Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you’re catching up, start with this year’s Slammiversary - it was a really good PPV, and a good jumping on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hi I've been told that this is the place to be nowadays.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If you want to catch up, on YouTube the a recap show called ups and downs, I think it's whatculture wrestling who does them. They started doing them for impact very recently.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

If you want to catch up, on YouTube the a recap show called ups and downs, I think it's whatculture wrestling who does them. They started doing them for impact very recently.

Simon Miller was in on the whole plan!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Kenny Omega stole the AEW belt! Ya wanna know why???

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The most TNA thing is their biggest weekly show in literally years and they are voluntarily having TJP on it.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lid posted:

The most TNA thing is their biggest weekly show in literally years and they are voluntarily having TJP on it.

njpw features him frequently!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Does he still wrestle? I remember him being very charismatic and not overly skilled in matches in Defiant.

God, I miss Defiant.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

CAn I watch the new episodes on Twitch in Canada without any kind of subscription or do I need to sign up for something? I don’t have Fight channel in my cable package.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Dacap posted:

CAn I watch the new episodes on Twitch in Canada without any kind of subscription or do I need to sign up for something? I don’t have Fight channel in my cable package.

You can watch on twitch

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dacap posted:

I'm afraid it's region locked to the US.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Edward Mass posted:

I'm afraid it's region locked to the US.

VPN should work then?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dacap posted:

VPN should work then?

Oh, almost certainly.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I'm pretty sure its not region locked, at least not for canadians.

I think they do the thing where only subscribers are allowed to watch their vods, which makes sense.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Procrastinator posted:

I'm pretty sure its not region locked, at least not for canadians.

I think they do the thing where only subscribers are allowed to watch their vods, which makes sense.

I'm just going by what impactwrestling.com says, and it only has Twitch for the US.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1334709009551659008

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd like to thank the mods, admins, and Don Callis for making the new thread ID possible.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Meltz is reporting that Kenny Omega will be back on Impact next Tuesday, and might show up on Impact Wrestling PPVs.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I can't believe TNA has finally won the war against WWE.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Is there really a match at the ppv where the stipulation is that if one guy loses he goes to jail for attempted murder?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lamuella posted:

Is there really a match at the ppv where the stipulation is that if one guy loses he goes to jail for attempted murder?

Yes. And it's a comedy angle.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lamuella posted:

The segment that announced this match put a lampshade on it: Larry D was shocked, asking Dreamer "You mean to tell me....if I beat you, I'm a free man, but if I lose I go to jail? Can you do that?" Dreamer responded in the affirmative that he has that power.

(This is a comedy angle)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The John E Bravo stuff is silly but Impact's been working for me with the silly for awhile now. Its like if AEW aired BTE on Dynamite.

I enjoy that stuff, I like the tag division, and I'm intrigued by the women division and Bey. But there's not the strong core I MUST watch right now and those empty arena matches are rough. If Omega really does something there that's a huge boon obviously, but also just because they've really been struggling to have that buzz worthy talents since they lost so much talent to AEW and the Tessa Blanchard debacle.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

The Meltz is reporting that Kenny Omega will be back on Impact next Tuesday, and might show up on Impact Wrestling PPVs.

Oh yeah, it's official.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1337485974864007169

Final Resolution is tonight on ImpactPlus (5 PM PST):

Impact World Title Match:
Rich Swann (c) vs Chris Bey

Ethan Page vs Karl Anderson

Impact Knockout Title Match:
Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs Rosemary

Tenille Dashwood & Kaleb (With A K) vs Alisha Edwards & Eddie Edwards

Old School Rules Match:
Larry D vs Tommy Dreameer

Eric Young w/ Joe Doering vs Rhino

Impact X-Division Title Match:
Rohit Raju vs TBD (Defeat Rohit Challenge)

Hernandez vs Fallah Bahh (w/ Kiera Hogan as a special referee & Tasha Steelz as a special ring announcer)

The Sea Stars vs Havok & Nevaeh

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're not gonna get me to watch again. Not after this week.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I might just tune in tonight for Swann v. Bey. I think that match should be a banger.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Those women's matches will own

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

This is going to be a good VOD chaser after a live Triplemania.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Was tonight taped during the latest tapings, or are they live?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not watching but it's taped I think. Isn't Bey in the main event but also on the New Japan show tonight?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

J-Ro posted:

This is going to be a good VOD chaser after a live Triplemania.

probably also after the super j cup tbh

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If it's a pre-tape there's a much higher chance of Omega showing up tonight, fwiw. Still worth watching for the Knockouts

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

If it's a pre-tape there's a much higher chance of Omega showing up tonight, fwiw. Still worth watching for the Knockouts

I feel like Impact would've promoted an Omega appearance if it were happening. Also if they care about continuity he'll be wrestling at Triplemania at the exact same time.

e: then again, who knows
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1337937029896708096?s=20

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 13, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The World Champ isn't restricted by such petty constraints

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The most predictable story Impact's ever done is "TJP can't challenge for the X-Division title ever again" then just shows up as Suicide Manik

It's been a long time since I've seen Manik but he looks like the debut goons from the Dark Order

Rohit is great and he deserves better than this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think it was exactly supposed to be a surprise. I'm not super caught up but I did see a segment where Scott D'Amore told TJP something to the extent of "Its such a shame TJP can never fight for the X Title again. I keep wondering what Dusty Rhodes would do. Its just a shame the unmasked wrestler named TJP can't challenge for the title. I wish I could ask Dusty for advice."

I can't say it interested me but it sure wasn't subtle.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think it was exactly supposed to be a surprise. I'm not super caught up but I did see a segment where Scott D'Amore told TJP something to the extent of "Its such a shame TJP can never fight for the X Title again. I keep wondering what Dusty Rhodes would do. Its just a shame the unmasked wrestler named TJP can't challenge for the title. I wish I could ask Dusty for advice."

I can't say it interested me but it sure wasn't subtle.
Rahit is a good person IRL and women on the roster called him out for sticking up for them in Impact behind the scenes.

TJP is a dipshit who hates women, thinks he's better than Ibushi and Liger, and is an anti-mask gamer-gate bro

Wrong man won.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I definitely wasn't stanning for TJP. Neither really interests me. I guess that one really incredibly awkward segment just did.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rosemary vs Deonna should be good though! The one thing Impact does well is their women's division, the fact that they can run tag-tournaments for titles and none of the teams feel randomly thrown together is a step above WWE and AEW because they're all allowed to have friends, personalities, and depth on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kenny has appeared!

In a pretape

With Karl Anderson! Where they talk about NJPW a bunch, and Kenny and Callis make fun of him for being better in NJPW