Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I feel like this should be a part of a motivational poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

That tank sounds downright luxurious compared to some real tanks. Room for two children? Optics, sights and communications? More than one gun? What sort of opulent nation fielded this thing?

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

ELI PORTER fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 17, 2020

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Can't read poo poo on this.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

screamin and creamin posted:

I was able to just barely make it out. Do yourself a favor, don't.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Betty Boop has got to be the ugliest woman ever drawn. Head like a loaf of bread with features glued on.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

screamin and creamin posted:

i apologies

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Plorp.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Is it only limbs that detach

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Big Beef City posted:

I think you know the answer to this.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I just like that the people around the table, presumably all of whom have their own terrifying super-powers, have expressions of "Oh poo poo! wow! He's KILLING that coffee table!" and not confused "...no? What? Why?" expressions.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

That tank sounds downright luxurious compared to some real tanks. Room for two children? Optics, sights and communications? More than one gun? What sort of opulent nation fielded this thing?

They were poo poo, I've seen pictures of one. Basically just a cardboard box that would quickly break. About every one of these old school ads in comics was a scam of some sort.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Big Beef City posted:

His name is Arm-Fall-Off Boy, so... yes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

BigBadSteve posted:

They were poo poo, I've seen pictures of one. Basically just a cardboard box that would quickly break. About every one of these old school ads in comics was a scam of some sort.

I got some army battle play set back in the early 80s from an ad in a comic like that. It said it had like 500 pieces and a huge battlefield to play on.

The pieces ended up being tiny, just the worst little plastic bits of nothing, and the battlefield was printed on an incredibly thin plastic sheet, like a bib at a seafood restaurant. It was almost impossible to lay lithe whole thing out and not have the pieces fall over.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

I hear if you bring Rollins one of these, he'll laugh like hell and autograph it.

I also hear if you bring Danzig one of these, he'll frown real hard and kick you out of the signing.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Obsidianheart posted:

I hear if you bring Rollins one of these, he'll laugh like hell and autograph it.

I also hear if you bring Danzig one of these, he'll frown real hard and kick you out of the signing.

Fixed it for you.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How many hidden anuses does this guy have

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

henry rollins sucks rear end no offense

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Wow, huge Legion collection here and never saw that one.

Parahexavoctal posted:

His name is Arm-Fall-Off Boy, so... yes.

Had to Google that. First appearance in 1989? That doesn't seem right. Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, and Cosmic Boy all have their older "Golden Age" uniforms on. I would have guessed the panel was from Adventure Comics in the 60s or similar.

E: maybe not "perfect" but made me laugh:

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 18, 2020

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Internetjack posted:

Wow, huge Legion collection here and never saw that one.

Had to Google that. First appearance in 1989? That doesn't seem right. Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, and Cosmic Boy all have their older "Golden Age" uniforms on. I would have guessed the panel was from Adventure Comics in the 60s or similar.

It's from Secret Origins: the secret origin of the Legion Clubhouse

Fortress Lad (one of the Fortress People from the planet Fwang) sacrificed himself to protect the Legion founders from Mnemonic Kid. She mindwiped them as revenge for rejecting her, and was going to shoot them, but Fortress Lad turned himself into a fortress to protect them. She mindwiped him, too, so much that it never wore off and he never turned back into a person, even after she was killed by her own death ray ricocheting off his polished hull.

The only thing the Legion founders remembered about the spaceship-like fortress was that they liked it and it had protected them.

Curt Swan came out of retirement so that it'd feel 'old-school'.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Parahexavoctal posted:

It's from Secret Origins: the secret origin of the Legion Clubhouse

Fortress Lad

Curt Swan came out of retirement so that it'd feel 'old-school'.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! The best thing about the LSH was all the goofy super powers and aliens. Need a weird super power? Just make up a whole planet full of people with it!

Pretty sure I have an issue that has the floor plan for the old "Upside down Rocket Ship Clubhouse" but I never knew it was Fortress Lad from Fwang!

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Internetjack posted:

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! The best thing about the LSH was all the goofy super powers and aliens. Need a weird super power? Just make up a whole planet full of people with it!

Fwang is subject to constant meteoric bombardment, which is why the young males gain the power, at puberty, to temporarily transform into large metallic fortresses in which the others can take shelter.

"Fwang" is the sound of a meteorite hitting a large metallic fortress.

FWANNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

quote:

Pretty sure I have an issue that has the floor plan for the old "Upside down Rocket Ship Clubhouse" but I never knew it was Fortress Lad from Fwang!

It wasn't, until 1989.

The original origin was going to be that it was the spaceship in which baby Kal-El came to Earth, but at that time, DC editorial was not enthused with the notion of connections between freshly-post-Crisis Superman and the LSH, so the writers came up with something much, much wackier.

All these years, the LSH were holding meetings inside a corpse.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Oh, more goony panels:

And the joke:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

This one's not fair, as most panels of Hellboy are perfect.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This seems like a sound escape plan.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

muscles like this! posted:

It's not actually a robot but Superman in a robot costume. He is still trying to destroy Jimmy's camera though.

Well, and just when I thought that panel couldn't get any better.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/lSpXXNP.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

loving lol