Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

I tried to try the Wendy's breakfast today and they wouldn't serve it to me at 10:33 AM.

I will be writing to my congresswoman about this outrage.

did you get chili for breakfast instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

did you get chili for breakfast instead?

I went across the street to McDonald's and had a Chicken McGriddle because hell yes there's a Chicken McGriddle now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Had the Breakfast Baconator this morning. It was fine. It's a somewhat messy sandwich so it's hard to eat while driving. I'll try some of the other offerings.

The seasoned potatoes were ok. Mine were a little overcooked.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Had Wendy's for the first time in maybe just 6 months. It was good. I wanted a small meal but it kept adding up. Jr cheeseburger deluxe, 6 piece spicy nuggets, ooo and a chili, it's 25F out, and might as well get a frosty.

With the honey mustard and sweet and sour sauce it added up to 1,240 calories. So I have about 400 for the rest of the day. Ah well, worth it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Torquemada posted:

The Spanish have a thing called pimentos padron, which is basically peppers some of which are randomly hot.

Doritos did this it was called Roulette and I wish they still had it or better yet would just sell the hot ones as a flavor.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I went across the street to McDonald's and had a Chicken McGriddle because hell yes there's a Chicken McGriddle now.

fuuuuuuuuuck. is it the good chicken or the lovely chicken?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a mcgriddle once and I didn't like it. I'm not a fan of the sweet bun thing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Resting Lich Face posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck. is it the good chicken or the lovely chicken?

It's the mcchicken sandwich chicken patty. So I assume you mean the lovely chicken by that. But for it's purpose it's perfect tbqh.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I had a mcgriddle once and I didn't like it. I'm not a fan of the sweet bun thing.

I'm meh on it as a breakfast sandwich in general, but it is absolutely perfect for chicken, in the same way that chicken and waffles is perfect.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's the mcchicken sandwich chicken patty. So I assume you mean the lovely chicken by that. But for it's purpose it's perfect tbqh.

It's the hot and spicy McChicken at mine, which is still a patty, better than the non spicy though.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Oh. If it was the good chicken that'd be baller. As is I'll give it a pass. I have pretty high standards for fast food chicken (McNuggets being the exception I don't know why but they gooooood).

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The Maple Bacon Chicken Croissant is delicious.

I'm thinking of swapping the maple butter out for the swiss cheese sauce for a chicken-bacon-swiss :yum:

definitely some growing pains at my Wendy's. I ordered 2 of the croissants and an iced coffee, got rung up 2 bacon egg and cheeses and a hot coffee extra cream (???) but she got it fixed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I tried the breakfast on Sunday morning and despite being not busy at all I had to wait quite a while in the drive thru for my food. I liked the potatoes but the bacon was subpar on the Breakfast Baconator

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Not bad.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

All this talk of chicken sandwiches and bacon breakfasts. I'm only familiar with Wendy's ice creams and hot dogs.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Tried the new breakfast menu today. The breakfast baconator wasn't bad, but buns suck for breakfast. It's mostly just a loaded crossandwich from BK with inferior bread, and the bacon was rubbery. It would be better on a croissant, english muffin or biscuit. But let's talk about biscuits for a minute- the new honey butter biscuits suck. The chicken biscuit was kind of a ripoff for a tiny chicken patty and all the weird, sweet biscuit brought to the table was a sad recollection of a mcgriddle. The seasoned potatoes were fresh and crisp, at least, but also all stuck together. And this was ten bucks with a cup of water. Still the worst breakfast in fast food.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 3, 2020

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have learned that a jr bacon cheeseburger or jr cheese deluxe is better if the cheese hasn’t melted

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I have learned that a jr bacon cheeseburger or jr cheese deluxe is better if the cheese hasn’t melted

Entirely true. That way the veggies stay crisp and chill

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seems like Wendy's breakfast is pretty meh. But I'll probably try it on Friday morning while I wait for my car oil to be changed.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
crossposting from another thread, my review of my wendys breakfast. tl;dr: would eat again, but would not pay full price.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I was pleasantly surprised!

The chicken biscuit was extremely good for the price i paid for it (free with my purchase, thanks to in app coupon). And at one or even two dollars, I'd go back for it in a heartbeat. At 3.49 though, that is one hundred percent a miss that I will not be going back for until they send me another deal like the one I got.

Also tried a breakfast baconator, sans cheese (because I'm a weirdo who doesn't go for cheese on my breakfast sandwiches usually). The bacon was, well, there was lots of it, the sausage was above average, and it was probably the best egg I've had in a fast food breakfast sandwich. The bun was poo poo, and at 75 cents more than I pay for my bacon and egg sandwich at my local deli, I'll stick with that as my go to, but would happily do a breakfast baconator again on a road trip, or if a good deal or coupon were presented to me. Might take advantage of the option to ask for them to put it on a biscuit or croissant instead.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

thread tag should be chicken time because wendys chicken is boss while the burgers are decidedly mediocre.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

thread tag should be chicken time because wendys chicken is boss while the burgers are decidedly mediocre.

Trying to find the lie here and failing.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

i tried to change it but theres no chicken time tag this is an outrage

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

while the burgers are decidedly mediocre.

It always tastes like they forgot to season it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I think the last wendy burg I had was the baconator just to try it, it's pretty much all spicy chicken sandwich otherwise. They're just so drat good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have an unopenable, undismissable notification from the Wendy's app. It's totally blank, and just has the title"Wendy's"

I've had it for 2 days. Thanks Wendy's

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

TheAardvark posted:

I have an unopenable, undismissable notification from the Wendy's app. It's totally blank, and just has the title"Wendy's"

I've had it for 2 days. Thanks Wendy's

uh oh thats bad shes coming for you

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked the breakfast. I especially liked the potato wedges which is something because I think Wendy’s regular fries are pretty bad.

The fact it is a 9 dollar combo though when I walk out it McDonalds sometimes under three bucks is a probably going to make me not go to the Wendy’s in the morning a ton.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Wendy's regular burgs are fine. not great, but fine. their chicken stuff is indeed top notch.

i tried the Baconator and it tasted really weird. dunno if its the sauce they use or what, but it had this weird chemical flavor, if that makes sense

i may have posted this exact comment here or elsewhere but i dont care

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had the Baconator once when it came out and had no desire to get it again. I don't remember much of it but just thinking, "Oh, it's a burger with a bunch of bacon. Exciting."

That's my story.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

I had the Baconator once when it came out and had no desire to get it again. I don't remember much of it but just thinking, "Oh, it's a burger with a bunch of bacon. Exciting."

That's my story.

I mean, "a burger with a bunch of bacon" is basically my ideal burger.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
About five or six years ago, Wendy's had a limited edition ciabatta burger that was outstanding. It had chopped tomatoes and a rosemary-garlic aoli, and bacon.

I used to go in for breakfast once in a while too because I liked the biscuits and gravy. Not sure if they will sell it

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

That's my story.

Yeah I've never been all that enamored with it either. I like bacon on burgers of course but eh it ain't a big deal imo.

Besides the spicy chicken is where it's at with Wendys

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Honky Dong Country posted:

Besides the spicy chicken is where it's at with Wendys

:hmmyes:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.