Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Fight Island has the best moderation on the forums, they have watched countless combats and learned well

From their presser promo before the competition:

Luckily I have a transcript of J-Ru's full pre-fight interview:

Jerusalem posted:

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MODS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT JOSE AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER MODERATOR YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD INFINITUM TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT HUNGER GAMES YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE INFINITUM KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO JOSE YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT HUNGER GAMES. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT HUNGER GAMES! JOSE?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT HUNGER GAMES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Man I died already :smith: and by an admins hands no less!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Hey, why is Relax or DIE loving with my supplies, that’s not cool

I need those supplies to kill people with

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
You weren't relaxed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Day Three

We begin day three. Muscles like this appears to be on the edge. We witness Anidav and Barudak both running away from assailants, but Barudak suffers an injury in the process. Hopefully that won't come back to bite him! DJ Fuckboy Supreme wonders us with his spelunking abilities while Dum Cumpster takes the time to enjoy the nicer things in life.

As we witness another alliance form for the day, we see that Rah! and Jerusalem figure out it's better to work with each other than against each other. Junpei Hyde has a different relationship with the Gun mod, not wanting to disappoint her district by being the first one to lose all its players. OldSenileGuy continues to stalk, as if this is an event he's wanted to be a part of all his life, and a mysterious donor, likely from the CinD forum, arms their tribute with some bombs.

Beware of any mob that includes C-SPAM and VideoGames, it will likely only lead in betrayal for you, graph. Wark Say is desperate to not be the hunted here, and we see Grand Fromage scare off a would be predator in Pmush Perfect. Fear only does so much though. What's this! We have a fight, and the ultimate victor is the already proven Shine, who dispatches Smythe:rip: and twoday:rip: with almost minimal effort! Unbelievable!!

Some people can't handle the savagery of this game, as evidenced by Infinitum:rip: attempting to escape! Oh, poor Infinitum. You found out the hard way there are only two ways out, and you chose the more common one: death.

We see a massive raid on Oddium's supplies. Unlike Shine however, it doesn't appear Oddium did much in the way of getting sponsors to give her items in the leadup to this. I don't think this will bode well for her. With that, we have reached the end of Day three.

DrAlexanderTobacco:rip:
Ensign Expendable:rip:
Smythe:rip:
twoday:rip:
Infinitum:rip:

Day Three stats

No major changes with District 1: GBS, and District 2: Games has lost half of its members. It definitely appears that Relax or DIE! is doing the heavy lifting for their District.

District 3: D&D still has three of their tributes alive, but none of them have even begun to have gotten their hands dirty. District 4: SAS also maintains a pacifist hand.

District 5: YOSPOS has amassed a total of four kills, but only half their people remain. Shine on his own equaled that for District 6: YLLS, and they still have most of their tributes in play.

District 7: E/N+DIY is holding their own, as is District 8:TV/IV+CD, with 8 actually trying to put numbers on the board. And who said violence in our media was a bad thing?

District 9: TFR and TCC, nicknamed The Shooting Up District by some of our fans here, is in dead last right now with only one tribute remaining. District 10: C-SPAM is also holding their own, especially after their poor showing during the bloodbath stage.

District 11: The Union of ADTRW & TBB maintains a strong pacifist majority, and the hodge podge of District 12: A/T and QCS isn't asking any questions about their ability to tread water. If there was a dark horse pick for me, I think District 11 would be the one to keep an eye on. After all, they have both Battle Royale and The Hunger Gaims to lay claim to, and they will not shut up about either!

We give bonus points to flightless greeb for being the last surviving player for her district, and still with no kills. Shine on the other hand, has proven to be our most ambitious tribute, sitting with a deep four kills thus far! Someone get that guy a healthy hobby or somethin!

29 tributes remain alive.

We now transition to Night Three.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jun 28, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Infinitum took the coward's way out :colbert:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Glorious but tragic!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Don't mess with muscle mod

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Team double J representing...go for it J-ru and Junpei!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Red is Dead posted:

Team double J representing

Ain't they great!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Don't gently caress this up D1

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
avenge my death, Squizzle and Rah

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I will mourn your tragic deaths.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Great posted:

I will mourn your tragic deaths.

Huh, I found a mod that missed getting captured. Grab your pitchforks folks, let's get him!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

Some people can't handle the savagery of this game, as evidenced by Infinitum:rip: attempting to escape! Oh, poor Infinitum. You found out the hard way there are only two ways out, and you chose the more common one: death.

Maaaaaaattttteeee I only just hear about this thread and I'm already dead? Sounds loving rigged to me.

Go Games :toot:

Rarity posted:

Infinitum took the coward's way out :colbert:

ur fuckin banned kiddo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

ur fuckin banned kiddo

I don't post in Games any more, you can't touch me :smug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:negative:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
more like Finitum

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Relax Or DIE posted:

more like Finitum
:stonk:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

more like Finitum

Weird how this is also going to decide the strongest games IK

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

more like Finitum

I hope oddium wins

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

more like Finitum

Got 'im

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
before I went to sleep I prayed Jru would still be alive when I woke up so I'm very thankful

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

YOU CAN DO IT GRAPH

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Start killing people jose and hgb! for honor!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Wendigee posted:

Start killing people jose and hgb! for honor!

