Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Torquemada posted:

I’d just like to show my appreciation for you knowing the difference between ‘nauseous’ and ‘nauseated’.

Finally someone notices ☺️ getting yelled at by my mother has finally paid off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I liked the Dutchie when I was growing up in Canada. I saw that they had discontinued it, briefly brought it back, then ended it for good :smith:

robin's donuts still has them

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

neongrey posted:

robin's donuts still has them

Good to know next time I visit my home and native land

TheWZAd
May 23, 2012
The farmers wrap with bacon is actually good

Coffee awful

Timbits... are fine as far as donut holes go

They had this waffle breakfast sandwhich for a little bit that came and went, maybe you already brought it up, but I loved that. 19 grams of sugar right in the loving morning, POW.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I do miss treating myself to a Beyond sausage biscuit and maybe a French vanilla on truly lovely mornings

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
It's been years, but I still think fondly of the chocolate danish. It was a really good and a balanced sweet unlike most of their other donuts or muffins, which hurt my goddamn teeth with their sweetness.

If an American tastes something and is like, "holy poo poo, ow" then maybe you should dial it back on the sugar. Like, a lot.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I hate Tim Horton's now, why the gently caress am I gonna buy chicken strips and wedges at a coffee chain? The coffee is awful, the sandwich bread is way shittier than it used to be, there are way more gross gimmicky ultra-sugared donuts than there used to be and half the time there aren't any old fashioned plain or old fashioned sugar. :(

Coffee/tea/hot chocolate, donuts, muffins, Timbits, and sandwiches/chili for lunch is what Tim Horton's should have stuck with. :argh:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I don't remember ever seeing a single Tim Horton's ad growing up, but apparently coming up with lots of unwanted poo poo to fill their shelves is deep in their DNA. Who misses TimTarts? Not me. Not anyone I've ever heard from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZiT-1FX9E

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
When they got rid of the walnut crunch they hosed up bad.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
I moved to the states about seven years ago and I've had Timmies maybe twice since then. Hell, I live in Michigan now and the only time I step foot in one is when I drive to visit my sister and stop at the Tilbury ONRoute to use the bathroom.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I like Tim Horton's coffee when I'm in the mood and Timbits are legit great by donut hole standards but their regular donuts, sandwiches, and everything else that isn't Timbits suck major rear end and I feel everything there is too expensive for what you get.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

Its like eating a parrafin wax butthole.

Not just a bad aftertaste, a bad after-texture too.

Lmao

nut
Jul 30, 2019

tims coffee has always sucked mega d but i'll do dark roast two milk if i gotta also lol at tim for only putting sauce in the farmers wrap, but on the other hand if u ain't getting the farmers wrap ur missing out on a bonus hashbrown so i dunno what to tell you

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

ok but Tim's hash browns taste like if a McDonald's hash brown had depression

nut
Jul 30, 2019

uve already come to tims ur just trying to get out with the most hashbrown u can

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I live right by the original Tim Hortons location ama

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

nut posted:

uve already come to tims ur just trying to get out with the most hashbrown u can

Not if the hashbrown's suck

Edit: /\ Does Tim Horton haunt that location or the are around it?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There is a bronze statue of him out front but if he's haunting anybody it's the Joyce family, who killed him

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I used to like to get the maple cruller whenever I was in Detroit but they got rid of it, probably because maple flavoring was too expensive.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
If Dunkin Donuts opened 10 shops in Canada they'd run the country in 10 years.

Flocons de Jambon fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 31, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Flocons de Jambon posted:

If Dunkin Donuts opened 10 shops in Canada they'd run the country in 10 years.

Dunkin was already in Canada, and failed miserably.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Well what the gently caress do I know then

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The coffee's fine, not great but I realized if you drink enough actually terrible diner coffee you get immune to whining about Tim's.

McDonalds is way better though, it's not close.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

SilvergunSuperman posted:

McDonalds is way better though, it's not close.

yeah mccafe's pretty good and wildly cheap

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
Currently posting from the toilet. Got food poisoning (this is way too severe to just be indigestion) from a Tim’s turkey club sandwich (the only thing I’ve eaten today and immediately got ill after eating it). Been on the toilet maybe 2 out of the last three hours. My stomach feels like it’s been folded in half, and then folded over again.
Just when I think my body could not possibly produce anything else to explode out of me, I get another round. Holy hell.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'll never forgive them for getting rid of the blueberry timbits

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Spagghentleman posted:

Currently posting from the toilet. Got food poisoning (this is way too severe to just be indigestion) from a Tim’s turkey club sandwich (the only thing I’ve eaten today and immediately got ill after eating it). Been on the toilet maybe 2 out of the last three hours. My stomach feels like it’s been folded in half, and then folded over again.
Just when I think my body could not possibly produce anything else to explode out of me, I get another round. Holy hell.

I think food poisoning takes like 6h minimum to set in, so something about your story isn't adding up, CHUMMER.

----------------

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
2 to 6 hours. My squirts are not fake news.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Insane that the multinational that owns Tim Hortons and Burger King also owns Popeye's

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
tim hortons hash browns are fuckin awful

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

heehee posted:

tim hortons hash browns are fuckin awful

:hai:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Here to affirm that indeed, Tim Hortons is garbo. My paternal family is still way into the breakfast sandwiches for some reason. Bleh.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Spagghentleman posted:

When I was in NF about 10 years ago the turkey club sub, chili and the chocolate danish were the the only things worth eating. There were probably only 3 or 4 Tim's in St. John's but the quality varied hilariously.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its the worst

the only thing i like was one time it was like a million degrees and i was on a bike ride and i knew they had a iced blended lemonade and actually it was perfect

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Remember the ice blended green tea they had for a second? Exactly as sweet as the lemonade, something green tea should never be. Vile

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

its the worst

the only thing i like was one time it was like a million degrees and i was on a bike ride and i knew they had a iced blended lemonade and actually it was perfect

Oh yeah for a year or two their iced lemonade was great. Now it's overly sugared garbage.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

and yet it's still one of the best things on their menu

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Firehouse Subs about to get hella worse:

quote:

Tim Hortons parent Restaurant Brands buying Florida-based Firehouse Subs for US$1-billion

Tim Hortons parent company Restaurant Brands International Inc.
is adding another fast-food brand to its roster, with a US$1-billion all-cash deal to buy Florida-based sandwich chain Firehouse Subs.

Toronto-based RBI, which also owns Burger King and Popeyes, announced the deal on Monday. The company plans to fund the acquisition with a combination of debt and cash on hand.

Firehouse Restaurant Group Inc. will be the smallest brand in RBI’s portfolio, with about 1,200 locations in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico – compared with Burger King’s global total of 18,900, Tim Hortons with 5,100 restaurants and Popeyes with 3,600. Firehouse has tripled its number of locations since 2010, and part of RBI’s plans will be to grow that number, especially in North America, RBI chief executive officer Jose Cil said in an interview.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's not really possible for firehouse to get worse so I'm not too concerned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

EightFlyingCars posted:

a black coffee served with double cream and double sugar

----------------