Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Marveling at the old hippy librarian couple who are watching the dance so there's no funny buisness going on who have stuffed massive balls of cotton into their ears. Years of listening to nothing but Leonard Cohen has made them unable to handle modern music such as *checks google* MC Hammer and Digital Underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I only went to mine because attendance was mandatory.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yeah so anyway then you have the 3 sacred stones and you go to the Temple of Time. And as you're coming up the castle you see Ganondorf chasing the Princess and she throws the ocarina in the moat and you go dive into the moat. And you get the ocarina and guess what! Cindy, guess what. Cindy. Cindy where are you going?

Hey Joe, did you beat the Fire Temple yet? Yeah, that freaking dragon, man, holy poo poo. I didn't even know you could use the hammer. Hey hold on Cindy's coming back.

Yeah so anyway Cindy then you get the ocarina and you go into the Temple of Time finally! And you open it up but then you get frozen in time for 7 years! 7 freaking years, Cindy! And when you come out you're super badass and cool and... oh, getting some more cookies, huh? Yeah that sounds good.

Okay so anyway Joe I beat the dragon, I dunno where I'm going next though. Did you do the water temple yet, I heard it was a BITCH.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
*Struggles to pull the collapsing bleachers out by himself *

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Even my catholic school with less than 100 students total had a 7th grade dance.

hey we had the same childhood!
Sup catholic-school-with-total-student-body-of-88 kids education haver

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bargearse posted:

I only went to mine because attendance was mandatory.

How did they manage to enforce that?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

YeahTubaMike posted:

Dance Cops

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm struggling to understand how a 7th grade dance would be mandatory as well and also laughing at the dichotomy of A.) most of the kids being too self conscious to dance and just stand there and B.) there being chaperones or whatever to make sure there wasn't TOO much 'slow dancing' or something.

Like "You've got to be confused and horned up and awkward and you HAVE to be here." Seems ...problematic.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
around that grade, i punched a soap dispenser because the girl i liked was dancing with a guy i hated!!!

take THAT kristina

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Have it during school hours

Gonna dance with a couple of my besties until one of the boys gets the courage to ask one of us to dance. The boys look on, terrified wallflowers, as we girls dance for an hour.

Oh there's a slow song. C'mon boys, you can do it. Oh, well you didn't. Maybe next month.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hotdog feet posted:

around that grade, i punched a soap dispenser because the girl i liked was dancing with a guy i hated!!!

take THAT kristina

This has GIGANTIC seventh grade boy energy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

"You've got to be confused and horned up and awkward and you HAVE to be here."

This is actually a concise summary of what growing up is.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Meme Poker Party posted:

This is actually a concise summary of what growing up is.

Word.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
"what the heck why are they playing the stupid chicken song again"
"because it makes the girls stick their boobies and butts out hehe, you idiot."
*Too loudly*"Ohhhhh"
*Several girls give side eye daggers and stop so enthusiastically flapping their chicken wings*

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

*has a boner the entire time*

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hearing about the one kid who stole booze from their parents who is currently being violently ill in the bathroom because a 13 year old is not made to drink expired bailey's.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Threatening suspension if you were absent without a good reason. Or what they would have thought of as a good reason, at least.

Private schools are some bullshit. Same school had teachers hanging out at nearby train stations and bus stops to bust students for being out of uniform on the way to and from school.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
*steps on girls toes while slowing*

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
*actually knows how to slow dance, constantly bumps my partner into other people because no one else is moving*

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"I can't until next year when I will inexplicably have been taught to waltz"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
this technically happened in sixth grade. I had my first full-blown crush on a girl. One day in PE they taught us basic dance steps (probably in anticipation for that oh-so-important SEVENTH GRADE DANCE the following year) and I got paired with my crush!

we made it through one or two shuffles, then she laughed at me and walked away