Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bargearse posted:

Are they the ones that have the price printed on the can so store owners can’t get away with jacking up the price?

Yup. They're not amazing-amazing but you get good value for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

he got some bbq chips and a cherry coke about 4 posts into page 1.

it's easy to criticize his choices, but in reality we let him down by not bringing solid snack advice sooner. it's not like he was going to wait 6 hours for a snack consensus to form.

Ah, dang I missed that. Not sure about that combination, but its nothing I'd turn away if offered

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

mind the walrus posted:

I used to buy a blueberry AZ Tea back in the day but haven't seen it in forever.

It looks like it still exists but it must be regional.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arizona products are super weird like that. gently caress I haven't seen a non-diet version of an Arnold Palmer in years :smith:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yeah that's weird as hell because my last job was as a retail grocery supervisor and I know we had the regular black label Arnold Palmer in cans and jugs because I was responsible for ordering.

N/m, I guess we had Lite and a Zero. I didn't know there were two different low calorie versions.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 10, 2020

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Bbq Corn Nuts, chocolate Moon Pie and an RC Cola.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Yeah that's weird as hell because my last job was as a retail grocery supervisor and I know we had the regular black label Arnold Palmer in cans and jugs because I was responsible for ordering.

I loving hate Sucralose so I make special note of all the drinks I can't have. Y'know Hawaiian loving Punch and V8 Tropics are swimming in that crap? :smith:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

I loving hate Sucralose so I make special note of all the drinks I can't have. Y'know Hawaiian loving Punch and V8 Tropics are swimming in that crap? :smith:

Juice is pretty gross in general. It's either totally fake poo poo, or it's cut with apple juice and full of sugar, or my favorite is "lite" that's just watered down. Like, I can add water to my own juice instead of paying more for less.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
The Arizona Tea community

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Juice is pretty gross in general. It's either totally fake poo poo, or it's cut with apple juice and full of sugar, or my favorite is "lite" that's just watered down. Like, I can add water to my own juice instead of paying more for less.
It's true. Unless you're buying expensive-rear end "pure" unsweetened stuff you're almost always just getting apple juice, pear juice, and/or water with corn syrup. I still like it, but yeah always cut it with water when you can. You can stretch out like one bottle of Arizona for 3-4 meals and get a merely inhumane amount of sugar.

Won't lie though the Arizona Cherry Lime Rickey was great at first:

I swear to god when these dropped in 2014 they did *not* have sucralose, but I can't prove it, and all subsequent releases definitely have that devil syrup.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

For awhile I drank energy drinks on a regular basis and ginger Rockstar and horchata Rockstar were my favorite flavors. Haven't seen them in awhile.

On another note, I saw this YouTube video several years ago where this teenage kid was showing off his Baja Blast collection and it was like all these gallon jugs and Gatorade bottles he'd filled up at Taco Bell. It was really gross.

Oh yeah, I did like Sangria Baja Blast. Also, there's a mini mart in my mom's town that has Strawberry Goji Mtn Dew on tap. It's the only place I've ever seen it.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pretzel and Cheddar Combos are S-tier

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Get some of those pickled sausage things op

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The gas station here has started selling Milo's sweet tea and thats really good but its twice as expensive as the grocery store 3 blocks away and also they only sell gallon jugs of it and that really betrays a lack of understanding of what I go to the gas station for.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bugles and clam dip. :backtowork:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Anybody here smoke swishers? I’ll go for one every now and then, might pick one up tomorrow

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

OP's quest for snacks made the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnwXBLvNmzM

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ziv Zulander posted:

Anybody here smoke swishers? I’ll go for one every now and then, might pick one up tomorrow

Maybe a black and mild wood tip but swishers are for rolling only

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

it's like a werther's original that will pull out your fillings

I’d compare them to a much larger Milk Dud made with better ingredients. Perhaps Big Dud, then, is behind their diminished presence in the American candy landscape.

mind the walrus posted:

All the Arizona drinks absolutely destroy my stomach. Ive always had a weak stomach, so it getting upset isn’t weird, but the way Arizona causes it to immediately burble up into a fountain of acid is astounding. No idea why. Even Four Loko doesn’t have the same effect, and I’m pretty sure that’s just Sterno and food dye.