I know right, cant wait for the next installment haha

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I know right, cant wait for the next installment haha

That's a death flag if I ever heard one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

As the numbers begin to dwindle, I will now be combining Night and Day updates.

Night Three

Rah!, if it's any consolation, exposure in your sleep isn't the worst way to go. But it isn't your time. We see graph receive some water, was it from forums poster and supporter SRQ?

Some of our mods are clearly at wit's end, choosing to just rest for the night. Julias lets out their inner Shinji. Jerusalem and Junpei operate cautiously; they knows how much pressure rest on their shoulders for their District. We see Oddium find a small support group, but will OldSenileGuy scheme his way through without adding to the body count? Hard to say.

It looks like we see some of our Tributes having a good time. Hard to be feeling down when you've racked up four kills!

And finally, we have Barudak:rip:. with an absolutely inconceivable self-own.

Day Four

It looks like camping with OldSenileGuy has had some adverse effects on morale, as Oddium:rip: just can't take it anymore! Press F for our fallen mod.

Our admin decides to make a play and take out our Anime Emporium Tribute, but is unsuccessful. Maybe if they read a gridiron manga they would have been better prepared. Feeling refreshed, graph is out for blood again, and movax moves to replenish their heat sink. flightless greeb:rip: truly lives up to their username.

Wark Say:rip: joins our aerially impaired friend in the afterlife, unable to traverse even the most bearable of elements.

Another giant mob forms, but it results in no quarry. Oh well, beats dyin! SoundMonkey is running through these games just like how they do their every day life, not changing a thing. Grand Fromage decides now is a good time to build some stable shelter like a crazed hermit in the woods would do.

Pmush continues to ally herself with stone cold killers, will it work out? We also watch as someone decides to arm OldSenileGuy. His district brethren Franchescanado takes a spill. Injuries can turn fatal in an instant out here.

We have Squizzle playing it safe, while Jerusalem finally puts points on the board for SAS, showing no mercy in putting down HugeGrossBurrito:rip:

Anidav, muscles like this!, and Jose continue to play a more solitary focused game, while Relax or DIE! makes simple eye contact with Dum Cumpster. We also witness an absolutely BRUTAL kill by Safety Biscuits, savagely bashing JunpeiHyde's:rip: skull in. :drat: Do NOT gently caress with The Book Barn.

Day Four has come to an end.

Barudak:rip:
Oddium:rip:
flightless greeb:rip:
Wark Say:rip:
HugeGrossBurrito:rip:
JunpeiHyde:rip:

Day Four Stats

We have now reached the stage of the game.

Both District 1: GBS and District 2: Games are down to one member remaining, with Relax or DIE! having done most of the dirty work for their district.

District 3: D&D maintains a pacifist hand, and honestly, it's working out for them since they're still running with most of their members alive. Jerusalem is the only hope left for District 4: SAS+FI, and now that he's gotten his first taste of blood, maybe this will inspire him to survive.

District 5: YOSPOS sees no significant change from the previous day, nor does District 6: YLLS. Neither side has lost any more tributes nor made any additional kills.

District 7: E/N+DIY also sees no change, while District 8: TV/IV+CD slowly puts numbers up, even if indirectly. I'd be worried about Franchescanado though if I were them, injuries don't typically lead to a long stay in the Hunger Games.

District 9: TCC+TFR is our first district to be completely wiped out. Coincidentally, these two forums have the highest mortality rate compared to all the other ones! True to nature, guys. District 10: C-SPAM sees no major changes in their performance today.

District 11: ADTRW+TBB lose another member today, but Safety Biscuits was able to put points on the board. Maybe Julias lent them a fairly violent Light Novel to inspire them? District 12: A/T+QCS also doesn't observe any major changes, but not for a lack of trying on Athanatos's part! Don't worry champ, you'll get them next time.

Despite the high number of deaths today, most of them were self inflicted, whether on purpose or by accident. Shine is still the target to beat, with 4 kills to his name. District 9 is our first District to be completely eliminated, and District 4: SAS isn't far behind them, with only one living player left. The best performing so far is District 6, with most of their members alive and the most kills collectively, and District 8 is right on their heels with only one less kill. District 3 still remains the only District to not put any kills on the board at all. Maybe they're hoping to wipe out the other Districts by boring them to death?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 28, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I demand a recount

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I demand a recount

should have pleaded better with the fake fighting moderator :shrug:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

JOHN CENA posted:

should have pleaded better with the fake fighting moderator :shrug:

I am extremely good at pleading see see please oh god please see

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:cripes: Just my luck, despite the fact that I can swim decent-to-proficiently IRL.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How do you drown in a frozen lake? :thunkher:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

How do you drown in a frozen lake? :thunkher:
By being too dumb to live. :haw:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Its all on you, J ru

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Damnit district 9. We should have been unstoppable with our combined knowledge of firearms and.....medicine

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Its all up to you, Relax or Die. Do Games proud. :patriot:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Junpei Hyde posted:

Its all on you, J ru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are