Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have (exactly) one. Its a burnt mads mikkelsen hannibal lecter

Yeah I meant burn it like destroy it. Be a better person. You don't need that Funko Pieceofshit in your life. Join us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Fucko Pip

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

fool of a took

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

funko is a fun word to say

i dont own any funkos

ok bye

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
funkoff!!!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

how is a man to live on 30 dollars a week worth of pops(tm)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

less talkin more poppin

Ah yes I remember the episode where Walt made a meth-clone of himself

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I don't currently own any Funko Ppops and I am in bliss

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ELI PORTER posted:

funko pop! is a thing for white men who look like this:

all of your best comic book movies, video games, star wars, etc can be consumed and placed directly on your shelf so that your nephews can look at them

As a white man who looks like this, I both agree and take offense.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TheAardvark posted:

Someone buy me this

I will but you have to buy me every other FUCKOHMMMBOP

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
They're fine as kids toys I guess but they're just so terrifyingly ugly that I've never been able to glance at one without feeling repulsed.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Fucko pops always remind of this scene in jaws

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dont Touch ME posted:

Imagine having your identity being based around Funk Pop!s so that when you see a thread on your paid forum that makes fun of your favorite collectable toy, you lash out blindly at other vaguely dorky poo poo.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The planogram for the Funko Pop section at my store is an absolute nightmare, and they also send us 2 or 3 times more than we actually sell, loving up my stockroom. I will celebrate the day the fad ends and the company goes under.

ELI PORTER posted:

funko pop! is a thing for white men who look like this:

all of your best comic book movies, video games, star wars, etc can be consumed and placed directly on your shelf so that your nephews can look at them

To drat myself by giving the faintest praise, black nerds buy them too.

Twitch fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 4, 2020

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Twitch posted:

The planogram for the Funko Pop section at my store is an absolute nightmare, and they also send us 2 or 3 times more than we actually sell, loving up my stockroom. I will celebrate the day the fad ends and the company goes under.

To drat myself by giving the faintest praise, black nerds buy them too.

Don't hold your breath, there's a movie to come yet!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Beartaco posted:

how is a man to live on 30 dollars a week worth of pops(tm)

...very carefully

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Wonder how many times he shouted at his wife "These are not toys! They're an investment!"

This will be the new generation of Benie Baby people who 25 years later can't believe that ultra rare beanbag duck they bought for 500$ in 1998 is worth jack poo poo today.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
What do Funko pops actually do???

I don't get it. Do they play music? Talk? Plug into your videogame like those Amiibo things (they are different things, right)? Roll forward if you pull them back? Have Kung Fu grip and spring-loaded blasters? Hula dance or head-bob if you shake them???

Do they even count as toys that some adults collect but kids can play with, or do you just collect them and... that's it?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
they are so loving ugly

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't get it. Do they play music? Talk? Plug into your videogame like those Amiibo things (they are different things, right)? Roll forward if you pull them back? Have Kung Fu grip and spring-loaded blasters? Hula dance or head-bob if you shake them???

Do they even count as toys that some adults collect but kids can play with, or do you just collect them and... that's it?

they keep the economic wheels of america turning, what are you, some kind of communist?

tell me son, why do you hate freedom?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

No one knows. Nobody has ever seen one out of the package.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

The Dregs posted:

No one knows. Nobody has ever seen one out of the package.

The heads rotate. No other part moves

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Speleothing posted:

The heads rotate. No other part moves

As a rotund, desk-bound man-about-the-net, this body type speaks to me. Heavily.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Twitch posted:

Yeah they're taking away valuable shelf space from all that physical media people are constantly buying.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

You know how sometimes you walk into someone's house and you see a whole bookshelf of plush toys or crystals? It lets you know that they are mentally ill and not good with money, it's a very effective flag for the world to see just like ownership of multitude of cats

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
This is a pic of the one I had. Look at this cheap, stupid piece of poo poo.

The only cool part was the leg that broke off was the side with the cane.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Is that a rare uncircumcised MPB in mint condition? I'm doing a face like Herman Munster right now as I attempt to sneak into my wife's home office to find her credit card.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Whenever I see specifically manufactured objects I realize that they came from an entire factory in China that is specifically for that one function and that the world is so much bigger than I will ever understand and that none of it concerns me and that I should have never been born.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Colonel Cancer posted:

You know how sometimes you walk into someone's house and you see a whole bookshelf of plush toys or crystals? It lets you know that they are mentally ill and not good with money, it's a very effective flag for the world to see just like ownership of multitude of cats

At least with a plush toy you can hug it or whatever. These things are supposed to only be looked at, but they are no good for that purpose because they are ugly as hell.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Nice dildo Mr Vader

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sleeveless posted:

Yeah they're taking away valuable shelf space from all that physical media people are constantly buying.

At least those 12 copies of "Silver Linings Playbook" have a neat and orderly spot on the shelf, is all I'm saying.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Who could forget the Princess Diana Funko Pop with the unfortunately named “Chase” limited edition.

Edit: forgot to tell this story. I know a guy who got fired from the video game store when this came in because he took a photo of it getting run over by a James Bond car and posted it on their social media. He is a dipshit

Chrs fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 4, 2020

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Wonder how many times he shouted at his wife "These are not toys! They're an investment!"

This will be the new generation of Benie Baby people who 25 years later can't believe that ultra rare beanbag duck they bought for 500$ in 1998 is worth jack poo poo today.

Bernie Baby

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Okay, now this is epic

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

As a white man who looks like this, I both agree and take offense.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

do the heads come off particularly easy or are they prone to breaking into sharp shards of plastic under pressure if squeezed hard?
Not REAL hard just imagine the pressure of, say, an overly-comfortable...hand shake, let's call it, about. Around there. Give or take, my friend says. But about that. Would that cause the head to deform or become damaged in anyway that would become damaging to human tissue or anything or if, like, lol, tugged on just "come off" wherever it was?
I mean just how well are these made I guess just in general I mean?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

When I googled this I was almost certain that it was going to turn out to be a bad-taste photoshop. Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatechesspieces
Jan 2, 2013

I've never understood the appeal. They are the ugliest figurines ever. I feel like the people that buy these are the same people that call their dogs "furbabies" and build their entire identity around Star Wars and/or Marvel movies.