Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

If it wasn't true, they wouldn't be saying it.

e: rightful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

Yeah, It's dom and sub now.

I appealed to the ISO board for "GenitalWrangler" and "AssController" on MULTIPLE occasions and have heard nothing. NOTHING.

Cum AllYeFaithful
Oct 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Cum pooter

Shinjobi posted:

Cumpaq computers
I like where this thread is going.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Wowwwww. anyone got her serial number or MAC address?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Antigravitas posted:

Yeah, It's dom and sub now.

close it's actually DD/lg

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Big Beef City posted:

uh

they're removing 'slave' and 'master' connotations from devices and drives now you ignorant slut

which is totally fine, but in practice, come on. Did anyone REALLY, HONESTLY find electronic hardware configured to respond to another piece of hardware in a totally innocuous situation that upsetting by those terms that it needed to be phrased out of the lexicon based on the literal meaning of those words? I can't defend it any more than that and I won't try and won't care when it does change. This is it. This is literally my hands up I can't take it to PC culture anymore the master/slave relationship to device slotting and you're witnessing me blow up in real time is what I'm saying and I constantly advocate for its continued usage

true progress is not changing the names, but removing the power imbalance relationship between devices

in the praxis computer the hard drive has equal say in what operations the CPU does, and every instruction to write data is preceded by asking for consent

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

uh

they're removing 'slave' and 'master' connotations from devices and drives now you ignorant slut

which is totally fine, but in practice, come on. Did anyone REALLY, HONESTLY find electronic hardware configured to respond to another piece of hardware in a totally innocuous situation that upsetting by those terms that it needed to be phrased out of the lexicon based on the literal meaning of those words? I can't defend it any more than that and I won't try and won't care when it does change. This is it. This is literally my hands up I can't take it to PC culture anymore the master/slave relationship to device slotting and you're witnessing me blow up in real time is what I'm saying and I constantly advocate for its continued usage
Wait until you hear about whitelist/blacklist firewall rule terminology being phased out.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

First day of school... need video player software...

They're both so HOT... which one should I download???

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Real nerds use RealPlayer

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

uh

Well it’s like, why do you need to impose an order of operations scheme on the root machine functions? What’s the real purpose of caching and creating an ultimate resolution limit? If you just make a nested for loop of the machine functions as a compiled bit, mathematical operations can be read in a linear fashion, where the first in operation can make memory in the future of unlimited word length, so that divide and root functions don’t have to be processed first before the adding operations. You don’t get a parsing error trying to do a root and divide simultaneously, and class headers can be more than one word. :viggo:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Putty posted:

First day of school... need video player software...

They're both so HOT... which one should I download???

Trick question, it's actually , the goth girlfriend of video players.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBBKVxjlMsQ

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Mario the computer programmer is having a hard time battling Goombas and other bothersome bugs. He knew that programmers talk about having "bugs" in their programs from time to time, but this is ridiculous!

Computer programmers plan and write instructions for computer known as programs. Programs enable us to use computers to do a variety of tasks from playing games to understanding scientific information. After a computer programmer writes a program, he or she tests it to make sure there are no mistakes. Computer programmers call these mistakes "bugs."

holy loving poo poo dude, nsfw that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hear YOSPOS created the infamous cookie monster virus from the blockbuster classic hit "Hackers"

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Antigravitas posted:

Trick question, it's actually , the goth girlfriend of video players.

YOSPOS bitch, youtube-dl -q -o- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ" | mplayer -fs -

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Klyith posted:

YOSPOS bitch, youtube-dl -q -o- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ" | mplayer -fs -

mpv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ does the same but better.

If you want to get really fancy:
code:
mkdir -p ~/.config/mpv
echo 'ytdl-format=bestvideo[height<=?1080]+bestaudio' >> ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf
And it'll get up to 1080 resolution and dynamically remux the file to use the best audio source, then open it in mpv, which allows skipping around the video at will.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda* to make all your problems disappear :)

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

that wont work

ok, if there's no partitions on sda it will work but then, what are you really removing

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The pro way of data destruction is blkdiscard. You can abort out of a dd and rescue data, but blkdiscard is instant on ssds and utterly, irreversably destructive. Throwing away all data is the default setting, it's really made to be as footgunny as possible.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
i'm running a ibm a30p thinkpad from 2001 with a p3 1.2ghz cpu and 1 gig of ram, and winxp sp3, and use remote desktop to connect to a windows 10 vps

:smugmrgw: :awesome: :thumbsup:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

What happens in YOS stays in POS

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
If you watch any video on youtube that shows a standard windows 10 desktop that hasn't been custimized or modified to look like windows classic, just lol if you don't get immediately triggered into intense rage & hate and want to come through the screen and kick the youtuber's rear end.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I want to do that with EVERY youtube video I watch regardless of what it's about or showing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985