Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Amnistar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so whats up?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I bought a white elephant gift for a party today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

what

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote Mr. Humalong

Every elf knows what a white elephant exchange is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Its a yankee swap for some folk I guess

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

PMush Perfect posted:

I bought a white elephant gift for a party today.

I picked mine up yesterday!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

oh i was just posting i know what a gift exchange is

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I bet you "know" who scum are, too

##vote hummydong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

one of the 3 people voting me is scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

one of the 3 people voting me is scum

probably ##vote amnistar

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

probably ##vote amnistar

Why me over any of the other 3?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Why me over any of the other 3?

you're scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd vote ep+ for the scum 3rd vote except im already voting him

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It's a me, Santa Claus

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

i'd vote ep+ for the scum 3rd vote except im already voting him

you can unvote and revote me for emphasis

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Epsilon Plus posted:

I bet you "know" who scum are, too

##vote hummydong

lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd like to use this space to complain about how the terms mylo and lylo are formed from contradictory abbreviations, that almost mean the opposite of each other.

lunch OR lose
mislunch AND lose

they're catchy terms but this has always bugged me!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

i'd like to use this space to complain about how the terms mylo and lylo are formed from contradictory abbreviations, that almost mean the opposite of each other.

lunch OR lose
mislunch AND lose

they're catchy terms but this has always bugged me!

Same lol

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote AA

If that's all you're gonna post to participate with.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

##vote AA

we're still 60 hours from deadline, Please Relax

... it would be real nice if we got someone lunched before then tho tbh, the last few games I've been in have been close to the deadline every day

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Amnistar (2): Sandwolf, Mr. Humalong
Mr. Humalong (2): Amnistar, PMush Perfect, Epsilon Plus, Amnistar
Epsilon Plus (1): Mr. Steak
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Amnistar
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, Quidthulhu, The Ninth Layer

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 15th, 2019 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

we're still 60 hours from deadline, Please Relax

... it would be real nice if we got someone lunched before then tho tbh, the last few games I've been in have been close to the deadline every day

Naw, I'm happy with my vote where it is.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

##vote AA

How should I engage? I'll await your instructions with bated breaths.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm town vanilla. I received no PM and joke phase is garbage. Also I'm an idiot and once again in like 3 games and I've got a toxx on a weekly story and a toxx on a brawl coming up. I'm trying to lose this lovely avatar and I've got bronchitis and my kids have the flu, and work is crazy so. Come at me, come at me, come at me, infinitely, come at me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

If you're not going to be able to play actively because of the large number of real life issues that's understandable, and real life is always more important than mafia. That said, if what you say is true then eliminating you early is better than later.

That, of course, assumes you are indeed vanilla town and not simply lashing out as a way to excuse current and future inactivity.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

If you're not going to be able to play actively because of the large number of real life issues that's understandable, and real life is always more important than mafia. That said, if what you say is true then eliminating you early is better than later.

That, of course, assumes you are indeed vanilla town and not simply lashing out as a way to excuse current and future inactivity.

Oh I'll be active, I just think you're taking way too serious an approach to this... almost like a grinch or krampus would... two days from deadline. Not that we need to adhere to normal deadline culture and wait until the last moment, it's just your robotic xmas efficiency is strange.

hmmmm.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Saving Christmas is serious business my friend. After all, if we lose and scum win, cindy lu will cry.

Treating this lightly is the same as saying you want Cindy to cry.

Wht dont you like Cindy?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

Saving Christmas is serious business my friend. After all, if we lose and scum win, cindy lu will cry.

Wht dont you like Cindy?

This is true... you've given me much to think about.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wow, I really hate this "immediately be super serious" gimmick, and I am all over voting it

Once EP dies for having a better avatar than me!

##vote Epsilon Plus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMush Perfect posted:

Wow, I really hate this "immediately be super serious" gimmick, and I am all over voting it

Once EP dies for having a better avatar than me!

##vote Epsilon Plus

Meh, forcefully tryna drag us back into jokevots

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think it's kinda crazy AA is getting chewed out for being inactive before the game's started while I've made two nothing posts and apparently no one cares.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I hate playing in multiple games at once. One of these years I'm going to play this game...(this is not a sign up)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

##vote AA

theres a real change in tone here that feels unnatural

then all his following posts double down

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Amnistar posted:

This post is really laying it on thick. I think it's good to encourage people into activity, by voting them if necessary, but Amnistar here frames this post as if AA is already a major lurking liability we are better off without when the game has barely even started.
##vote Amnistar

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Ninth Layer posted:

This post is really laying it on thick. I think it's good to encourage people into activity, by voting them if necessary, but Amnistar here frames this post as if AA is already a major lurking liability we are better off without when the game has barely even started.
##vote Amnistar

The part at the end where he says “eliminating you early is better than latter.” As if it’s a foregone conclusion?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Wht dont you like Cindy?
Speaking of unnatural changes in tone, this post also gives me bad vibes and reads like Amni doing image control in response to being called too serious.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

The response to my callout was a series of excuses for low posting now and into the future.

I'm happy with my vote where it is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

I'm happy with my vote where it is.

because of the excuses for low posting now (jokevote) and in the future (hypothetical)?

wouldn’t it be more prudent to, y’know, actually give him a chance to lurk before voting him for lurking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

The initial vote was in response to being the lowest vote count to apply pressure for that.

His response is the reason I am happy with my vote where it is, namely that he provided excuses for low posting now and into the future.

If your reaponse for being called out for lurking is that you dont like the joke phase, and you're bust, them post about how I'm being too serious....