Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

has anyone made a tony hawk game featuring these sick west coast locations and a blink 182 soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

greetings from San Francisco at noon

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

has anyone made a tony hawk game featuring these sick west coast locations and a blink 182 soundtrack

HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naem
May 29, 2011

Knot My President! posted:

greetings from San Francisco at noon

greetings fellow martian

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
this is incredibly unsettling to actually be in

like logically I know it's just smoke and fog in the upper atmosphere (the air quality where I am is actually better than it's been in weeks) but I was not prepared for what it would do to my brain on like a biochemical level for there to not be daylight at 11:45. I'm torn between competing urges to sleep or despair

human consciousness is like this tiny island floating on top of our primate brain which was built on top of our rodent brain on top of our lizard brain on top of our insect brain and everything below human is absolutely losing its goddamn poo poo right now, I want to go into a cave and beg a terrible snake god to bring the sun back

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Standing in San Fran in front of a camera and gesturing towards the distance*

It's an UGLY planet, a RED planet!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

From my friend

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cubone posted:

this is incredibly unsettling to actually be in

like logically I know it's just smoke and fog in the upper atmosphere (the air quality where I am is actually better than it's been in weeks) but I was not prepared for what it would do to my brain on like a biochemical level for there to not be daylight at 11:45. I'm torn between competing urges to sleep or despair

human consciousness is like this tiny island floating on top of our primate brain which was built on top of our rodent brain on top of our lizard brain on top of our insect brain and everything below human is absolutely losing its goddamn poo poo right now, I want to go into a cave and beg a terrible snake god to bring the sun back

Yes, my brain keeps thinking it's about time for me to leave home for work when I've already been here for nearly six hours. Stupid brain.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Look, some places have flood season, some places have hurricane season, and we have fire season. And every 6-8 years or so, we do occasionally get thunderstorms in late August and early September in the Bay Area, but normally they're accompanied by actual rain. And last year's fire season happened at the tail end of November, in a time of unusually high winds and a time when historically we've already had the first rain of winter.

If I didn't know better, I would swear the climate was changing or something.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
San Francisco today

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Malkina_ posted:

San Francisco today

That looks so crazy.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
It rained ash on me on Sunday afternoon. I thought it was late afternoon because of how dark it was and it was only mid afternoon lmao

WELCOME TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

WELCOME TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Colonel Cancer posted:

The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
And a dark wind blows :getin:

we're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
and the machine is bleeding to death

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Your boomer parents built it.

Fix it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You complain about it, you benefited from it you grew up there admiring it. You lamented the lack of social awareness. You pointed out the awareness of how "coasties" have it better.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Or is it "the inland empire" or the OR coast or...

now, you look at it. This isn't a farm silo in Idaho or a trailer park in Ark. It's your town.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never been but I hope it stays it looks great.

the haunted house is really really good.

of course if it burns then the angry spirits contained therein will be free to roam the rest of the world

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

The Voice of Labor posted:

the haunted house is really really good.

of course if it burns then the angry spirits contained therein will be free to roam the rest of the world

P sure those guys were freed a long time ago my friend.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/oxVe1VQ.mp4

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Big Beef City posted:

You complain about it, you benefited from it you grew up there admiring it. You lamented the lack of social awareness. You pointed out the awareness of how "coasties" have it better.

Big Beef City posted:

Or is it "the inland empire" or the OR coast or...

now, you look at it. This isn't a farm silo in Idaho or a trailer park in Ark. It's your town.

newsflash for ya, california isn't the reason we can't get any climate change legislation passed in this country

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Klyith posted:

newsflash for ya, california isn't the reason we can't get any climate change legislation passed in this country
is that what he was posting about?

all I managed to decipher was vague surly grousing

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klyith posted:

I hear the coast guard is really good at starting fires.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Shits on fire yo

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

1redflag posted:

Shits on fire yo

:hmmyes:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
On a dark forest highway
Hot wind in my hair
Warm smell of charred trees
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I was dying of smoke inhalation, alright

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

It's kinda fuckin me up thinking about the Australian bush fires and how they were also (mostly) this year, with the same images of red/black skies at 1pm.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I like the one in Yucaipa that was started by fireworks/smoke device for a gender reveal party for a baby. "Hey, remember when you were born and we burned thousands of acres in celebration?"

Some of those pictures have a weird beauty to them, in an apocalyptic sense. Not saying it is cool or celebrating it, but the surreal effect of the orange skies makes for some crazy pictures.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
but conservatives have explained for decades that the world is really big therefore nothing about the environment can ever really change

Donovan Trip posted:

Went up to St Helens and found the divide between the smoke and clear skies on this stumpy beach (giant image)

go left

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Colonel Cancer posted:

The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
And a dark wind blows :getin:
The government is corrupt and we're on so many drugs. With the radio on and the curtains drawn.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Hobologist posted:

Look, some places have flood season, some places have hurricane season, and we have fire season. And every 6-8 years or so, we do occasionally get thunderstorms in late August and early September in the Bay Area, but normally they're accompanied by actual rain. And last year's fire season happened at the tail end of November, in a time of unusually high winds and a time when historically we've already had the first rain of winter.

If I didn't know better, I would swear the climate was changing or something.
Get used to having a 9 month fire season thanks to climate change.

I saw lots of hornets walking on the sidewalk looking lost or too tired to fly. It was darker this morning, I didn't bring a flashlight when I went out with my dog and I tripped twice in the woods.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you mean a 12 month fire season

naem
May 29, 2011

borrowed from imgur, it’s is now yellow o’clock

this pic does not convert how dark and dingy it is in person, feels like just before sundown

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Yeah, that doesn't look apocalyptic at all.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Malkina_ posted:

San Francisco today

Jesus. I really want to believe you applied some Photoshop magic.

heaven Mars is a place on earth

zaepg fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 9, 2020

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We shoulda cleaned our florist:smith:

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 10, 2020

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rad-daddio posted:

We should take the fire and move it out into the ocean.

Please @trump this suggestion

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Turns out this was just a big publicity stunt for the Dune trailer that came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xhJrPXop4

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnvJLeYedgI

Just :pressf: that entire bloodline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this is cool as gently caress and i dont see how anyone could think its not an improvement
(click for big)