Anyways, get an Almond Snickers*, a small bag of Lays Hot Chicken chips, and a kiwi-strawberry Snapple.

*FUN FACT: if you’ve missed Mars Bars, get Almond Snickers. It’s the exact same product, just rebranded in the states for some reason.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Hostess cupcakes

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
A big pickle and BBQ chips

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Thinking about it, I'd like to change my answer from regretting that OP missed the funyuns train to regretting OP missed the combos aquataxi.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
arizona half n half ice tea and lemonade and a bag of zapps voodoo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Mark's Smokies

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The_Continental posted:

Maybe a black and mild wood tip but swishers are for rolling only

wood tip wine

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nutrigrain bar and a mtn dew

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

You need to snap into at least one slim Jim

If you’re old enough, maybe get a MD 20/20... whichever is the least gross flavor

Zeinin
May 7, 2003

Just like buy out their entire supply of ham. If you have like a mid-tier gas station they should have one sad grocery section with like maybe a dozen eggs and some hot dogs. Just find the ham and buy all of it. Once you have the ham, buy some snickers bars, two. When you get the ham, open the package and wrap five ham slices around the snickers bar. You have now completed the mission.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheAardvark posted:

TABASCO loving SLIM JIM

TheAardvark posted:

TABASCO loving SLIM JIM

TheAardvark posted:

TABASCO loving SLIM JIM

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I once got teased for buying some local peanut brittle in a gas station, both by my girlfriend, and by the gas station clerk who was trying to flirt with my girlfriend. "That's an old person snack."

I told them both, gently caress you, peanut brittle is tits.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I buy the pickle in a bag, open it, fart in it, then reseal it with my lighter and put it back. Fart pickle.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

if you don’t care much about being alive mix a watermelon Red Bull with 2.5 shots of ice cold vodka in a cup with a salted rim

delicious and hedonistically unhealthy

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
I generally buy snacks that can be eaten with one hand at the gas station... because my job involves driving a lot. My diet lately consists of a lot of chips and creamcheese/jalapeno taquitos. I sometimes get those egg salad sandwiches when I need something more substantial, but I have to pull over for a couple minutes to eat those, and if it gets to that point, I might as well stop at one of the fast food places on the route. For caffeine, I find that the most effective thing to do is get a bottle of caffeine pills, put 'em in your glovebox, and learn how to swallow them without water.

Tomorrow, I have to drive two and a half hours to get to a job site, the job will take at least an hour, and then drive back will be another two and a half hours. I have a bag of Dutch Crunch kettle cooked mesquite BBQ chips I bought at the gas station today, but I might get real food at the KFC there after I'm done work and facing the drive home.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

u need 2 hands to eat a sandwich?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
7-Eleven had these microwaveable freshly made sandwiches for awhile, like 2 years ago or whatever. Cheesesteak and like a hot italian, a chicken ranch, something else iirc. They were really good but they were discontinued.

:sigh:

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

SilvergunSuperman posted:

u need 2 hands to eat a sandwich?

I've tried it 1 handed, but the sandwich ended up dripping all over the place.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chinatown posted:

7-Eleven had these microwaveable freshly made sandwiches for awhile, like 2 years ago or whatever. Cheesesteak and like a hot italian, a chicken ranch, something else iirc. They were really good but they were discontinued.

:sigh:

I guarantee they cut it to save on quarterly earnings because what made them good also made them cost like, 5/8ths of a cent more than having none at all.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

I guarantee they cut it to save on quarterly earnings because what made them good also made them cost like, 5/8ths of a cent more than having none at all.

given 7-Elevens scale is probably even less of a fraction =\

7-Eleven is still my jam tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I moved to a part of the country w/o 7-11 and I miss them way more than I thought I would.