Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Methanar posted:

Thai express is disgusting

Thai express is good.

Mall thai express is poison for your bowels

Edmonton isnt that bad, Jason Kenneys gonna make me unemployed though (govt) and then Ill probably have to move for school or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

who was the guy who tried to live in a hot air balloon/blimp hybrid about 20 years ago, but they kept crashing and he spent his family fortune trying to engineer new blimp houses

i say do that

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Away all Goats posted:

Should have got bourbon st grill

agreed

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Do it ironically posted:

Calgary has some absolutely insane commute times what are you on about

If you're coming in from Airdrie or Okotoks/High River, hell yeah but if you live out there then you know what you're in for. (I had a part time gig over the summer near CrossIron Mills, and it never stopped being amusing driving north the morning while the Airdrie crowd was stuck in traffic jams - and then the exact same situation when going home). Stoney's just as bad these days with everyone clogging it up to avoid Deerfoot, and I presume East-West traffic in the north is no picnic either.

Calgary doesn't have lovely commutes if you plan properly. Or don't live out in the sprawl; I've been in Kingsland for 6 years now and it's almost perfect. If I buy a place I'd never consider going for anything outside of this general area.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

now what

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

>Go east

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Nooner posted:

I went to Vancouver two weeks ago it was pretty cool I liked it and met a lot of cool people but cigarettes are like a million dollars a pack and also it was real rainy but that was fine

It's the rent and insurance that kills your wallet. The PST isn't the highest in the country and if you can get by without owning a car you might do OK. I was born and raised in the GVRD and the whole area is more crowded and expensive than ever. Even Squamish is becoming a commuter town for the city; I know this because I spent the last winter in Whistler as a Transit Operator and in small talk learned that it's becoming more and more common for downtown Vancouver workers to choose the long drive on the Sea-to-Sky every day. I couldn't believe it but...yeah, they're doing it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OP have you considered moving to a therapists office to get treatment for your depression? Im starting to get the feeling that deadmonton isnt the actual issue here

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
do those SAD lights work.

I miss the sun and don't want to go 6 months without full spectrum light again.

I guess I should like go take a vitamin d tablet too

Methanar fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 10, 2019

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Whhhhhhy

You only get one life

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Try taking stock of the fact that you're in a city, with all the options and amenities a city can offer. Yes Edmonton is...what it is, but I once had a job that required me to spend 9 months doing 10 day shifts in Brooks. And then a few weeks ago my new job required me to spend 3 days in Regina.

Yeah, that's your ticket - try spending time in a place that's worse.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Victoria

We can post. Together.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I love snow and it's honestly pretty amazing. Get some skis broski

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
All the famous close Edmonton ski hills like....jasper

I guess you could do the rabbit hill

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Its going to -20 tonight.

i guess I can try watching a movie tonight. what should I watch

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Who said anything about hills? Cross country it binch. Some of my best childhood memories involve going through the woods on skis (ok I had a pretty sad childhood but that's not the point!)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Watch Snowpiercer, it fits the mood

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Who said anything about hills? Cross country it binch. Some of my best childhood memories involve going through the woods on skis (ok I had a pretty sad childhood but that's not the point!)

I don't think going out into the woods in the middle of winter will go over well for me.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Handen posted:

Do they still have the walnut crunch?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
idk maybe I'll go build a snow fort tomorrow. but over in the school yard so its not weird

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Somewhere in bc even if it's just as cold. Just get the gently caress out (lived 21years in deadmonton and have lived in lower mainland. Now in the north and still 100x better

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Also i hear Halifax is p cool

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVHw131yfC4

actually I'm just going to watch these for a while. I made some vanilla tea. I've drank this same tea every day for like 2 years. I don't even like it anymore

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006
Come to Ontario. Stop short of Toronto. Lots of places here, Waterloo, Kitchener, Woodstock, Lambdon shores. Cheap houses, lots of jobs.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zealander posted:

Come to Ontario. Stop short of Toronto. Lots of places here, Waterloo, Kitchener, Woodstock, Lambdon shores. Cheap houses, lots of jobs.

This guy was a little soft with it: Under no circumstances come to Toronto.

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

This guy was a little soft with it: Under no circumstances come to Toronto.

No kidding, stay away from Toronto. Escaped it myself, never looked back.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhkE3e7lT_g

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMRiUPzp0RY

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah you gotta get out man

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

GBS believes in you, meth

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4hvneKcPZI

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

how many years have you worked at the Gulag?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

numberoneposter posted:

Victoria

We can post. Together.

I swear Victoria has more Edmonton transplants than native Victorians these days.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I moved from Canada to Melbourne and don't regret it despite it being on fire all the time (Vancouver was on fire all the time too though to be fair).

Good luck staying here permanently unless you can trick an Aussie into marrying you though.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvI7xFkCHDc

this one is really good

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Chinatown posted:

how many years have you worked at the Gulag?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I want to move to Halifax. Want to move with me OP?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Saalkin posted:

I want to move to Halifax. Want to move with me OP?

thats dangerously close to quebec for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
well I've watched relaxing youtube for a while.

now what. I have water in the microwave right now for more tea.