Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I saw... the highwaymen yesterday...I learned a lot about texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

worth watching?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

worth watching?

I enjoyed it! It was a competent film I feel. You have to enjoy watching old men act like tough old men though. If you're not into it, I think that many scenes would be grating. There's nothing especially good about it I feel either. You know how it ends. It's a cop procedural drama, at it's heart.

Everything looks good though. Lots of props probably and early 30's looking stuff and styles. It really isn't an unpleasant film to look at.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

oh really? What's so hello about it?

Get em

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Note that he fled the thread and did not answer

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That’s what we call in the biz manufactured content

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Hello sirs and sirettes

I have not received a role pm yet so I'm p sure that means I'm town

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

What day of a Mafia game does everyone think is statistically the most interesting/challenging/fun on average? You can count from the beginning or the end (e.g. D2 and LYLO-minus-1 are both equally acceptable answers).

I'm gonna go with D3 for most small-to-medium games (13-21 players or so). People usually have pretty strong reads by then, battles from previous days are spilling over, there's usually enough claims/night action collisions out there that people are starting to :psyduck: about the setup, but there won't usually have been a massclaim yet, so there's still unknowns... it's chaotic and hard to predict, and I think a lot of games are decided during that period even if it's not obvious until after the dust settles.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

never 5get butt mafia

omg I was just reminiscing about butt mafia and sopranos v rugrats last weekend in the deadchat <3

I miss mafia

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

xopods posted:

What day of a Mafia game does everyone think is statistically the most interesting/challenging/fun on average? You can count from the beginning or the end (e.g. D2 and LYLO-minus-1 are both equally acceptable answers).

I'm gonna go with D3 for most small-to-medium games (13-21 players or so). People usually have pretty strong reads by then, battles from previous days are spilling over, there's usually enough claims/night action collisions out there that people are starting to :psyduck: about the setup, but there won't usually have been a massclaim yet, so there's still unknowns... it's chaotic and hard to predict, and I think a lot of games are decided during that period even if it's not obvious until after the dust settles.

Obviously it's D3. Conditionally D2.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

omg I was just reminiscing about butt mafia and sopranos v rugrats last weekend in the deadchat <3

I miss mafia

the deadchat for pigs game, I mean

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

cheese sandwich posted:

Attention shoppers. We have a lost child. If your scumteam is missing a member, please come collect him at the courtesy desk.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

its day 0 right before I open my role pm and then the low is after I realize I didn't role serial killer so I can't redeem myself for my first 3rd party game where I died miserably.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

its day 0 right before I open my role pm and then the low is after I realize I didn't role serial killer so I can't redeem myself for my first 3rd party game where I died miserably.

Roll,

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

cheese sandwich posted:

Obviously it's D3. Conditionally D2.

I'm thinking I might just have my next setup start on D3. Just modkill two random players plus two Town off the bat, and post a few random sections of the role section of people's PMs to get things going.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

Hello sirs and sirettes

Oh I was actually wrong about this, just was not expecting on discord. Sorry mr mod :(

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

xopods posted:

I'm thinking I might just have my next setup start on D3. Just modkill two random players plus two Town off the bat, and post a few random sections of the role section of people's PMs to get things going.

Do this, except don't tell people and get them to post bullshit for a real day or two before you do it just to really wifom poo poo up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Podima's last shine game was just day 4 over and over again

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

cheese sandwich posted:

Oh I was actually wrong about this, just was not expecting on discord. Sorry mr mod :(

platinum.... i do not have

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh god, mafia's become like everything else in this accursed internet era. There's no original ideas left to be had.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

I miss mafia

Butt mafia is one of my top mafia moments. Also drink mafia that you were also in where I totally faked out Power of Pecota and caught him as scum with my brilliant use of the messenger role. Glad you are here, maybe I can finally have another good mafia moment, it's been like a 300 game streak of bad plays

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I actually like day 1 the best. I’m untethered by truth or fact when accusing people of being 100% scum and I always find it fascinating how everyone just collectively pretends day 1 cases are worthwhile up until day 1 ends, and then promptly forgets day 1 ever happened

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

lmfao there was also the other pig game where I randomly got a syringe as scum in the middle of the day and publicly stabbed claimed cop yuming and Pecota lost it on me

I missed you guys

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess I like D2 best because It's Time To Get Serious

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Your Personal Muse posted:

I actually like day 1 the best. I’m untethered by truth or fact when accusing people of being 100% scum and I always find it fascinating how everyone just collectively pretends day 1 cases are worthwhile up until day 1 ends, and then promptly forgets day 1 ever happened

##vote YPM

Only Scum like D1, because it's the day Scum never get lunched.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is a good, Town post.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOO

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

xopods posted:

##vote YPM

we just lynched scum d1 in the good place

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

shine gives me mild ptsd

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

xopods posted:

##vote YPM

Or when they do it screws town because D1 doesn't mean poo poo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote hal

His votes are manufactured in a way to be perceived as joke posting but hes actually trying to ride momentum to gain an opportunistic lynch. If he unvotes its only further proof of this fact. I am going to tunnel hal all day today and if he turns out to be town I will claim Miller then ask to be mod replaced

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

OFFICER LIGER posted:

##vote hal

His votes are manufactured in a way to be perceived as joke posting but hes actually trying to ride momentum to gain an opportunistic lynch. If he unvotes its only further proof of this fact. I am going to tunnel hal all day today and if he turns out to be town I will claim Miller then ask to be mod replaced

This is a whole lot of serious with a serious lack of patience

Do you think he is scum y/n

I don't want Hal to die atm

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

cheese sandwich posted:

Or when they do it screws town because D1 doesn't mean poo poo

I'd love to see a game where all the scum pile on the same Townie, Town collectively freak out and lunch a Scum, but then decide that it's impossible the entire scumteam would coordinate to that extent and proceed to lose the game by lunching their way through the people who voted for Scum as they try to find what they believe is the Scum who bussed their buddy.

That'd just condense the essence of mafia into one perfect game.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

I was introduced to this show over the weekend. I was p blazed so it was a really good time. Do recommend

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

xopods posted:

I'd love to see a game where all the scum pile on the same Townie, Town collectively freak out and lunch a Scum, but then decide that it's impossible the entire scumteam would coordinate to that extent and proceed to lose the game by lunching their way through the people who voted for Scum as they try to find what they believe is the Scum who bussed their buddy.

That'd just condense the essence of mafia into one perfect game.

This is probably as close as you could get to the perfect d1 scum strat

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

OFFICER LIGER posted:

##vote hal

This feels like an inside joke I don’t get.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

cheese sandwich posted:

I was introduced to this show over the weekend. I was p blazed so it was a really good time. Do recommend

Sick

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pussy Quipped posted:

This feels like an inside joke I don’t get.

Yeah I don't really get the hate on for Hal he's a cool guy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

OFFICER LIGER posted:

##vote hal

I’m making a very dismissive face at this post and fat rolling away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A shameful attempt to exit joke phase.