and the ground in front of us. A second later the temperature of the air rises to a scorching heat and a weak cry of "Mana-tutu" is heard briefly. The beam ceases and sick black smoke pours down the ridge smelling of burnt fur and flesh. Burning wood and vegetation. The dirt is on fire in front 100 yards up the ridge. A 'wok comes stumbling out of the perimeter of the flames on our right side. He's burning alive. How did he survive? "gently caress, get him! Get him!" All of the new guys start firing exited to get one. They blast the poo poo out that fucker. I tell them to stop. It's over.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Tom Gorman posted:

apparently it's this

OO TI NI

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tom Gorman posted:

apparently it's this

Brb, loading up Jedi Academy so I can slice a bunch of Jawas on that Tatooine level.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

apparently it's this

Is this canon?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ewoks are sentient, right? So they can consent?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

bird with big dick posted:

Ewoks are sentient, right? So they can consent?

If an Ewok and a Wookiee mated could they make an infertile offspring, like a mule

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I just think the empire should have won and the imperial storm troopers should have made racist remarks about ewoks.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Hammerite posted:

If an Ewok and a Wookiee mated could they make an infertile offspring, like a mule

I believe it's called an Ewook if the dad is an Ewok, and a Wok if the mom is a Wookiee.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Ewoks are awesome. I like that they are cutesy teddy bears. In the context of the Star Wars movies I like that they are weird little tribal pygmies, (ignoring all the problematic aspects of having tiny midget forest dwelling humanoids that are technologically backward and talk in gibberish whilst catching outsiders and cooking them in a pot.) I like that they are from the era of practical effects, i.e. people in suits. If they were done today, CGI Ewoks would be awful. I also like the idea that an invading foreign force, no matter how more technologically advanced, cannot defeat locals who know the terrain, and are prepared to fight harder and with more heart than mercenaries/conscripts that just want to go home. The walker robot getting crushed by logs was cool, as was the other walker robot tripping on the logs.

Also, importantly, a wookie version of Caravan of Courage would have sucked arse.

I really liked Star Wars Battlefront 2, the old version, where if you played really well you got to play as a hero. I remember kicking some serious rear end and getting to play as Darth Vader on Endor, slaughtering rebels with him until he suddenly knelt down defeated, an ewok spear in the back of his head.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I think a macaulay culkin / ewok crossover version of home alone 5 where they just wailed on deadpool with homemade traps would be pretty good

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

ewok step mom, loving bratty son -- surprising creampie

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

milkingmycow posted:

Day 1
Brief squad on objectives to complete Operation Black Fur. Two weeks patrolling the western edge of the perimeter taking out entrenched enemy positions and locating stolen armor units that have been used to harass neighboring villages. Orders are to engage the enemy on sight and gather intel when possible. Dropping into the canopy, a silence. Some bird chatter but not much else. We keep our heads down and gear up as the ship lifts off. Formation down the trail is PFC Qetup, PV2 Tupio up front scouting, then me, SPCs Smitp and Zane on the heavy blasters behind me, and in the rear my man Sandy is overseeing 5 new fresh meat recruits. I hope they make it.

A little bit down the trail some of our wounded being tended to. "..ambushed last night..". Blasters. The fuckers had blasters. Some dead off the trail, about 25. The new men are suddenly paying attention. We move on and Qetup and Tupio are on high alert. We all are. Our current objective is Ypoon river by dusk. Tupio sees a mess of tracks leading towards the mountain. We abandon our current objective and follow, thinking we can meet the river at a point farther east.

Creeping up to a ridge our scouts give the signal to stop. We got a bead on the bastards. Qedup comes back to me. "Sir, 13 'woks, blasters and bows, maybe explosives. Call in the heat sir, they're eating another one of ours. Don't let the new guys see." I call Sandy up and use coms to call in Precision Radial Orbital Laser Atomizing Napalm on their position.

A brown beam instantly appears in a column between the sky and the ground in front of us. A second later the temperature of the air rises to a scorching heat and a weak cry of "Mana-tutu" is heard briefly. The beam ceases and sick black smoke pours down the ridge smelling of burnt fur and flesh. Burning wood and vegetation. The dirt is on fire in front 100 yards up the ridge. A 'wok comes stumbling out of the perimeter of the flames on our right side. He's burning alive. How did he survive? "gently caress, get him! Get him!" All of the new guys start firing exited to get one. They blast the poo poo out that fucker. I tell them to stop. It's over.

Hoo yea get some boys! smoke those whiskeys!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

curvy ewok porg earns treats from rebel pilot

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Ewoks were the first Jar Jar

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

The Dregs posted:

I have a friend who once told me that he really loves everything about the Transformers movies, except for the fact that they always kind of seemed that they were made for kids. It bothered him that a movie about toy cars that turn into robots seemed like it was made for kids.

I am drat sure he hates Ewoks for the same reason.

I got the distinct impression from Rogue One that it was a movie made for Star Wars fans whose tastes were starting to mature beyond Star Wars, but instead of expanding their palette they merely wanted their Star Wars to continue catering to their tastes.

In some ways I'd say The Godfather is the Star Wars for adults (on the family dynasty drama side of things) and I once joked they'd eventually make The Star Wars Godfather Trilogy, but thinking about it some more I can actually see that happening even if not literally. Hell, The Dark Knight was arguably already a step in that direction.

(Check out my Godfather thread, btw! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896228)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Are ewoks the thing in the suck my dick gif?

Thanks I'll hang up and listen

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
OP is not a good poster

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

vyst posted:

Are ewoks the thing in the suck my dick gif?

Thanks I'll hang up and listen

That's a Wookie

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alright here’s a meaty one.. Scotty vs Han Solo and Scotty in a fist fight, no phasers or lasers, just raw dawg boxing (no fuckin stupid spin kicks and poo poo). I say Han goes down in one punch. :colbert:

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Kashyyyk City Wok

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Alright here’s a meaty one.. Scotty vs Han Solo and Scotty in a fist fight, no phasers or lasers, just raw dawg boxing (no fuckin stupid spin kicks and poo poo). I say Han goes down in one punch. :colbert:

Wait a sec, how many Scottys are in this fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

What if I just don't give a flying gently caress about Ewoks? Is that acceptable OP?